test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO: Age of Discovery - Excited YEAH/NAY

Comments

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    37841090_10156218793870358_5796188039604600832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=cd36dfad4c9b21eb8fb6ac8288df42bc&oe=5BCC9363

>:)>:)>:)>:)
    nope. not interested in JJ anything, and TRIBBLE other than being star trek's VD, is completely flavored by JJtrek, it has no respect for canon. I'll avoid it completely.. think I'll start a Sith on SWTOR

JtaDmwW.png
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »
    I just hope the forums don't get burned down by all the Disco hate.

Well... we survived the Enterprise hate, the Kelvin hate, and the Delta Rising Apocalypse.

True, we did. Hopefully we'll survive again.

Can't say I hate Disco, never watched it. So I'm ambivalent about it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • aries73321aries73321 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    37841090_10156218793870358_5796188039604600832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=cd36dfad4c9b21eb8fb6ac8288df42bc&oe=5BCC9363

nope. not interested in JJ anything, and TRIBBLE other than being star trek's VD, is completely flavored by JJtrek, it has no respect for canon. I'll avoid it completely.. think I'll start a Sith on SWTOR

That's hilarious!!! Love it!
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    New Content? Yes.

Discovery Content? Nope. (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    aries73321 wrote: »

That's hilarious!!! Love it!

It is one of my better meme's lol B):p:p:p:p
    JtaDmwW.png
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    I've seen most of Trek, but I only liked ToS, so I don't really give a damn about the hate since 1987.... what needs a lot of hate however is the additional mindless grind. I wish Cryptic would release this stuff at a slower pace. I keep making these new toons at every event, and I'm getting sick of maintaining all them. It's no longer fun, it's all work.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Let me just add, that if they were interested in coming out with relevant new content, why not make Axanar content be the next content patch?!
    > @the1tigglet said:
    > Let me just add, that if they were interested in coming out with relevant new content, why not make Axanar content be the next content patch?!

Because Axanar is not canon.

Also did you forget the lawsuit to stop that man.

Oh and next you'll be asking for unicorns
    JtaDmwW.png
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @jam3s1701 said:
    > > @the1tigglet said:
    > > Let me just add, that if they were interested in coming out with relevant new content, why not make Axanar content be the next content patch?!
    >
    > Because Axanar is not canon.
    >
    > Also did you forget the lawsuit to stop that man.
    >
    > Oh and next you'll be asking for unicorns

Sad part is Axanar was better than TRIBBLE. By a LONG shot.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    talonxv wrote: »
    > @jam3s1701 said:
    > > @the1tigglet said:
    > > Let me just add, that if they were interested in coming out with relevant new content, why not make Axanar content be the next content patch?!
    >
    >
    >

It's not sad at all, it was one man's egotiscal fan w**k

Oh and a way of fleecing money put of Trek fans.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    After the job they did on VIL, absolutely. Even if it is just a new tutorial and a couple of episodes (expect more down the pipe).

Less happy they released DSC ships, weapons and gear earlier that mostly won't be useable on era-specific new characters with possibly screen-correct effects and animations like the AOY ones, but I can live with that.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    Not really a Discovery fan because...

[
    ] CBS put it behind a pay wall and I never really watched it to gain any appreciation of it. Not paying extra for it either.
    ] Sounds like another Fed only mini faction. Where's the love for KDF?

Well, living in Canada would make watching it even tougher, if I were interested, which I am not.
    Kelvin timelne issues aside, the style of 'new' trek writing disaponts me, and this show definitely embraces such.

what worrys me (assuminjg I am even still playing when this arrives) is that this wil prompt cryptic to 'alter' the Klingopnms top match the new content. and I am sorry but the 'Discovery Klingons' justj aren't.

now of course there is a GOOD reason for that, licencing (the 'Imperial Klingon image isn't owned by CBS) but still surely there must have been other options than THIS!

Actually depending on your ISP watching it in Canada might be pretty easy, if you're a Shaw subscriber you get it for free
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    > @jam3s1701 said:
    > > @the1tigglet said:
    >
    >
    >

And if Alec "The Law Doesn't Apply to Me" Peters hadn't tried to illegally profit from it, you might be able to back up that statement.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    > @starswordc said:
    > talonxv wrote: »
    >
    > > @jam3s1701 said:
    > > > @the1tigglet said:
    > > > Let me just add, that if they were interested in coming out with relevant new content, why not make Axanar content be the next content patch?!
    > >
    > > Because Axanar is not canon.
    > >
    > > Also did you forget the lawsuit to stop that man.
    > >
    > > Oh and next you'll be asking for unicorns
    >
    > Sad part is Axanar was better than TRIBBLE. By a LONG shot.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And if Alec "The Law Doesn't Apply to Me" Peters hadn't tried to illegally profit from it, you might be able to back up that statement.

