test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Characters Stuck

mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
A previously-reported bug has returned. All of my characters are unable to transfer maps. Can't beam out, can't warp or transwarp. If I attempt to do so, the cutscene begins, but the transition doesn't take place, and my characters are then frozen. The game is unplayable until this is fixed.
e0M7OhA.png

Comments

• gingi101gingi101 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Considering it hasn't been updated in over a month I can see why.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    I have been having this issue on both Tribble and Redshirt. I have put in tickets for both, but still nothing is being done about it. Not even an acknowledgement of "yes we are aware of your problem". That the tickets are simply being closed without any contact with me is getting aggravating.
  • mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    davidwford wrote: »
    I have been having this issue on both Tribble and Redshirt. I have put in tickets for both, but still nothing is being done about it. Not even an acknowledgement of "yes we are aware of your problem". That the tickets are simply being closed without any contact with me is getting aggravating.

I figure at the moment, what with the current featured episode, the Summer Event ongoing, and the introduction of the Excelsior revamp, they're focusing all their attention on Holodeck at the moment. My hope is that once the featured episode is added to the logbook, they'll do so on Tribble as well, and we'll finally get an update.
    e0M7OhA.png
  • chkargh#2024 chkargh Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Same. And there is no Drantzuli Vedcrid Hive in the ship promotion. Only the another ships.
    mike03uc wrote: »
    A previously-reported bug has returned. All of my characters are unable to transfer maps. Can't beam out, can't warp or transwarp. If I attempt to do so, the cutscene begins, but the transition doesn't take place, and my characters are then frozen. The game is unplayable until this is fixed.

Qapla'!
    Same. And there is no Drantzuli Vedcrid Hive in the ship promotion. Only the another ships.

Well, the current featured episode is expiring, new content is coming, so hopefully any day now we'll finally get a much-needed update.
    e0M7OhA.png
  • gingi101gingi101 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Just spent 12000 ZEN on some ships I've wanted for ages yet I still am unable to test them as I can't get to tribble, very annoying!
  • crb2442crb2442 Member Posts: 31 Arc User

Having the same issue with all of my toons and same results with reporting the bug.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I've been thinking about what might cause this. It's odd that something could change on Holodeck that would break Tribble, considering that they run on entirely separate shards. I've been thinking about what they might share (besides the chat servers). What could cause a problem during map transitions? Could it be the patch servers? Remember this old bug?

On-demand patching cannot be disabled

What if Cryptic updated the patch servers in a way that's incompatible with the current Tribble client, and that's breaking the on-demand patching during map transitions?
    Post edited by frtoaster on
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • crb2442crb2442 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    It's not all map transitions, I was in sector space when I copied 1 of my toons over and was able to travel to Drozana, enter the zone around the station then transition aboard the station. after that I could not transport back to my ship. I leveled up the toon from the console then used the feature to transport me to Qo'noS at the transporter in First City but now can go nowhere else. This experience is pretty much the same on all my toons on Tribble at the moment.
    edited July 2018
    T
    Qapla'!
    Qapla'!

Well, the current featured episode is expiring, new content is coming, so hopefully any day now we'll finally get a much-needed update.

Thank you
    Qapla'!
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,451 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »
    I've been thinking about what might cause this. It's odd that something could change on Holodeck that would break Tribble, considering that they run on entirely separate shards. I've been thinking about what they might share (besides the chat servers). What could cause a problem during map transitions? Could it be the patch servers? Remember this old bug?

On-demand patching cannot be disabled[/old]

What if Cryptic updated the patch servers in a way that's incompatible with the current Tribble client, and that's breaking the on-demand patching during map transitions?

Yeah that on-demand patching remaining on, even though I disabled it, is annoying as all get out. Would be nice if that was put in the known issues section of the patch notes. It really needs to be fixed.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    Oh hosanna, the patch cometh!
    e0M7OhA.png
    Tribble is running properly again! By all the gods, someone heard!
    e0M7OhA.png
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Anyone know what this patch has done? Other than fixing this issue?
    Beyond that, looks like we got "Home", the summer event, and the Excelsior revamp. Other than that, not sure.
    e0M7OhA.png
    > @mike03uc said:
    > Beyond that, looks like we got "Home", the summer event, and the Excelsior revamp. Other than that, not sure.
    Yes me. I have a ship token from R&D Promotion Pack but there is not a Drantzuli Hive yet. Only till Tzenkethi. Where is the Drantzuli ship on Tribble???
    Qapla'!
    Addendum: Renegade's Regret is fixed.
    e0M7OhA.png