test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[RISA] 2018 Risa Lohlunat Festival - Discussion

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I have one of those. Not on the one I'm talking about. And yes, they do have a mind of their own.

This toon has a 50 favor mini powerboard and an enhanced floater. I don't enter these things to win, merely to Finish and get my two tags. I was quite surprised to be dead last and able to grab 12 tags.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I have one of those. Not on the one I'm talking about. And yes, they do have a mind of their own.

This toon has a 50 favor mini powerboard and an enhanced floater. I don't enter these things to win, merely to Finish and get my two tags. I was quite surprised to be dead last and able to grab 12 tags.

Two explanations here. Well three.

1) they all got DQ'd from activating their floater to soon.
    2) They missed one, or more, of the rings.
    3) They're looking for either the 2nd or 3rd place accolades.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    trennan wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »

Two explanations here. Well three.

1) they all got DQ'd from activating their floater to soon.
    2) They missed one, or more, of the rings.
    3) They're looking for either the 2nd or 3rd place accolades.

I thought about #1 and #2, but not number three. All are plausible. I've been DQ'd from activating my floater too soon, so I deactivate my powerboard before I activate my floater and haven't been DQ'd since.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    It is taking foooorrrrreeeeevvvvvaaaaa to collect Lohlunat favors this year!!!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    I wouldn't say forever, but it is taking a bit longer than it used to.

I do races/biathlons when they pop. I can get four through the artifact hunt and four through the horga'hn hunt. Then there's the dance-off. I also build sandcastles sometimes instead of racing. Also extra flying highs.

By playing four at a time and cycling through what's there, it's not too bad.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    I am cycling through about 4, also.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Feels basically the same as last year. Horgahn Hunts are the only event I've done for awhile now, they're every 1.5 hours, and they give me 500 favors (5 characters x superior floaters).
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Feels basically the same as last year. Horgahn Hunts are the only event I've done for awhile now, they're every 1.5 hours, and they give me 500 favors (5 characters x superior floaters).

Yeah, if I'm hardcore favor farming that's what I do. But, since the baseball uniforms are locked to just the uniform, and you can't break them down in to pieces. Meh... not need to favor farm that hard. I could do so to get kit mods for my alts. But, ehh.. with the time left on the event, I can do that, and still have time left over just to farm up some favors.

They really made this years summer event, not really worth doing. So all I do is log in, do my alt and doff/adm, do the monkey/bird thing on the characters I want to, and do a couple hours of favor farming. Then log out and go play something else.

I mean sure. I'm going for the ship. Overall, that's about the only reason to participate in it this year.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, it is too bad about that baseball uni. Named my Lethean after my Dad....the sports AND Star Trek fanatic in the family. But no sleeves, I won't buy it for him.

It is almost as if the people who put together the uniforms didn't consider all the incomplete aspects of all the different
    races in the game.

Either that or I am just an odd ball with a Lethean.

• Options
    daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    [comment removed by user]
    Post edited by daderganonumbers on
  • Options
    Am I dreaming or is my Jem'Hadar moving faster while under the influence of Ketracel White??? EVEN with floaters and power boards????

• Options
    That could be, they do get boosted by the white.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Hmmm...there is really no way to measure it. Oh well... BUT it might explain why I keep crashing into the stairs and walls on DS9.

I missed another race start because I got to reading other threads. I am too easily distracted these days.

• Options
    athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Server is down for maintenence so i'm gonna complain too. :D
    Cryptic thanks for completing the Vorgon set!! Woot! I really like the Vorgon look and style. Whoever designed them should be kept on board and have them do a Vorgon science ship. In fact the Vorgon Dreadnaught looks like a science ship rather than a dreadnaught with its bottom hull. Next year pls Risan Luxury Liner or Corvette!!

Also an idea for next season "We fix most of the bugs!", along with "Added hair styles for males and female characters!"
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    When we trade in our pets animals, can we PLEASE have the option for Gamma marks?

I dont think they will fix that if history the same year after year. I stopped grinding to get marks since not worth the time unless you are looking for the other reps which I'm not.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    For a while now, I have noticed a Female Reman in a pink Bikini wearing flower garlands. While labeled "vacationer" I can't help but think that she is actually Veril from Crateris.

This got me to thinking, since BOFFs do not join the player on Risa, nor can they wear swimwear, why not make them part of the scenery on Risa? At the dance party, they could be doing some of the dance emotes while showing off some of the swimwear and Risa specific clothing.

Obviously, the aforementioned Reman would be relabeled Veril, Elsa Flores could show up wearing the String Bikini, Tarsi could sport the Federation Rash Guard, K'Gan could be wearing the Red Board Shorts with the Aloha Hula Gorn Shirt, Toven Khev could show off green swim trunks, and Tolek (Khitomer Vulcan Science BOFF-https://sto.gamepedia.com/Science_Duty_Officer) could be wearing the Vulcan Logicians Baseball Uniform.

If they are scattered randomly around the Island, it could make for another lohant rewarding mission(maybe called "Relax and have fun-that's an order") where they player character goes all around to check in with them.
  • Options
    mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    It's an interesting idea and would make your crew seem more alive.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Adding them around would be a nice Easter egg.

I'm less sure about the scavenger hunt, just because I'm too lazy to memorize all of the fixed-named doffs I've received :) . Flores, Tarsi and Veril I remember and no one is ever allowed to escape Toven Kurland but the rest....
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    same as any map scroll with mouse wheel
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Why would you want to? Risa is already a fairly large map, for STO at least.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I still want Satra's jacket...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    That is just backdrop.

• Options
    Adding them around would be a nice Easter egg.

I'm less sure about the scavenger hunt, just because I'm too lazy to memorize all of the fixed-named doffs I've received :) . Flores, Tarsi and Veril I remember and no one is ever allowed to escape Toven Kurland but the rest....

IKR? That would be half the battle...trying to remember them all...across all the factions, too. LOL!

• Options
    I have not seen them expand a map in that way. Except, well, they did add the Snowconian Village and the Snow Borg Lanes to Winter Wonderland.....but that may have already been a section of the map that was not being used and got co-opted for other uses.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Why limit it to JUST BOffs? Could throw in a few other NPCs every once in a while. I mean if Picard can take a vacation on Risa... Why can't Kim, Nog, Kira, or even Bashir?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.