test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Online: Age of Discovery

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, Tier 6 Reputations may be of a similar nature to the XP needed to go from 60 to 65, just a cursory thing. Needed to add new items to the Reputation.

On the other hand, it may be as some suggested, a large amount of XP (say 60k), but unlocking T6 may unlock that Tier for that Reputation for the Account.

The nightmare scenario is 60k or so for each of the 12 (13) Reputations. The only thing worse would be them adding five new levels to each Crafting School to unlock new recipes.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    Thanks, but no thanks. And a double "no thanks" because of the fact that the hero ship is locked behind the gamble box, and one of the more recognizable vessels from the series is locked behind the Lobi paywall (costing more in time or money to obtain than a C-Store ship).

I was hoping to see more from Victory is Life, including some more love for the Cardassians. But I guess not.
  • Options
    commandertuvok12commandertuvok12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    To who this may concern,

I extremely dislike the idea of having this Tv show in this game, It's a really bad production that JJ's the TRIBBLE out of a tv show, the movies where bad enough. ( The new ones J J Abr. ) I fell that it's like canonizing a book from some fan fiction. It doesn't fell right and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The continuity errors and failure to be a fan invested show hurts a little and shows what the Tv shows true motives are. Star Trek was about pushing the boundaries of Tv and society; this new show is not doing that. This new show shows almost no other view besides the one wanted to be presented, and that's a liberal/left view. I don't want this game, in all it's glory to be besieged by this show.

To quote the #71 Rule of Acquisition - Knowledge equals profit. Knowing that many fans dislike the series and what it stands for please reconsider the release of this new content. In my honest opinion of Discovery it's a liberal reboot made to push and agenda and make money. The agenda that it pushes isn't like the Star Trek I knew and love, it doesn't push new ideas or boundaries, it pushes an idea, one single idea, a political and philosophical idea. I have not subscribed to CBS All Access to watch that, and now I don't want it brought into the game.

Sincerely a long time player,
    Dylan (With +1000 hours logged)
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Despite the Discovery debate. Hopefully they can update the character graphics and costumes in the game. And maybe Phasers could have different beam settings like in the shows? This is a great time to redo a lot of broken game designs. The end of holograms on weapons?!!? The great news is STO is growing after 8 years.
    Good points. For instance, Lighting 2.0 helps some things (like the Vedcrid bridge) and at the same time makes others look weird. As for holograms on phasers... I'm going to reiterate an idea I've brought up elsewhere: weapon model vanity slots, inspired by the vanity slots available for ships. This could be implemented as an extra tab with two sets of three slots (one for your character, the other set shared by all the boffs) - pistol (single/dual); longarm; heavy. Want your rifles to look like the Mk.I phaser rifles, no matter what they actually fire? No problem - snag one of those from somewhere, stick it in the longarm slot; done.

On this note, I'd love to see the pulsewaves held at the shoulder by default like all the other longarms.
  • Options
    rickywong#3975 rickywong Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    ibukee wrote: »
    NO , this is NOT Star Trek !
    Are you trying to drive half the playerbase off?! Because that's how you drive half the playerbase off.

Really? Some of us are actually quite excited about this and you certainly don't speak of behalf of "half of the playerbase".

And it IS Star Trek.

"The Orville" is more "Star Trek" than TRIBBLE is.
    Also, they did not even ELUDE to SPEAKING for half the player base. But I'd wager that they'll be reasonably correct in their educated guess.
    Lastly, the "some of us" that you refer to are most likely the overwhelming minority of Trek fans. There's a reason CBS put season 1 behind a paywall... so that only those who want to see it will pay for it. It's easy to make the appearance of good ratings that way - even if they're really not.
    You see, while you might not give much thought to or even care that much for consistency with Trek canon, most fans do. They've been this way for decades and CBS would have known this.
    This is why Discovery is the equivalent of taking a big dump from a great height on those that supported ST the franchise for many decades.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    WTF are you doing Cryptic. You really want to drive away a good half to 3 quarters of your player base, I'm sorry but when this is released I will be gone, I really wanted to get behind discovery I was so excited when I found out it was on UK Netflix. I even tried to keep a open mind even when I found the resemblance between the Kelvin universe. Then you had the whole spore drive rubbish and bad writing and when you fall asleep 3 times on the same episode at the same place you realise a show is not for you. And then there is the mirror universe story straight away in season 1, I could go on about it but truth to say is this show splits the player base and you will lose a lot of players when this discovery season is released. keep the TRIBBLE in a lockbox then the people whio want that TRIBBLE can get it and the ones that don't, can ignore it existance
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    YES, however I am sure you would love your Trek like this >

