test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some doff Contacts/npcs on TOS Constitution sitting/clipped halfway through floor.

jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
edited July 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Just what the title says. Doff contacts/npcs on the TOS connie interior are clipped/sitting halfway through the floor. Not just the npcs who are doff contacts some npcs doff contacts and non-doff contacts alike are like this. Not all of them are like that and not all the doff contacts are like it.

Comments

• vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Please submit a ticket in game. Unfortunately, the chance of a DEV seeing this here is virtually nil.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Actually, the devs check this forum more often than not. That's why it's here.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I reported that over a year and again a few months ago ingame. Its still a problem. It affects all sitting NPCs excluding the bridge-crew (which recently got hit by a new bug).
  • borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    Yeah, I have same issue. Boffs and doffs are sitting half way through the floor. And I think this is not only on TOS connie bridge, but on some more bridges.
  • lx01#6115 lx01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    i see it all over the sitting places and i dont like it. somehow does not relate to many years old, used-to-be-subsciption based game. this kind of bugs are fixed very early in game development. seems someone is missing a stage of development. oh not to mention that its also a big franchise based title, not some random sci-fi stuff like ... i cant remember the name.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It's working as intended. At least it's the best we can get. The issue is several years old and so far it has mot been fixed. It was acknowledged by @tacofangs though: The issue is that NPCs can't sit on chairs, they have to get around that by playing a "sit" emote at the precise coordinates to let it look like the NPC sits on the chair. And these coordinates can be botched by a lot of things, causing the NPC to clip. Bit taco also said they don't have the time and resources to do anything about it which is unfortunate. I am worried we rather see bridges and ship interiors removed from the game before these glitches are fixed.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ward101#8752 ward101 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    hi got the same issues on Tos decks too. But how to resolve the issues
    is real hard and unknown so can't they fix that or do they.
  • polaronlover83#9202 polaronlover83 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Like folks have mentioned, the devs supposedly see both bug reports and forum posts. However, I feel they're obviously ignoring this ongoing issue (now 2023) to focus on what they believe is more a priority for income. :s
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,999 Arc User
    At some point in the past, the base floor level in all maps was lowered, which has led to this bug.
    It's not massively noticed due to actual floors or ground being present for our characters to walk on, but seated NPC's often sit relative to the 'new base floor' instead of the seat they are sitting on.

The 'new base floor' is also noticeable in the mission "Coliseum" as you now have to jump to make the interact button appear to escape through the sewer pipe in the Romulan Base, whereas you used to be able to just walk up to the pipe and the prompt to escape would just appear. Folks may notice that the floor level in that pool is definitely lower, necessitating the jump.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • renebrehmer#9819 renebrehmer Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    It could be solved by making the NPCs able to interact with the environment, which would in turn also allow for the rest of the game to feel more alive since NPCs currently are limited to stand around like robots or walk without a purpose. But that takes actual effort and time which Cryptic isn't willing to spend unless they can charge us for it