test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fresh out of GamePrint DryDock -- USS Independence

panicswitchedpanicswitched Member Posts: 26 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Ten Forward
So after waiting Many A Month, The Second of My 12inch Gameprint ships arrived! The First one still seems to be in production so I'll hopefully receive that soon.

Specs / Lore:
U.S.S. Independence
NX-41452
Guardian Class TestBed

The origins of the ship harken back to the Ambassador Class of the same name which was destroyed by Romulans in 2375. The name was reassigned to a Sovereign class vessel in the 2370's after which not much is known. I figured it was appropriate to apply the name to the Ambassador class successor. I used the Guardian class in game for a while and while it was flawed in many ways, I still found myself finding the design to be very elegant and functional. It seemed fitting to capture it as one of my prints!

Fresh in Packaging!
mP0CV2G.jpg

Unpacked and Mounted
XCJUUNU.jpg

Saucer Detail -- There are some flaws in the registry but I can fix that myself with some model paints
DGRVWaf.jpg

Rear Detail -- Camera Flash helped darken the background and show off the panel lining detail and window detail. I was surprised how much is actually printed into the model adding depth.
U17JIsu.jpg

From Below -- Again, the detail work on the deflector and under saucer look very nice.
4LPA4PV.jpg

Hand Painted Details -- Again since this is handpainted you can see the impact it has on the model. Up close some of the detail doesn't hold up. But overall I'm extremely satisfied with how well it came out (Definitely a few steps above what I could accomplish on the fine detail).
5sArTMm.jpg

Comments

• highadmiral#4915 highadmiral Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Pictures?
  • panicswitchedpanicswitched Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Pictures?

Yup, just updated my original post, accidentally hit enter before adding the rest.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Wow, that's gorgeous. Maybe I'll get myself some models for Christmas.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    If I had the money... I might get one of the Lexington.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I love the Guardian, looks great
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!