37840496_10156218775660358_1213097011490848768_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=0c44b007b373245b3660116f74e3cf51&oe=5BD713BA

This is the WEAKEST argument that keeps being tossed around by Discovery defenders. Being faithful to the classic, canon aesthetic does not mean going back to cardboard, or transistors. Star Trek was made in the 60s and used those things because that's what they had to work with, but they were obviously using their imaginations with most of it. Paper cutouts with pictures printed on them were used as computer monitors for example, but they were still supposed to be computer monitors. Today our technology is advanced enough that we can actually make those fake monitors REAL. For example, this was done on Star Trek Enterprise when the USS Defiant bridge was recreated. They made the the monitors above the stations actual monitors that were animated. Or look at this video here. That tricorder looks exactly like the classic tricorder, but modern tech makes that little screen REAL. It actually works!

You don't have to completely redesign EVERY aspect of the universe in order to update it.

d1Bhlgl.jpg

And the budget for TOS was quite small.
    Also, Classic Dr. Who had asmall budget, too....last over 25 years.

And like above, one does NOT need to redesign something to make it 'kewl'. To me, the TOS stuff was always my favorite.
    I always felt this guy did a good job with the original model and shopped it into the new stuff.
    https://www.theverge.com/2015/3/10/8185787/star-trek-original-enterprise-new-movies
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    bunansa wrote: »
    Honestly was hoping for actual exploration into the Gamma Quadrant. To quote Picard "Can anyone remember when we use to be explorers?"

As for which is better, Discovery or Orville, while I am desperately wanting an Orville lockbox, its a different universe. I for one do lean toward Orville, its just brighter on the whole, yes jokes aside it still feels more like trek in the spirit of it, while discovery honestly for me felt like the biggest doom and gloom yet.
    Yeppers.

I really never understood the doom and gloom fetish. o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Just a question: if Cryptic can’t use anything from a series or movies that some fans hate...what would be in this game?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    hunterpdx1hunterpdx1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Well, having more material to draw from, actors reprising their roles--Cryptic you have been awesome about this one--and probably financial support to keep making stuff are all good things. With CBS at it's helm and CBS at Cryptic's helm, having CBS lean on Cryptic to pimp its new show is a given. With that being said:

I refused to watch TRIBBLE following the pilot and a few episodes I managed to catch elsewhere. The first (and main) reason was the CBS paywall. CBS as a service just doesn't warrant it. I wouldn't care if it were a series that I absolutely loved being aired for the first time. I'm not doing it. Create a full and dynamic catalogue first and then start demanding premium pricing. The "spore drive"? Ugh. What are these beings claiming to be Klingons? Why make such a drastic change when it wasn't necessary? A very good argument can be made for having kept the TMP/TNG facial prosthetic aesthetic OR going with the DS9 swarthy human appearance from TOS. Not a great explanation but at least they tried. As for the characters, none of them are people I'd want to spend any time with except Tilly and Saru--especially the leads. Bachman makes me cringe. The show is so unrelentingly grim. It's depressing. If I want depressing and the uncertainty of sudden violent death with no meaning I'll watch "Game of Thrones" (hint: I stopped watching that show years ago). And I'm very, completely and totally done with prequels for the next hundred years or so. Cryptic you have your own Star Trek universe built over many years into the 25th Century and beyond. Build on that...on what happens NEXT. It's an awesome story (The Iconian War is my FAV!) If you somehow integrate the Discovery material into the current story's 25th century timeline (which I consider Prime) then maybe I'll consider shelling out $ for it as I did for The Gamma Quadrant. I have plenty to do without this exploring this expansion. I can't do another AoY expansion/retcon yet. No more time travel TRIBBLE that isn't already directly related to the time travel TRIBBLE we already have overflowing our plate. Give it at least another year, preferably two or three.

