test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance on all platforms tomorrow

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
edited August 2018 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 8/16 on all platforms. PS4 will have maintenance at 5AM Pacific for 8 hours. (What time is this for me?)
Xbox One will have maintenance at 7AM Pacific for 2 hours. (What time is this for me?)
PC will have maintenance at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our PC patch notes here. There are no patch notes for Xbox One and Playstation 4, just a general maintenance.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Good to see some of the problems people have been mentioning are finally showing up with fixes :)
  • vixrauna#9053 vixrauna Member Posts: 1 New User
    You say pc starts at 7 am pacific and lasts 2 and a half hours.
    PC sto launcher says it starts at 7 am pacific and lasts until 10:30 am pacific...
    which is 3 and a half hours.
    I just wanna know which one is correct.
    You ambassador sir, or the pc sto launcher announcement?
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Why are will still not getting fixes for the unskippable missions in Future Proof?
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Looks like a welcome update for the Crystalline Entity.

And...
    Resolved an issue that prevented Jem’Hadar Captains from talking to their Security Officer for Duty Officer Assignments.

:)
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    You might want to check your event time announcer again. I believe that your time is not UTC. Just saying. @ambassadorkael#6946
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    PC will have maintenance at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
    Dear ambassadorkael, I appreciate you posting links to the time and date page, but could you please enter the correct, pacific, timezone before entering the actual time? You entered 7 am utc instead pacific, and that's actually the only timezone I don't need a converter for. On the other hand I know for a fact that 7 am pacific is not 7 am utc.
    So, please, either enter the correct, pacific, timezone in time and date, or tell us the utc time here like the launcher does.
    Thank you very much!
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
  • pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    You say pc starts at 7 am pacific and lasts 2 and a half hours.
    PC sto launcher says it starts at 7 am pacific and lasts until 10:30 am pacific...
    which is 3 and a half hours.
    I just wanna know which one is correct.
    You ambassador sir, or the pc sto launcher announcement?

That's a good question, too.

Furthermore, if I may, it'd be better to have the date of maintenance in the thread title, istead of just "tomorrow", because, for example, when our dear ambassador posted the thread, it was already "tomorrow" for me.
    So, dear ambassadorkael, if your heart depends on the "tomorrow" in the thread title, you could call it something like "Maintenance tommorrow, August 16."
    Thank you very much again for your attention!
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
  • munkmetal1#6963 munkmetal1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    My concern here with this is the fact that I'm one of those people who started the Lohlunat Festival a little late. I managed to start earning vouchers for the Vorgon Dreadnought Cruiser Prize at exactly the right time, and as of last night I had 965 vouchers. This morning I would have earned my final 40 and claimed the ship, but unfortunately PS4 maintenance runs until 3 pm my time. 5 hours after the festival ends for me. Which means I'm getting screwed out of the ship. I know it wasn't their intention, obviously. But I'm feeling a little cheated that they decided to do this maintenance on the final morning of the festival. I've submitted a ticket already. But I'm a little worried here that I wasted a month trying to earn my first T6 ship. I really hope this will be addressed and made right.

Tyler Messer
    (A recent but loyal player)
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Has PC Maintenance been extended?
  • looney1069looney1069 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Still showing server down on PC
  • gaphilip1gaphilip1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Hi, server still unavailable on PC, anyone else with this issue ?
    Edit: didn't see previous comment
  • admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »
    Good to see some of the problems people have been mentioning are finally showing up with fixes :)

Well did the original Gorn uniform unlock after playing the battle of Caleb IV ever actually unlock now? Fact is some bugs just occassionally stop being mentioned, doesn't mean there fixed.
  • knighthaven2069knighthaven2069 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    yep but then maintenance says it is not coming up until 10:30 PST which is in about 45 minutes
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Still another 45-ish minutes left for PC maintenance, at least according to the launcher.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • alpha#9002 alpha Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    where on earth does it say on the launcher its gona take another 45 mins? it only tells me it should have finished 20 mins ago
  • admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    I'm on PC and the luanch window clealry shows a 3.5 hour maintenance was scheduled. Not the time given by Ambassador. Either maintenance didn't get the memo or Ambassador made an oopsy.
    mine say's 10:30 Pacific standard time which is west coast united states which is now about 35 minutes from now.
    edited August 2018
    alpha#9002 wrote: »
    where on earth does it say on the launcher its gona take another 45 mins? it only tells me it should have finished 20 mins ago

Whoever put the UTC times on the launcher has screwed up. I just seen it. In UK PC maintenance will be over at 6.30pm NOT 5.30pm as the launcher states.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    From the little red banner on the launcher...
    We will be performing shard maintenance on August 16 from 7-10:30 AM Pacific (14:00-17:30 UTC). Please check the forums.

That would be 11:30am Mountain time, 12:30pm Central time and 1:30pm Eastern time. Granted, that's just for the US and I'm not about to go through the trouble of figuring it out for every other time zone.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    and it looks like they just ended early see you in game captains
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    Our PC maintenance is now complete. We'll let you know when console is up.
    All is good to go peeps IN THE GREEN
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    Xbox One maintenance is complete!
  • ara#6490 ara Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My concern here with this is the fact that I'm one of those people who started the Lohlunat Festival a little late. I managed to start earning vouchers for the Vorgon Dreadnought Cruiser Prize at exactly the right time, and as of last night I had 965 vouchers. This morning I would have earned my final 40 and claimed the ship, but unfortunately PS4 maintenance runs until 3 pm my time. 5 hours after the festival ends for me. Which means I'm getting screwed out of the ship. I know it wasn't their intention, obviously. But I'm feeling a little cheated that they decided to do this maintenance on the final morning of the festival. I've submitted a ticket already. But I'm a little worried here that I wasted a month trying to earn my first T6 ship. I really hope this will be addressed and made right.

Tyler Messer
    (A recent but loyal player)

"I know it wasn't their intention"
    The only way something like this happens is through intent, or through gross incompetence. Keeping in mind that this is Cryptic that we're talking about, a company with a reputation for mismanagement, lack of effort, and poor conduct toward players (in short, a reputation for doing things exactly like this), and there's really no reason to give any benefit of the doubt.

In any case, I've uninstalled the game as a result of the matter. As the hot mess state of the game (along with Cryptic's reputation) already indicates, sticking around will only ensure having to deal with similar events in the future.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind missing the tail end of risa too much if it meant I no longer need to go through half a dozen map transitions in order to use the rep system, a core game mechanic thats been borked for a while now.
    Our PS4 maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience and we'll see you in game!
This discussion has been closed.