test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Man's Sky is finally out of Early Access

starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
No Man's Sky Next was released last week with a bunch of major changes to the game. Actual multiplayer instead of that pointless floating orb multiplayer. Actual character customization instead of being a faceless Traveller with the ability to choose from the 3 standard NMS alien races, a generic alien race that has a helmet covering the head, and a few new unique alien races. Possible character customization options are the heads of these images.

maxresdefault_373.jpgnull_8.jpg

Being able to build multiple bases almost anywhere on any planet and the ability to teleport to each base. Currently deleting a base keeps the base location on the teleport menu which can be annoying getting to the base you wanted to go to instead of a deleted base. Also, a ton of planets now have rings around them.

The crafting, resources, and technology systems have been completely reworked. Plutonium to charge up the Launch Thrusters no longer exist. Now you need to craft Starship Launch Fuel or use Uranium which is only found on Radioactive planets. Any previous technology is now Obsolete Technology which needs to be dismantled for Technology Modules. Most resources have more than one Tier. Iron no longer exists and was replaced by Ferrite Dust, Pure Ferrite, Magnetised Ferrite, and Rare Metal Element which each have their own use and can be refined to the next tier with a Portable Refiner or Refiner.

There is the Frigate system that is available to any player that owns a Freighter. A Freighter can be obtained for free by defending a Freighter from a bunch of pirates and the Freighter Captain will give the Freighter away for free. Of course, don't accept his deal if you already have a Freighter since it is an easy way to lose all your cargo on your current Freighter. The Frigate System is just like Duty Officer system except that you need to recruit Frigates with ingame currency by communicating with Frigates in Freighter groups, craft Frigate Fuel which requires a specific space resource and planetary resource, and repairing Frigates. Repairing Frigates is extremely awesome and tedious since you have to travel to and dock with a damaged Frigate and fix all the damaged components using resources by going to each damaged area on the Frigate. So each Frigate is an actual ship that you can enter instead of a trading card.

No Man's Sky is a completely different game from its disastrous launch.

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I did not realize it was still considered in Early Access. But I read it got some updates.
    Still not sure it's a game for me.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    I did not realize it was still considered in Early Access. But I read it got some updates.
    Still not sure it's a game for me.

It is a joke. No Man's Sky at launch felt like those Early Access games that currently saturate the market. So NMS was an extremely terrible game that just launched, but an extremely good Early Access game considering the amount free updates to the game which usually doesn't happen for games that have launched. Lots of video game companies are guilty of Day 1 DLC and any future content is through DLC not free updates.