This happened. Then this other thing happened. Then this crazy thing undid the first thing, which undid the second thing, but afterwards another thing annulled the thing that just annulled the first thing but we have a new thing that will completely re-imagine the other things in a new and exciting way! And....and...

Stop. Please stop.

All the above are my own opinions are my own and should not be taken to reflect the views of other persons, organizations or entities who have their own opinions. In other words, if you love TRIBBLE, I won't hold it against you. Don't hold my distaste for the show against me.

• Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    The complainers in this thread are doing more to convince me to check the show out than a year of advertisements has done.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Just a question: if Cryptic can’t use anything from a series or movies that some fans hate...what would be in this game?
    Yeah, we're talking about a franchise where they once took a poll at a convention where the question was "What is your favorite Star Trek movie?" and somehow GALAXY QUEST won the poll! So yeah.... There's not many things from Star Trek that are universally liked.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Certain people in here (you know who you are) need to dial it back hard. Folks are free to express opinions in the positive or even the negative about this upcoming stuff. What we're not going to do is start flaming and attacking other users or even Cryptic themselves. If folks can't express their opinions, either affirmative or negative, in a respectful manor, then your post will be nuked.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    1.) No no no! We said we wanted more exploration in the game, not discovery.

2.) Ya got an error in your blog "Discovery era" should be "Discovery timeline".

Jury is still out on that one.
    3.) I guess this is why ViL is such a tiny Season?
    Huh, It was larger than the "Agents of Yesterday" expansion. (For better or worse it seems expansions the size of LoR or DR are a thing of the past for STO.
    4.) Season 1 of Star Trek: Discovery is now available on CBS All Access (paywall)
    Back in my day... TV shows were free and you paid for games! :|
    Man, you must be older than me (and I'm 55 and saw TOS first run on NBC); OR missed A LOT of non-antenna programming. I mean hell, I've been paying for cable since the mid 1980ies over 30+ years ago. ;)
    5.) I play 2 MMOS and have a hard time finding sufficient time for both, but if STO goes full on TRIBBLE stupid, it might make finding time easier. If you catch my meaning. :'(
    Bye.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    This is not going to go as well as you expect Cryptic.
  • Options
    cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    IF, and that is a very big if, TRIBBLE is just another part of STO this is no big deal. In other words, they release content and move on to better things like they did with the Lens Flare timeline, then meh and move on.

(Discussion of moderation removed. - BMR)

Cirran
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    leemwatson wrote: »
    Quotation of moderated statements redacted. — StarSword-C

Discovery IS CANON and it's Prime Timeline, whether you like it or not. CBS owns the IP, not you! I'm 43 (seen every series, film and most of the Fan flicks, so dare say I'm not a Trekkie........and I thought Discovery was great apart from the Spore drive. Take a look a the trailer for Season 2. You'll see TOS UNIFORMS and the Enterprise is clearly based of the Pilot TOS Episode. Just because Discovery has different uniforms and sensibly updated the visuals, it does not negate that it is Trek. The storyline was pretty decent and the characters were fantastic.

But.....I do not want to be exploring in the DISC era.....I want to explore, I mean really EXPLORE in our current timeline. This is what we've been asking for !

