test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discovery new character models and outfits?!

antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
With the new Discovery update later this fall. Will that mean we will get all brand new updated character models and outfits?!?! If so, that would be great. This would be a great chance to update all character models and fix costume glitches. Also add new clothes for everybody from Orions to Vulcans!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    We'll probably get new costume parts added to what we have already. We have these already:
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    We'll probably get new costume parts added to what we have already. We have these already:

Yes. But I want Andorian outfits. Tellarite outfits. Vulcan outfits. Orion outfits. Etc. You get the point. B)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Would be nice to get the Discovery uniforms touched up. Seems like most of the new outfits can't go pure white. You try, they just go grey. For example both the Mudd jacket and Discovery uniforms can't go white. While the Mudd jacket is just a personal thing (using it for a cosplay outfit that needs a white lab coat) , the Discovery uniform has a Medical variant that is pure white.
    P629_2.jpg
    We can't match that as is right now in game.

Another tweak would be to the Captain version.
    Fed_costumes_header_blue.png
    In game we get both inside and outside the shoulder stripes colored. I know its a bit of a nitpick but there are a few people who care about the little details.

And I wouldn't mind seeing this variant added too. More options are always a good thing.
    YnTXwBp.png

And overall... the metallic parts of the Discovery uniforms are kinda lackluster. In game they aren't as vibrant as they are on the show.

Show:
    VnD9y.jpg

in game:
    3a2f22e269aeb15fd07ec766971cb8cc1505508543.jpg

I don't know if its just my settings or not, but in game the metallic parts can get lost against the blue of the uniform if you go for a canon look. Especially going for science silver. Ops bronze is also a bit of an offender especially on the sides. The only one that seems to do alright is Command gold, but even that one suffers on the sides of the torso. That might just be a symptom of the game engine itself, but I wouldn't mind seeing it touched up a bit.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Definitely hoping we get the uniform we see Pike wearing in the trailer - Discovery style but with the traditional rank stripes on each sleeve.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Oh yes. That would be AWESOME! And those badges would be great on other uniforms too. If people want the old school TOS uniforms they could put the Discovery badge on it and it would look sweet.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Bound to be new uniforms. They gave away the initial uniforms, lets hope they are as generous with the new Enterprise variants, those look exceptional.
    SulMatuul.png
This discussion has been closed.