test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lag

mauricio#0588 mauricio Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Hello everybody! I have struggle with sto game play, it keep lag. my laptop have 4gb of ram. before it was fine. why now? I even used razer cortex, didn't work, before it works.... what happen? I see my memory is 98% full. task manager says sto is using 2 GB of ram out of 4. i don't see any another that use half, because all rest of them are all under 20 mb. i counted and total is 1.38 gb of ram. should be fine!! something wrong with it. brand new!! hp 440 g5 7th gen. 14 " i got it as gift. so i need your help for me to find a way to avoid lag lag. graphic settings sliders both set on min. i am deaf so i turn all voice off and zero percents.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Answers

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    For task manager, did you show all processes not just the short list it shows at first?

Also, try sorting by RAM use, by CPU use, and by network use. You might have something like Windows Update that is using 90% of your CPU or your network and is causing lag that way.
  • Options
    Show all and only one program that use high is sto. Nothing else. I removed few things after you answer. I disabled automated updates while play game. I don’t see any that use more than 20 mb.
  • Options
    mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Could be ur internet is running slow
  • Options
    Download is 21 mb and upload is 27 mb. Is that slow?
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Well, my link speed Receive/Transmit is 150/120 Mbps.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    Wow fast. Well i guess I have to upgrade the ram. Thanks for big help. At least you tried. Thanks so much and cute cat lol
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Thanks. It's a meme I snitched. No harm carrying it in my sig, hoping one day they'll upgrade the Nove lol.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Download is 21 mb and upload is 27 mb. Is that slow?

My poor internet is 12 mbit down / 1 mbit up :(

Your internet should be fine unless something else besides Star Trek is using the connection, either on your PC or your phones, tablets, consoles, streaming devices.

You might try unplugging your modem / router, waiting 20 seconds, then plugging it back in again. I need to do that every couple of months with mine.

• Options
    Yeah I do that too. Thanks and that’s bad speed you have. =[
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Hello everybody! I have struggle with sto game play, it keep lag. my laptop have 4gb of ram. before it was fine. why now? I even used razer cortex, didn't work, before it works.... what happen? I see my memory is 98% full. task manager says sto is using 2 GB of ram out of 4. i don't see any another that use half, because all rest of them are all under 20 mb. i counted and total is 1.38 gb of ram. should be fine!! something wrong with it. brand new!! hp 440 g5 7th gen. 14 " i got it as gift. so i need your help for me to find a way to avoid lag lag. graphic settings sliders both set on min. i am deaf so i turn all voice off and zero percents.

To start with the latter, audio on/off will have almost zero effect on anything, as any computer built after the year 1800 will have audio on a dedicated chip. :p

If you have Windows 10, their SuperFetch may account for the high memory usage, and may not necessarily be an indication of something being wrong. You can always disable it, of course.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    And now, for a bit of levity :)

https://youtu.be/E-bIMxB4zA8?t=130

Guess Cryptic doesn't do time-indexes properly (what a bummer). It's at t=130
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.