Sorry NO the TRIBBLE Enterprise is NOTHING like the TOS Pike Era Enterprise. Matt Jefferies design NEVER had swept wing pylons until the much later refit in STTMP. The Nacelles looked nothing like those at all they had spikes on the end of the Bussards and 16 ports in the aft cap on the nacelles and straight pylons no curve no sweep nice clean rectangular structures. This is well documented in numerous stills used by the National Air and Space Museum during the restoration of the Enterprise Studio model. In no way outside of the general layout is it canon to the Era and CBS knows this. Ever watch The Cage? It happened around the same time as Discovery. If anything Discovery is set in a paralell timeline to the events preceding TOS and to the time period of The Cage. Another case in point Tribbles unknown in the TOS timeline until Trouble with Tribbles as Dr. McCoy could find zero references to them in his data base hence his findings during the necropsy of the dead ones. Yet in the Discovery timeline they are alive and well on a federation ship and they have zero issues with thier unique reproduction ablities and eating habits. Then there is the use of a living creature to power the "spore drive" no sorry when animals were used by the Federation in the TOS universe it was always with respect to them (See Enterprise the series) and not torturing them. CBS has decieved far to many "fans" and has gotten them to buy into this distorted universe as being set in the mid timeperiod between Enterprise and TOS. If anything it is set in the KT timeline as the Klingons for one are more in line with those in the KT universe along with the Klingon ships. What a lot of fans who have been keeping Trek alive for over 50 years have issues with is being told we are stupid, haters, and worse. If that were the case there never would been TNG, Voyager, DS9 and hell even the three seasons of TOS and the animated series. For CBS to tell fandom who have been with Trek since day one we do not know Trek is both stupid and insulting. The very best thing CBS could do to heal the rift in Fandom is to come right out and say "TRIBBLE is set in the KT universe before the events in those films" or "TRIBBLE is set in an alternate universe and is unique to it's own universe."
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    It's funny, they add a landing page and get at least a dozen posts out of me, all negative.

Then they announce that for the very first time in STO’s history, they'll be updating the game in line with a currently airing Star Trek series and my first thought is...

"it's nice to see an 8 year old game still being actively developed and worked on by a team that seems passionate in doing the best they can".

I'll endeavor to find something to complain about soon, but not today.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    poseidolon wrote: »
    Hm, I suppose it was inevitable. Oh, well.

When the Discovery stuff is done, would you awfully mind fleshing out the Dominion to full characters, or at least altering the script in the Cardassian/Dominion arc to make sense as a Jem'hadar? I, for one, would appreciate it.

I would like to take a moment and point out that the script in the Cardassian struggle missions just before the 2800 mission chain is unchanged for a reason. That reason is that we're not going back in time to do the missions. What we are doing technically is going back and doing a mission simulator on a holodeck. The script is supposed to remain like that.
    I haven't seen TRIBBLE and don't plan to, but have they explained why the Klingons don't look like the Klingons we know and love? If it is prime timeline it seems a bit broke.

Officially, I don't think it's been addressed in universe, but out of universe, I chalk it up to the fact that they wanted a visual reboot. It could be a possible plot point though that STO could address if Discovery doesn't get to it.
    nimbull wrote: »
    Here's an idea, why not put the TRIBBLE stuff behind a paywall like CBS all access? In here it could be behind a Zen wall where to access the recruits and missions you have to pay Zen? To log in to that character you pay Zen? Lets keep this as accurate as possible if TRIBBLE is coming in. You could let the first mission be a free one though like CBS did with the episodes.

I noticed there were no KDF or Romulan TRIBBLE options in the announcement. Missed chance to encourage more competitive stuff/PvP if you keep this Fed only.

Well, the biggest reason we will never see them do stuff behind a paywall is because nothing for this game's story has EVER been behind a paywall since the game went free 2 play.

As for the KDF and Romulan Discovery options, there's probably Klingon discovery stuff coming. Romulan stuff though shouldn't exist though yet since we're about a good 10 years (with where the events of the Discovery STO stuff is going to take place) from Romulan contact again.
    The first expansion I won't be playing. TRIBBLE is a poorly written abomination that's trying to retcon 50 years of history from existence and it's infection of STO is tragic. I suppose I'll have to take a hiatus from the game when it comes out and return when something good is added.

