Retitled to head off arguments. — StarSword-C
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Official? [Citation needed]
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

Looks pretty matched up with the ones npcs wear.
  • sisko09sisko09 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Looks like i have some romulan uniforms to play around with
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    God I hate those uniforms. I wish they would come out with the Donatra uniform from Nemesis already.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    God I hate those uniforms. I wish they would come out with the Donatra uniform from Nemesis already.

While I don't hate the current uniforms I would like the Nemesis uniforms a whooole lot
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    While I absolutely think these uniforms are horrible, the work you put into making this guide is appreciated.

Nicely done.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    This is awesome!! Now. If you could get the uniform color guides for Kelvin Timeline and Harry Mudd. And the Discovery outfits, that would be great! Actually color guides for every outfit in game would be perfect.
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    Cool....prefer the 23rd century uniforms though. If only they would make the dress the Romulan Commander wore in "Enterprise Incident", that would be great.
  • sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    So it appears the Romulan Republic does in fact have a standard uniform. And one that appears to be influenced by Starfleet judging by the uniform colors. Interesting....
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

Where in the game have you seen romulan NPCs in blue or red uniforms? Romulan uniforms in the game are not color-coded. In any case that's not what I was asking anyway. Something is only official if it came from an official source, so I was asking if there is one.

As far as I know, the official color schemes for those uniforms are the ones you can apply in the tailor automatically.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    This is awesome!! Now. If you could get the uniform color guides for Kelvin Timeline and Harry Mudd. And the Discovery outfits, that would be great! Actually color guides for every outfit in game would be perfect.

There are Discovery uniforms here (colours subject to change when AoD is released):
    DLXpLUjXoAElGHK.jpg
    discovery_uniform_color_guide__flag_officer__by_taidyr-dbqup3y.jpg
    discovery_uniform_color_guide__medical_staff__by_taidyr-dbquput.jpg

reyan01 wrote: »

I don't hate them, but I prefer the Veteran/Dress uniform variant personally and wish that one had been made the standard:
    1200px-200dayreward_romulan.jpg

I don’t love them.. but still, it’s an improvement.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind the Romulan uniforms from DS9 and Voyager.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Dose anyone know of any Klingon uniform guides/official Klingon uniforms for 2410?
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Dose anyone know of any Klingon uniform guides/official Klingon uniforms for 2410?

I knocked these together years ago.
    15252470700_d931f4cc68_o.png

15252470500_aea8970751_o.png

15252613937_7e8beef42f_o.png

15252403109_8dacf5fc92_o.png

15435984861_3632724eb1_o.png

15252613377_9566da2bba_o.png

I've been planning on doing some fresh guides for all of the three main factions for the wiki for a while now but I still haven't finished the ship charts yet so first things first.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    > @warpangel said:
    >
    > Where in the game have you seen romulan NPCs in blue

Researcher Adama.

Not seen any red ones mind. Though I do colour code my own Romulans.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Cool....prefer the 23rd century uniforms though. If only they would make the dress the Romulan Commander wore in "Enterprise Incident", that would be great.

They did, it was added as part of LoR, it's part of the 23rd century Romulan uniform pack.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Go onto your romulan vessel interior and walk around. You'll see the colors on the crew.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

15252470700_d931f4cc68_o.png

15252470500_aea8970751_o.png

15252613937_7e8beef42f_o.png

15252403109_8dacf5fc92_o.png

15435984861_3632724eb1_o.png

15252613377_9566da2bba_o.png

I've been planning on doing some fresh guides for all of the three main factions for the wiki for a while now but I still haven't finished the ship charts yet so first things first.​​

nice but some small nick-picks... red back ground with dark colored npcs... not a good match especially with the added glare on my monitor. fed versions above looked better with the black/dark back ground... glare didnt cause any significant issues vs the kdf version. also font looks bad since it's so small and crowded. having it plain airal/verdana would be good.

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    tigeraries wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »

nice but some small nick-picks... red back ground with dark colored npcs... not a good match especially with the added glare on my monitor. fed versions above looked better with the black/dark back ground... glare didnt cause any significant issues vs the kdf version. also font looks bad since it's so small and crowded. having it plain airal/verdana would be good.

Yeah that's pretty much the feedback I got years ago. All I've done is repost them.
    I prefer the simple black and grey scheme anyway.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    These are great! Thanks for taking the time and effort to put them together.
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited August 2018

They did, it was added as part of LoR, it's part of the 23rd century Romulan uniform pack.

Not the uniform miniskirt....I know about that one....this dress.

main-qimg-f172896613c2c4ecff98a5f407445424-c

She looks good in it.

Not the uniform miniskirt....I know about that one....this dress.
    main-qimg-f172896613c2c4ecff98a5f407445424-c
    She looks good in it.
    Joanne Linville would have looked good wearing loose fitting denim. :p But yeah, that is one of several TOS outfits I'd like to have. It'd be a good addition to the "formal" category.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User

While I disagree with the first part...I would love to see them add the Nemesis uniform.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    I enjoy any player effort at costume guides. They have often been my starting point when I tinker in the Tailor. Adjusting a color shade here or there due to different vid cards or monitors.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Can I just say that I love everyone in this thread who's put in some hard work in making these colorguides to the uniforms. You're all awesome! <3
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    While I absolutely think these uniforms are horrible, the work you put into making this guide is appreciated.

Nicely done.

The work is appreciated, but i will not be wasting time to match those uniforms. Those whom are into Romulan RP might though.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    questerius wrote: »

Nicely done.

The work is appreciated, but i will not be wasting time to match those uniforms. Those whom are into Romulan RP might though.

Yeah, I never liked the design of the Romulan Uniforms. My Romulans wear either Omega Force or Klingon Honor Guard.. much better looking in my opinion. :smile:
    Hmm.. That just made me think about something... I rarely use it myself. I have 4 Romulan characters. Diaula has a "refugee from Hobus" theme and thus those of her boffs that I created costumes for aren't in Republic uniforms. Emani only has 2 that I customized and those aren't Republic uniforms, and are basically just... random whatever. I did actually make an effort to do uniforms on Soheth, but only for a few boffs. Zdakek also tends towards.... random stuff.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.