test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cross-faction Fleets, is it time?

attilio87attilio87 Member Posts: 264 Media Corps
It seems to be time for the faction walls to drop with fleets/armadas. Based on the story, all of our factions are currently allies. The Jem'Hadar and Romulan factions have full access to their ally's ships. There really is no reason for player created fleets & armadas to be divided. It actually hurts the game because players are being restricted, which is shocking considering how flexible this game is. After 8 years it might be time to revisit fleets and drop those faction walls.
attilio.png

Comments

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    YES, so much yes, our Fed fleet is now maxed out and our KDF fleet is like T2 and has been for years.

It is time....
    JtaDmwW.png
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • attilio87attilio87 Member Posts: 264 Media Corps
    Oh wow, I never thought of a cross faction bank. Although I guess if anyone can join any fleet the banks would instantly become cross faction. Either way, I think its very important.
    attilio.png
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    because of this "breaking old code issue" we always get new tabs/holdings and not improvement's on the old ones!!
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    no no no no . the way the devs are in this game already its far to lopsided towards the feds. if it was integrated fleets the KDF would be the ones to lose out . sure might get more members but the past has shown us it all just be for making more fed centric items and designs .
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

icsairguns wrote: »
    no no no no . the way the devs are in this game already its far to lopsided towards the feds. if it was integrated fleets the KDF would be the ones to lose out . sure might get more members but the past has shown us it all just be for making more fed centric items and designs .

That's not entirely true. The game is definitely Fed focused, but KDF would benefit from something like this. They would have access to resources from Fed players. Speaking of my fleet specifically, our KDF fleets would be able to complete holdings quicker because our Fed members would be able to help them, and vice-versa.
    attilio.png
    patrickngo wrote: »
    that's not how it works. Most Feds have a KDF alt-as a resource generator, this won't provide access to resource flow going the other way.

Why not? Is that just an assumption? I know from experience my members currently transfer resources between toons and across factions to help where needed. Rather than having to do that extra work, just contribute from the character directly because you're already in that fleet, or, even better, if you're in another fleet just use built in Armada features for contribution. At least a KDF fleet would be able to join a Fed Armada.

I fail to see how giving more characters access to contribute to more holdings is a negative.
    attilio.png