test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can’t find Pavyl

alexisvalarralexisvalarr Member Posts: 18 Arc User
I started Pavyl’s game before the lighting change and left it alone (obviously) for a long time. I completed the first round and have the Catch me if Toucan accolade.

Pavyl doesn’t seem to be appearing for me either in front of the hotel during the day (bonfires unlit) or under the rock arch at night (bonfires lit).

Can anyone help me with this?

Character name: S’ixela@alexisvalarr

Thanks

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Check to see if Pavyl is under the Arch...which is the next part of the game.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • alexisvalarralexisvalarr Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I did. No luck :(
    edited July 2018
    That was my best guess. Sorry.

I vaguely remember something about Pavyl being broken, previously....but did not pay attention to what was wrong, since I was done on on my character, years before. Maybe someone will be by who remembers the work around.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    OH... and here is why I remembered it: Fleet Leader was having problem-os....I hope there is some help in that thread.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1232046/bug-risa-master-relaxer-pavyls-game-accolades

edited July 2018
    Thanks for the link. Sounds like exactly what I’m dealing with.

I’ll try again tomorrow....
    Still no luck. No Pavyl on the beach or under the arch. :(
    Hmmmm.... This sounds like a continuation of the Pavyl problem my Fleet Leader had from last year! Because I looked through the Patch notes for June and July of 2017 and there was nothing about it getting fixed. And the last post in the thread, the guy said his was still broken in July...and probably too late to get fixed before Risa was over. :(

When I have a chance to catch him...I will ask my Fleet Leader if Drix ever got his Master Relaxer accolade at all.
    Meantime, I should probably go finish Pavyl on all my toons before he disappears!

I don't know if making up another ticket in game will do anything. But it may alert / remind Devs that it is still going on.

Thanks for all your help <3
    edited July 2018
    Hey! OK, I think I figured out part of what is going on with Pavyl. And it may be sort of fixed.

Check your accolades and see if "Master Relaxer" accolade is completed.
    If it is....that was the "fix" for Pavyl being turned off on your character.

If "Master Relaxer" is completed....that character should be able to buy the Very Rare Risan DOFFs from the DOFF Vendor at the Promenade.

Which was what the big hubbub was about in 2017.

++++++++++++++++

If you are a completionist and an accolade collector.....I do not know if that particular fix will allow you to pick up "Gorilla in Sixty Seconds" or the "Frog and the Furious" accolades. I should say: ON THAT CHARACTER.

Thanks for checking up on all that. I really appreciate it <3

It wasn’t complete a few days ago and I couldn’t but the doffs. I’ll check again next time I’m on...
    Not a problemo...working on them myself. I have 10 new characters get through all of the accolades this year, so I am just taking a closer look at it.

Yeah, I should have read your original post....I would have noticed your character never got done with "Ducks of Hazzard"...Pavyl's game 2, where you "find" him under the arches.

I noticed (and made a bug report) that my characters would get the "Master Relaxer" accolade after only doing 2 of Pavyl's games. And after seeing your post....and looking up my Fleet Leader's old bug report....thought it may be connected to the problem with Pavyl being stuck. I assume they figured more people could be pushed through and finish the main Risa accolade, if they lowered the requirements on stuck Pavyl.

But, obviously, not everyone got that far.

BTW....if you remember Pavyl used to use that Day/Night cycle on Risa. You would pick up his "quest" during the day on the beach...hunt for him at night. That day/night cycle went away last year with the lighting update. Effectively, breaking the game for people who did not complete it.

(Matter of fact, when you find Pavyl and the interact window pops up....it still shows him on a night background.)

I would try making an bug ticket in the game....and see if you can get someone who can reset Pavyl for you.

I am pretty sure they tried to fix it for as many people as possible with one shot (with change of the requirements), but knew they were going to end up with some players that were missed. And they would need manual reset of some kind. ??? Hopefully.

Maybe Kael can help. @ambassadorkael#6946 I don't know if he is back from vacation though.

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    it is always visually day time now... he is on the beach during normal working hours... when the bon fires are lit up he is out in the field. just keep porting to maps... if you see him on the beach go to a new map... if he is missing, then he is out there waiting for ya.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    The easiest way here. Know where the area is, and watch the torches, fire pits and such. When those light it's starting to become night.

