test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Better Graphics

Can we get a graphics update, new textures, or just remake the whole game could be good to even if it took a few years, at lest Elite and Dangerous has the entire solar system made, and it takes days, real days to fly around from one side to another non stop. I like this game a lot, and the content that it provide, in the end I just want it to look better. I got on today and thought wow this is just sad.
To Explore or Not To Explore? That is the question..
Tagged:

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    No, that would kill the game and cause a lot of people to not be able to play it. Also, I play this game for the story and not the graphics. They just need to improve Lighting 2.0 and it will be fine. Finally, they need to make the UI better and more responsive and not lag-inducing.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    everybody wants it to look better and more up to date, but there are some problems involved with that too. They constantly improve textures btw. almost each month older hero ships get reskins and the newer releases have far superior textures than models from 2010. Better light effects were also implemented. Completely upgrading the engine both in polygone count and resolution is out of the picture. While it won't ever look like Star Citizen, I don't think games need the latest graphics to be fun.
    My only beef with the graphics is the overwhelming flashy effects of combat. They need to put a "tune down" option into the game...less is more in a cinematic sense.
    Go pro or go home