I honestly do not see Discovery trying to retcon anything. If anything, Discovery is adding chapters to history we never explored yet in Star Trek. Furthermore, with Pike coming into Discovery, we're moving back towards established canon.
    awlaforge wrote: »
    Cryptic is practically bathing in Discovery kool aid so this was expected. This may be the only way I experience "Star Trek" Discovery though.

Declaring something "canon" as all involved with the travesty called Discovery have while ignoring pre-existing lore does not make it canon. The JJ verse is more canon than discovery. Oh -IMO, for the discovery fan club.

It's only right for STO's devs to be basking in the limelight of what's a new Trek series. The only trek we had prior to the game was the Kelvin Timeline movies. With the game licensed by CBS, it's really only fitting that they find a way to fit Discovery into a game that is supposed to encompass Star Trek's name.
    syphorean wrote: »
    This makes me glad I decided against a Lifetime Subscription because forcing TRIBBLE down our throats alienates half the users, the old users and real trek fans. We suffered the little bits of TRIBBLE and bad reboot movies thrown at us, I deleted every lockbox I could just so it was one less potential bit of garbage and I bought a crossfield just so I could do a video of me deleting it. FOr my next trick, make this garbage an option not the rebooted STO or watch a thousand long time supporters of STO delete it. I am sure Subnautica needs designers.

Honestly, I'm tired of people giving a definition on what exactly constitutes as a real star trek fan. If there's anything at all that Star Trek taught us, it's that there's infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations. Star Trek fans can be many different things. Would you consider me not to be a "real fan" for liking the Kelvin Timeline, every movie and series before the Kelvin Timeline and for liking Discovery? I consider myself to be a fan because I like Star Trek as a whole.

I'm sure that despite what you say and think, STO will continue moving into year 9 with its developers still working on it.
    Just don't do it. Discovery sucks and has no place in real trek.
    I won't purchase any discovery related content, and I hope the series gets canceled. It's poorly written, doesn't follow any canon at all, and generally sucks the big one.

I actually did purchase a bunch of Jem'Hadar stuff when I didn't think I was going to, because it picked up so many Star Trek alumni, and let us read about and play a lot of stuff that had already been established. Because I enjoyed the story so much, I bought the starter kit and the carrier ship. However, I won't have anything to do with discovery at all. You would be better off adding stuff from The Orville since it seems to be more 'Trek than Discovery is.

I honestly hope that show gets canceled.

It's honestly too late for you to really try to convince them not to do Discovery story content for the game when it's clearly already to a point it's ready to be released for bug testing to the public.

It's also funny that you want Discovery to get cancelled, despite work already being done on Season 2. For me, I'm honestly excited to see where they are planning to go with Discovery season 2, adding in Captain Pike whom hasn't had a lot of focus before now, being one of the oldest characters that has existed in canon.
    robeasom wrote: »
    WTF are you doing Cryptic. You really want to drive away a good half to 3 quarters of your player base, I'm sorry but when this is released I will be gone, I really wanted to get behind discovery I was so excited when I found out it was on UK Netflix. I even tried to keep a open mind even when I found the resemblance between the Kelvin universe. Then you had the whole spore drive rubbish and bad writing and when you fall asleep 3 times on the same episode at the same place you realise a show is not for you. And then there is the mirror universe story straight away in season 1, I could go on about it but truth to say is this show splits the player base and you will lose a lot of players when this discovery season is released. keep the **** in a lockbox then the people whio want that **** can get it and the ones that don't, can ignore it existance

Honestly, if Discovery isn't for you, then it isn't for you. However, I would like to address some points that you bring up about Discovery that they had already addressed before the season was over:

1. Spore Drive: Due to the way it works, they're essentially shelving the drive's use and going back to the conventional warp drive, so season 2 will not have anymore problems to deal with there.
    2. Mirror Universe being included: Most star trek series have at least had one episode that was devoted to the mirror universe, and Discovery spent a literal arc in the mirror universe, which featured canon connections to Enterprise with the discovery of the USS Defiant having crossed space and time.