So much this. . . .
    JtaDmwW.png
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @starswordc said:
    >
    > > @jam3s1701 said:
    > > > @the1tigglet said:
    > > > Let me just add, that if they were interested in coming out with relevant new content, why not make Axanar content be the next content patch?!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And if Alec "The Law Doesn't Apply to Me" Peters hadn't tried to illegally profit from it, you might be able to back up that statement.

Hey I never said what he did was correct or lawful. What I said was he had a better product. Which if you ask me, is freaking sad.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    How many of you are excited for what's coming in the Discovery content coming up? Please explain if you care either way.

I'm cautiously optimistic, the same as I was for DSC itself. But I'm dreading moderating the flame wars.

(in Klingon voice) Bring the bloodwine, and we shall do battle together! We will meet their flames with the fires of K'almaH. Qa'plaH!
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator

OMG! Thank you. I needed that laugh. :lol:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > jam3s1701 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > OMG! Thank you. I needed that laugh. :lol:

You are very welcome ;)
    JtaDmwW.png
  • thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited July 2018

That's not any weirder than giant space tardigrades that fly around the galaxy on magic mushrooms ;)

And no I don't want TRIBBLE in the game, but we're getting it anyway. I hate that garbage series with every fiber of my being, so I won't be playing any TRIBBLE content in this game. Whenever they add something non-TRIBBLE related I'll check it out, but once the game becomes TRIBBLE focused I'll officially be on hiatus.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Personally I play STO because I wanted a continuation of Star Trek after Voyager, I didn't play STO just to go back in time around the TOS era or before it, I don't care for the other incarnations of Star Trek nor this nu-canon show which is supposed to take place before TOS.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I think the poll needs to be reworded:

-Yeah!

-I’m a hater who hates, and hate, hate, because hate.

-Not sure if I hate it. Please don’t call me a hater yet. I might merely not like the idea.

-No opinion. I didn’t say “Yeah,” so... ok, call me a hater if it makes you feel better about yourself. I probably hate something else, so that’s fine.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Will there be g*y characters?

If not, you always will have my comics. :)

As for myself, wonder what starting ship one will get, and will a new bridge set be seen?
    And hope we get to see some TOS stuff, not just Enterprise era looking stuffs.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    New Content? Yes.

Discovery Content? Nope. And here's why.

SJWs took over that production destroying everything in an attempt to make a political statement. Rather than actually write a meaningful IP affirming script, and rather than use the source material that already exists to make the show the best it can be, they decided to make it as ugly as possible. Not to revitalize the story, but to try to say it was not diverse enough, despite it being the most diverse scifi show ever created.

It's an ugly representation of what happens, when politics defines creativity. It's restricted then to ugly statements about modern times, most of which are false and easily dismissed with facts. They thought that by making it part of today's political climate they would make it controversial enough to bring in new viewers. When that failed, they shamefully tried to include the iconic ship the Enterprise to try to save the piece of garbage television they had so heavily invested in.

TRIBBLE is what you get when you have people who don't know or care about the source material. Nothing of Star Trek other than names and places existed in the show, there was nothing familiar about the IP in the show.

I mourn Star Trek TOS because TRIBBLE tried to kill it on television and possibly succeeded.

Seeing it in this game does NOT make this long time fan of all things Star Trek happy (except for TRIBBLE of course)

CBS should have picked up the fan fiction Axanar and made it a full production rather than putting together the trainwreck that is TRIBBLE.

d1Bhlgl.jpg
    Especially the TOS mourning and the Axaner bits.

Least we got Orville.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    > @starswordc said:
    >
    > > @jam3s1701 said:
    > > > @the1tigglet said:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hey I never said what he did was correct or lawful. What I said was he had a better product. Which if you ask me, is freaking sad.

Probably bruised egos on in CBS offices as well.
    CBS: Those NERDS can make better stuff than us?! How DARE they!? Release the law ninjas!

Also, I feel CBS should have take a page from George Lucas, for when he saw really good Star Wars fan stories and such, he gave those folks JOBS to work for him.

That is a win win.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

That's not any weirder than giant space tardigrades that fly around the galaxy on magic mushrooms ;)

And no I don't want TRIBBLE in the game, but we're getting it anyway. I hate that garbage series with every fiber of my being, so I won't be playing any TRIBBLE content in this game. Whenever they add something non-TRIBBLE related I'll check it out, but once the game becomes TRIBBLE focused I'll officially be on hiatus.

Yep, pretty much same.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    I'm glad there apparently won't be a content drought. But I wish it had been something else than TRIBBLE
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »

Bye now! Hope you enjoy playing with those Jedi :smile:

Trolling doesn't help in keeping the forums peaceful.

• oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    > @vetteguy904 said:
    > nope. not interested in JJ anything, and TRIBBLE other than being star trek's VD, is completely flavored by JJtrek, it has no respect for canon. I'll avoid it completely.. think I'll start a Sith on SWTOR

Good riddance, less complaining

And the CDF has been deployed........

He enjoys just as much the priviledge of expressing his views regarding the game as you do.
This discussion has been closed.