test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about Lobi Phaser Full Auto Rifle (Dsc)

antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
I'm trying to understand the math behind the Lobi Phaser Full Auto Rifle (Dsc) vs a standard Phaser Full Auto Rifle. I know the Primary Fire seems to be more constant. But can anybody tell me if it is a better Primary Fire? I feel like it's a better rifle. But don't know for sure. Thanks all.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    It's not bad, got my assault team all armed with them
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
      It's not bad, got my assault team all armed with them

Yes. But how much more dps is it compared to to the standard rifle.
    • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
      edited August 2018
      Unless it's changed since it first came out... consensus seemed to be it sucked. Someone actually got Cryptic to refund his lobi due to it's craptasticness. I bought one on Tribble Server and it was not good.
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      I have never used one, but everything I read says it's effectively a standard full auto phaser rifle. Nothing special and not worth using Lobi on.

Again, that is just what I read, I don't have one.
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
      I have one. The only real difference between the Discovery rifle and a standard is the variable primary fire.
      First shot fires once.
      Second shot fires twice.
      Third shot fires three times.

Then it cycles back to 1.

So it is 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3 and so on for primary fire.

Honestly I was expecting it to be like a Compression Bolt Rifle, maybe with a beam secondary since we saw it fire a beam in an episode of Discovery. I mean we have weapons that don't fit traditional roles for their type, for example the Bajoran phasers. A Split beam PISTOL and a Stun RIFLE. Types that pretty much do not exist with normal weapons. The only other autorifle that is different is the Delta Compression Rifle. Primary fire is a 4 shot autorifle burst, while the secondary varies based on expose status of target. Not Exposed = Wide Beam. Exposed = Mini Orbital Strike.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
      I bought one and it plain sucks, if you're not going to reengineer an existing crafted one to dmgx2 crtdx2 or dmgx4 or crtdx4 you might as well go for the Omega task force one, all superior to the discovery one. Plus other than a Crtdx4 wide angle phaser pistol I have I do tend to find phaser weapons to be kinda meh next to other weapon types. But that's prob just my perception.

Note I wish they'd remove those silly holograms off phaser weapons as well.
      maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
      reyan01 wrote: »
      Agree with other comments - for a weapon that LOOKS so (visually) awesome it is very lacklusture!

same thing here, I bought one by curiosity and i'm disappointed. It's a very great looking weapon, that's all. Currently used by one of my Farscape boff :p

undiscovered ground weapons are nice too and seem more efficient.
      The Undiscovered weapons have that Phaser Transfer proc rather than the standard Phaser stun. Ibelieve the Discovery rifle has no special proc so it's just the basic Phaser stun.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      Well I was hoping the primary fire mode (because it's timing is different). Would result in more dps. I notice I can move around more, because I'm not locked in place till the firing cycle is done. Unlike the standard rifle. I also could be wrong. But it seems I do have more "sustained" fire on one target. Which could mean more chances for procs to go off, as I'm hitting the target more. But I don't know if that's as usefull as potentially it could be?
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      rattler2 wrote: »
      The Undiscovered weapons have that Phaser Transfer proc rather than the standard Phaser stun. Ibelieve the Discovery rifle has no special proc so it's just the basic Phaser stun.
      I got one just because I was curious. AFAIK it actually has a slightly higher fire rate than a regular phaser rifle. So, yeah it fires less per burst, but fires more bursts? Also, I think a 1-round firing cycle is shorter than a 2-round cycle, and 2-round is shorter than 3-round cycle. Still not sure which actually does better DPS, but it's not as simple as having a bad firing cycle. Either way it's mainly useful for cosmetic reasons, and not particularly interesting otherwise.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
      Yea I'd have to agree that it might have a slightly higher DPS than a standard, but is not gonna be a must have. Unless you like to have a rifle that looks very tactical.
      Does look good with the Enterprise Era MACO outfit.
      Yea I'd have to agree that it might have a slightly higher DPS than a standard, but is not gonna be a must have. Unless you like to have a rifle that looks very tactical.
      https://youtu.be/2dUzZN6FSXs
      Just in case you wanted a copy of my research data on firing rates.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      edited August 2018
      https://youtu.be/2dUzZN6FSXs
      Just in case you wanted a copy of my research data on firing rates.

