test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do not order the Gameprint ships! Pics included.

13»

Comments

• Options
    mikejf1220#5024 mikejf1220 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    YBWyACJ.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    .jsOsIYh.png
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lagomorphic#0794 lagomorphic Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    YBWyACJ.png
  • Options
    lordludicous#6518 lordludicous Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    YBWyACJ.png
  • Options
    panicswitchedpanicswitched Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    We'll see. I'm fairly certain the color will still be in line with what he originally got and the only thing that will really change with what he got will be the smoothness of the resin finish and the strength of the pylons.

Glad OP is getting a replacement though.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    We'll see. I'm fairly certain the color will still be in line with what he originally got and the only thing that will really change with what he got will be the smoothness of the resin finish and the strength of the pylons.

Glad OP is getting a replacement though.
    Pretty much this. As several people politely pointed out, SOME of the OP's complaints were valid but not all of them. I see no reason to believe the color will be any different the second time. The nacelle will probably be straight though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    It's great that the OP has received some vindication in the acknowledgement that there were issues with the model's production run. But the continued trolling comments that amount to "nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah" :tongue: are not productive, add nothing to the dialogue, and serve no purpose other than to stir up arguments. Stop.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    > @crashdragon said:
    > When I saw it I just said out loud " Oh...my....god. "
    >
    > Where's the quality control on this, because you didn't pay good money for a blind gamble to get for that bad joke. The decals seem ok. ( the only thing that does )
    >
    > But that model is shocking. Just look at those marks and lines, the warping....the colour IS dark, too dark. Heck, when I used to do Furry art work for others, I checked more then once to see if I get the right colours with those who I was doing it for. It's not hard to at least try to get it right. ( for them, maybe it is ).
    >
    > When I build something, I never let it go until I'm sure it's better then OK.
    >
    > This is like those frozen meals or a McDoanld's Big Mac, they look great as a product picture, until you open it and it's nothing like the picture.
    >
    > Any one who knows me will tell you that I think that good workmanship these day's is a sin that slows down a quick buck. Should be their motto.
    >
    >
    >
    > Edit : I take back what I said about the decals, after another look...............blurred and smudged. Terrible work. ( I didn't see your thumb and thought the photo was blurred, sorry, the model took all my attention. )

Yeah... They did admit that there was a production error with this batch. But I also haven't heard back from their customer support for days now... So I don't know how much I believe them.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    Gameprint has issued me a refund. So that's that.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Gameprint has issued me a refund. So that's that.
    Good to hear they did the right thing. Not all company's would do that so quick.

Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Not all companies...i.e. most actually...will give refunds on custom pieces.

I've been leaning towards trying to ask for a refund myself, in regards of the conversation here..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1239281/gameprint-3d-ship-model-thread-discussion/

Been waiting 3 months and 23 days and they've barely started working on it, also they never reply to most emails I send. When I do get a reply it's usually "We'll check back" then I don't hear anything, also the English skills presented in most of the emails I get are questionable.

• Options
    > @valoreah said:
    > @snowwolf To be fair, English is not the primary language of most of the world.

No, but it's a US company...
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    > @valoreah said:
    > @snowwolf To be fair, English is not the primary language of most of the world.

Their factory is apparently in Poland.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    > @starswordc said:
    > lexusk19 wrote: »
    >
    > > @valoreah said:
    > > @snowwolf To be fair, English is not the primary language of most of the world.
    >
    > No, but it's a US company...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Their factory is apparently in Poland.

Really? I googled the place in the emails they sent me and it was in California... In a really shady looking building in a wall. Lol
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    @snowwolf To be fair, English is not the primary language of most of the world.

I understand that. English is also my second language, but I feel that people who handle emails for a company that deal with international customers should be rather good.
  • Options
    ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
    starswordc wrote: »
    > @valoreah said:

Their factory is apparently in Poland.

Gameprint is part of Mixed Dimensions which operates out of Jordan in the Middle East. Gameprint and Mixed Dimensions share a lot of the same employees so they're probably the same company but with different label names depending on what service they're offering.

The California address and phone number is just so they can have a token presence in the U.S., most likely for business expediency reasons. Take a look at Mixed Dimensions' Twitter feed and you'll see it's pretty evident that they all work and live in Amman, Jordan. (For example, their most recent tweet is their CEO, who's also the CEO of Gameprint, at the office with the hashtag #Amman.)
    After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
    wbur87.jpg
    U.S.S. Tempest
  • Options
    panicswitchedpanicswitched Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    They've got some weirdness going on in the batching of ships for orders it looks like. I ordered 2 ships about a week a part from each other in March when they opened orders up. I was told I would receive 1 ship at the end of may and another 2 weeks later at the end of June.

I haven't received my first ship order (due May), but my second ship arrived the other day (and looks amazing).

I'm still waiting to hear back about my first ship which is still listed as "in Production"