test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there an alternative to the Cardasian Sci Dreadnought

pryor#5476 pryor Member Posts: 567 Arc User
I don't like Cardasian Ships, but the new Cardasian Science Dreadnought is impressive, with the correct gear, it would kill all.
I just want to know if there are any alternatives ( 7 weapon slot/Intel Sci ) to this ship with the same powers?
Discord: Pryor#2941

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Nothing in the C-Store. Closest matches are only in Promotion packs or lockboxes, in that they have 4/3 weapon layout Commander Sci, and at least a Lt. Comm that's hybrid Intel: Annorax, Paradox, Sona Collector, and Crossfield (though Crossfield lacks a hangar).
    Yeah, those should all be on the exchange.

PC side, Annorax and Sona Collector should be around 1 billion with the Infinity Promotion going on, Crossfield prices are all over the place last I looked around 600-700 Mil, but the next Infinity lockbox run should knock it down (note: Fed or Fed-allied only for this ship), Paradox Temporal Dreadnought should be down in price thanks to the Infinity Promotion going on flooding the system with Lobi.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    None of those are Intel Science Dreadnought, they are only Dreadnought.
    pryor#5476 wrote: »
    The Son's Collector fits my taste perfectly, as ugly as it is, I want it, I just can't get 1 billion EC........ CALCULATING.....
    1 lock box key sells for 4.5 mill......
    Need to sell 250 lock box keys to get it.....
    I can buy 20 keys for 2000 Zen
    2000 Zen =$20
    ...... $250 cost........ vs. CARDDI Dreadnought for $30...... bundle for $60
    Even though I don't like Cardasians....... it looks like I'm going to have to settle with that.

The Cardi ship is indeed the 'budget' option, and a pretty solid ship too. Do note that the consoles can be used on any ship, and each has a passive that reduces cooldown on certain type of BOff ability (Eng, Sci, and Tac), and an at least entertaining active ability, which makes the four-pack quite nice.
    lordgyor wrote: »
    None of those are Intel Science Dreadnought, they are only Dreadnought.

A good point, though I don't feel that the difference between a Intel Science Dreadnought with a Commander Intel and Sensor Drones, and a Science Dreadnought with 'just' a Lt. Comm Intel to be particularly large. Cloak is slightly bigger, but in the average PvE senario you're only going to cloak once, so not a big deal either, IMO (though the animation for Cardi cloaking is nice looking, though).
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Having a cloak never hurts in pvp
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    postinggum wrote: »
    Having a cloak never hurts in pvp

I found out the hard way..That Mines..Dont care about cloak...(PVPed to Mine layers)..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.