This is what I was looking for! Great. Thank you! Yes. It does look like the Lobi has a better firing cycle. It would be the best full-auto EXCEPT. You can't re-roll the mods. So your stuck with an inferior +6 CrtH mod. Which is the worst mod. If you could re-roll to CrtD or Dmg it would be worth the Lobi for sure. Too bad.
      Yeah, that's unfortunate. Bort mentioned that some things with special mods they've left like that for technical reasons. IE the reengineering interface chokes.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
      All "Phaser" lobi weapons aren't up to the price.

The only two lobi weapons who are really worth using are the Boolean Cannon (disruptor/re-engineering available) and the Advanced Herald Projector (antiproton, mediocre mods, but splash and base dps alongside with firing rate make it a great killer).
    • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
      I agree, I have one too. Looks great, works great, but the 'prefire' seems a bit slow.
      jKixCmJ.jpg
      "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
      Well, today's post-maintenance 4 day lobi sale should help with any lobi store purchase choice you make...
    • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
      I think we're gonna see alot of Boolean users and Advanced Herald Stick users... Which is an amazing improvement in the ground performance.
      casualsto wrote: »
      I think we're gonna see alot of Boolean users and Advanced Herald Stick users... Which is an amazing improvement in the ground performance.
      *runs around using a mk14 Radiant AP Full-Auto he got out of a rep box*
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
      The Type II Phaser Compression Pistol, the TWOK one, is pretty amazing. I'm surprised it seems to be so under-rated by the player base in general. At Epic and max level is just melts things without mercy.
      "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
    • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
      The proc on the secondary fire procs a lot, which is why it's so effective. Perhaps I just have a quirky set-up as with the Romulan Imperial Navy armor I wear makes secondary fire modes 50% more effective.

Also, am I the only one who likes the new Plasma Cutter from the Gamma Arc? I find that shockingly effective for a free weapon. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Corfeld_Mining_Plasma_Cutter
      "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
    • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
      vampeiyre wrote: »
      Also, am I the only one who likes the new Plasma Cutter from the Gamma Arc? I find that shockingly effective for a free weapon. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Corfeld_Mining_Plasma_Cutter
      Dunno about effectiveness but it's totally hilarious when a cutscene starts and the beam is still on splashing all over the place. Gun safety FTW. :D
    • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
      DPS is the same, it just shoots differently. But I bought the rifle because I like what it looks like.
      tmassx wrote: »
      DPS is the same, it just shoots differently. But I bought the rifle because I like what it looks like.

See. This should not be the case with Lobi weapons. They should be superior to all normal weapons is some way, because there so expensive. This seems like a bad move that Cryptic has gotten away with for too long.
    • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
      I bought it. Its meh
    • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
      tmassx wrote: »

See. This should not be the case with Lobi weapons. They should be superior to all normal weapons is some way, because there so expensive. This seems like a bad move that Cryptic has gotten away with for too long.
      I agree. Unfortunately, nothing in the game is noticeably superior to anything else. Not on purpose at least. The infamous "balance pass" was all about hammering down any nails that sticked out.

Picking your weapons based on looks is the way things go around here. Space Barbie is the true endgame.
      Well... another thing to consider is there really isn't a "pay2win" aspect in this game. Yea things get a bit easier if you drop a few bucks, but its not impossible to complete ANY content without doing so.

Well... maybe Korfez, but that one is borked all to hell anyways.

For the most part Lobi weapons, and even Lobi EV suits, are cosmetic and offer no real advantages over some of the gear you can get normally.

Usually its just a different flavor with a cool looking model.
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      I only got the rifles on all my assault team because they look military and not like toys (Which includes most phaser rifles apart from the Assault phaser rifles from the undiscovered lockbox)
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      This discussion has been closed.