So not really a bug here, since they intentionally broke the day/night cycle on Risa with Lighting 2.0. The broken lighting package they built for console, and adapted to PC. When he's at the area a Q, quest marker, will appear on the map for it. The only one of the four. it doesn't appear for, is the old meeting place. Which is the cave near Savok's camp.

Edit: Forum Langolears, begone!
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Thanks for the input. I’m able to keep track of “day” and “night” now and completed all 4 of Pavyl’s quests on an alt. Pavyl is still MIA on my main though. He’s supposed to be under the arches. I fly over their every time I see the torches lit and he’s never there.

He never appears on the beach at all, no matter what time it is.

Ill try making a bug ticket but I haven’t had any luck with those in the past. :/
  • hipposoft1701hipposoft1701 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I have exactly the same issue- started before the end of “night” and now cannot see him even when friends can. Bug report seems only option :'(
  • hipposoft1701hipposoft1701 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Response from PW:
    "Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

First off, I apologize that we're unable to respond sooner due to the high volume of tickets we're receiving. I understand that Pavyl can't be located using this character. Other players has brought the issue to our attention so rest assured that the development team has now been made aware of the issue. Please keep an eye out on the forum or News page regarding any updates.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
    Iora
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment"

Hmmm. Please everyone keep submitting the tickets!
    Thanks for the update. I submitted a ticket a couple days ago and it seems to have vanished. Tried to check on it’s status and it’s not showing up in the “check on my tickets” thing. :/.

Glad someone got through.
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Not sure this will help any, but I have found him in the cave at the end of that bridge/walkway.
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    kf4tvi wrote: »
    Not sure this will help any, but I have found him in the cave at the end of that bridge/walkway.

That's his first location, followed by the Arches, then the Tower, and then the grotto cave...

However, to the OP: Have you checked for him in the cave by the bridge? Maybe it's totally reset on you, and just not updated? Worth a shot, at least!

Oh, since it came up: they changed the 'Master Relaxer' accolade to only need the first 2 from him...however, since you're saying it's stuck on the second, that's why it wouldn't be completed. Did you checked the accolade (since it now says what you're missing!) to see if that section is actually complete, and it's something else you haven't done yet?
    I checked all 5 locations multiple times before starting this thread, although not since. Worth another look I suppose, although I’m starting to give up hope. :(
  • startrek6000startrek6000 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I also was not able to see Pavyl. This is my last quest for the master relaxer accolade. I looked in all his locations during day and night (as indicated by the lit torches). Even my other toons were able to locate Pavyl no problem but not my main character. Frustrating.

I submitted a request for GM help and they suggested I submit a ticket, which I haven't done yet but plan to. Oh well.
    Well, if any of you manage to get a hold of a GM and get Pavyl quest reset....please note it here.

I will pass it along to my Fleet Leader as he is having the same issue with a missing Pavyl since Day/Night cycle got removed. He needs that entire quest line reset one of his characters. Darn Pavyl is tied into so many other things on Risa...not sure if it is possible.

Just got a response from a GM. they passed along my information to the relevant parties and let me know they were aware of the issue.
  • geeringgeering Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I hope they can fix it because my main is having the same problem. Didn't find out about this a few days ago. I have been searching for him for ages now.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Really hoping this gets resolved with the update Thursday. The only character I really care about getting the VR Doffs on is my main who is the only one with whom I can't complete the accolade.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You may have to look around a bit under that Arch. If I recall, one of my Characters found him in a different location under there.

A couple of my Characters did get the VR Doffs (as well as the Rare), but those are on my more used Characters. Last year after unlocking it on two lesser used Characters I just decided to go the Rare route instead. Too costly for the VR. Like most of the Summer stuff anyway when compared to Winter. I usually run the Master Relaxer other times of the year when it is a better time to 'relax' away from the maddening crowd.

This year the Character running the 'Flying High' did the Horga'hn Hunt a total of three times. Just when that Event was active during the Voucher run.

I have the 'Future Flyer' unlocked for the Account, Characters that need Superior Floaters have them, others have the improved ones. The Boff Skills for the Summer are differently priced per level and start one level below that of the (same price all levels) Winter ones. I have about 20k Favors in the Bank anyway so I won't be grinding much at all this year.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • geeringgeering Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Sadly again nothing in the patch notes about Pavyl. Properly the last patch before the end so another year without being able to finish this on my main. :( Has anyone heard anything?