I know the player base is divided over Discovery. However, given that it's already in development, there's only so much the player base can do about the decisions. Those that don't want anything to do with it, that's their choice. Those that do will do what they can to support the game. The devs do what they can to make people happy. They can't make everyone happy.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    daimonion13#5412 daimonion13 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    And that's the great "success" of Discovery: alienating big part of fanbase, dividing people, making conflicts... And destroying the universe, because you can't "redesign" classic TOS look - it's classic TOS look! JJ Abrams at least made his own timeline - I can hate his Treks, but they don't interefere with "my" Treks, so he respected classic series. Creators of Discovery obviously don't respect anything and they will continue that chainsaw massacre. And it's not only about visuals - it's much more, it's about the "spirit", the story, the characters, everything.
    I don't care about this expansion. Just hold it seperate from rest of the content. I don't want to hear Martok talking about T'Kuvma again. Never.
    Waiting for "The Orville Online"... They know, what we liked in Star Trek.
  • Options
    beefsupreme#3191 beefsupreme Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Pass. Not interested in anything related to that diaper pail of a show. I really hope this will be a minimal addition that I can pretend never happened.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    I'd rather not. My Jemm'Haddar is STILL stuck in a frustrating way, game crashes a lot since start of ViL, lost the "drive" to even grind the summer event non ship's currency, having still some Delta's 1st line job to finish and now more reputation level and a new questionable content.

P.S.
    Thanks for fixing the invalid skills issue (since last maintenance?), though.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Ok, setting aside whether this move is a good idea or not (in short i think its a bad idea, but not as bad as some of the doomsayers) this actually explains how stunted Victory is Life ended up. I'm willing to bet they had a lot more episodes and content planned for ViL, but then as they were producing it, they were told to give priority to this new idea to have it available in conjunction with the next season of DSC. Episodes and other plans, got truncated, combined and/or eliminated entirely, so that resources could be shifted to producing this new expansion in the time crunch. If this is the case then that is where ill be mad. I neither like nor hate DSC, but ViL had so much more potential that may have been stifled by this questionable endeavor
    The ending of VIL did feel quite forced... Not unlike the ending of ENT.
    I am wondering though, if we may be seeing a new STO coming, using DSC and KT timelines as a base...
  • Options
    salvation4salvation4 Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    No way..We need Q to snap his finguers to knock Discovery outta exsistance!!! STO has an abundance of story arcs that can come from the delta quad if they want to expand the quad from a row of a few sector blocks referencing Voyagers trip..

If they say this is not Kelvin Timeline can they prove it..Look at the glaring similarities between the KT Klingons and TRIBBLE Klingons..The Tech in both KT and TRIBBLE..

And if its mordrenisation of the franchise, then what would the TNG era look like then????
    Adrian-Uss Sovereign NCC-73811 (LVL 65 FED ENG) UR/E MKXV Fleet Intel Assault Cruiser (April 2012) (Main)
    Adu-Uss Firefox NCC-93425-F (LVL 65 FED AoY ENG) UR/VR MKXV Fleet Intel Assault Cruiser (July 2016)
    Jean-Uss Seratoga Ravenna (LVL 60 FED Delta ENG) UC/R MKVI Bajoran Escort (April 2018)
    Dubsa-RRW Mnaudh (LVL 50 FED allied ROM Delta ENG) Warbird (May 2018)
    Marop-IKS Orunthi (LVL 50 KNG Delta ENG) BoP (May 2018)
    Kanak'lan-TRIBBLE (LVL 65 DOM Gamma ENG) TRIBBLE (June 2018)
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    This is awfully risky of STO to do this.

On one hand, it would bring in the discovery fans and perhaps new ships from that era

On another, I really....dun wanna grind for an another tier. They really need to convince me to farm more marks again.

I just hope they know what they are doing.

Here's hoping.
    Yeah... Like the Nimtz Class...

https://startrekships.tumblr.com/image/170041249539