test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boolean Cannon vs Herald Antiproton Beam Projector

billmorgan3billmorgan3 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Which is better in BHE, the Boolean Cannon or the Herald Antiproton Beam Projector?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Both are great weapons, the boolean is slower firing but packs a punch.. the herald chains to nearby mobs so stuff is already damaged when it's their time to die which is nice... for me I use the herald more than anything else.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I use the Omega Antiproton Autocarbine.
    I have since I picked it up back in 2012.
    Back it up with a TR-116B and you'll have no need for either of tem.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »

Far cheaper as well.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    They’re both great weapons and I don’t really like either one of them. I do have the Boolean Cannon and while it’s devistating damage wise, it can be tough to use because it fires so slow. I do have the kit module that recharges the secondary fire when you use the primary, so that’s nice. Use the kit module that pulls everyone together and kill them all with the secondary.. it can be fun, but it looks ridiculous and I feel silly using it. Same with the Herald Staff, I just won’t use it because it’s so silly looking.

I still just prefer an epic split beam rifle with 4 CrtD mods. Not as good, but more fun. I am not a big ground DPS’er though, I’m cool with that. I don’t like either of the ‘best’ weapons.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Obviously you have never used the Agony phaser split beam rifle.
    jade1280 wrote: »
    Obviously you have never used the Agony phaser split beam rifle.

I have not. What makes it so great? The hold proc?
  • billmorgan3billmorgan3 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Thanks for the good advice everyone. I am going to try the Herald Staff with the Graviton Juncture kit module.
  • kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Boolean Cannon is nice at a distance, does consistent damage, has knock back pretty much high chance, and disruptor based; so anything that affects your ground disruptor base damage is good. But yeah it fires so slow for the primary. I really only run it on my Lethean Klingon character for thematic reasons. Especially with Honor Guard Armor, as it fits about right (would probably be better on Gorn or Larger player character models....Space Barbie and all)

Herald might be better as long as the chain action is more flank damage. Good choice on the combo Grav Juncture Module possibly, so have fun.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I use the herald projector great weapon... also enjoy split beam rifles.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    the agony rifle is great. love the way it makes the bad guys squirm.
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Boolean+Paradox Bomb/Graviton Spike can prove a powerful control spike.

Herald advanced will outdo it in single target or consistent dps settings over multiple targets.

Herald performs better on tacs, Boolean on sci. But these are marginal differences.
    So with the Lobi sale today, I finally broke down and bought the Herald Beam Projector. I had lobi sitting around and I wanted to try it.. picked it up, used a couple Phoenix Kits to get it to Mark XV (Still just VR quality) and wow.. I can see why everyone likes it so much.

The Herald staff is nuts, even at VR rarity, I am just clearing hordes of enemies like nothing. The Boolean Cannon is powerful and all.. but the Herald Staff is just better IMO. They both look kinda silly, but the staff just performs better for me.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    So with the Lobi sale today, I finally broke down and bought the Herald Beam Projector. I had lobi sitting around and I wanted to try it.. picked it up, used a couple Phoenix Kits to get it to Mark XV (Still just VR quality) and wow.. I can see why everyone likes it so much.

The Herald staff is nuts, even at VR rarity, I am just clearing hordes of enemies like nothing. The Boolean Cannon is powerful and all.. but the Herald Staff is just better IMO. They both look kinda silly, but the staff just performs better for me.

The staff is designed for the no-brainer AoE. You don't even have to think to use it. Sort of falls in line with the over
    all of the no-brainer, no challene DPS oriented game play they have going.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »

is that the P90 looking one? I love it but the JH autorifle seems to do more damage for me
    Spock.jpg

This discussion has been closed.