test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need help figuring out how a Fed Romulan can access New Romulus missions

I've about given up trying to figure out how to open up this set of missions. I'm completely stuck.

I'm 65th level.
The Romulan ambassador has no mission for me.
They're all grey in the mission journal.
I don't know what mission triggers the New Romulus missions, but I've gone through so many of the other missions and still nothing triggers it.

What is it that triggers these sets of missions. I've read on so many different boards that say so many different things, but every piece of advice has not worked. I can't start the New Romulus missions.
Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You simply need to progress in the story line through the 'Borg Advance' arc.

If you're stuck in your progression and can't take the next mission, see if you have missions available in the 'Yesterdays War' arc. If so, then once you finish those, it should open up the rest of your missions. Some people have said that talking to the Ambassador unlocks things so you can progress, this did not work for me. Only finishing Yesterdays War (4 missions) unlocked it for me.

There is a mission arc after Borg Advance called New Romulus Aid, that's what you need to get to.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I know what I need to get to. It just won't advance.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    They were broken the last time I was there on my Fed.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    I know what I need to get to. It just won't advance.

Have you completed the 'Yesterday's War' arc?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    Did you play "Empress Sela"? That mission was added post-LOR, it may have you blocked if you haven't played it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @starswordc said:
    > They were broken the last time I was there on my Fed.

I just played them on my Jem Hadar.

Me too, and I had the same issue as the OP.

Some people fixed it by talking to the Romulan Ambassador, but nothing worked for me until I played the 4 missions in 'Yesterday's War.'

Once I did that, everything unlocked and I finished them normally.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Are we talking about the New Rom ground stuff? If so, the story isn't required at all.

Get to level 50, go to ESD or DS9, talk to the Romulan Ambassador. Go have fun.

Since New Romulan ground exploration zone rewards marks, it's locked behind the level 50 wall.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    There is also a bug where you have to get Rom Rep to T1 to unlock that stuff.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    trennan wrote: »
    Are we talking about the New Rom ground stuff? If so, the story isn't required at all.

Get to level 50, go to ESD or DS9, talk to the Romulan Ambassador. Go have fun.

Since New Romulan ground exploration zone rewards marks, it's locked behind the level 50 wall.

This is why I had a problem completing it initially. I am sure you're trying to help, but that is simply wrong. It used to be locked behind the 50 wall, but now that it's in the main mission arc, that is no longer true. You cannot start these missions until you have completed through Borg Advance.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    For no apparent reason fed aligned romulans have to go to ESD to pick up the mission to go to their homeworld and act as cheap labour.

The unlocking of missions is a bit of a mess, some can be got via the journal and hailing others are locked because of the yesterdays war arc or the breadcrumb quests such as go to kobali prime. Dyson locks the entire delta grinding arc unless you use the transwarp from t1 rep and backtrack.

What I do with romulus now is wait until the rep is capped or about to be and head over to work through the menial tasks to save having to go back each tier.
    These missions are a mess. Most of the advice posted here did not work for me, but obviously it works or people wouldn’t be saying otherwise.

For whatever reason, it seems to differ per player, so best advice I can give the OP is try it all until you find something that works. I really just wish they would finally remove this cluster #$&* of a mission arc. Even when it works it still sucks out loud. :smiley:
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Thankfully, they didn't attach any reward for replaying the missions on my Jem'hadar. So, I see no reason to do so. I still have to play home on it. Thanks to mark farming early on, all my reps, except gamma are T5.

I do need to level my ship mastery on the carrier. I can tool around with that at my leisure though. Probably use it as my excuse to work on getting the 100 queue again. But once I have that, my Jem will be park in dil farming land, and mostly forgotten. Just like my AoY and DRs.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    trennan wrote: »
    Thankfully, they didn't attach any reward for replaying the missions on my Jem'hadar. So, I see no reason to do so. I still have to play home on it. Thanks to mark farming early on, all my reps, except gamma are T5.

I do need to level my ship mastery on the carrier. I can tool around with that at my leisure though. Probably use it as my excuse to work on getting the 100 queue again. But once I have that, my Jem will be park in dil farming land, and mostly forgotten. Just like my AoY and DRs.

I only had to do them because my Jem needed to finish T5 Rep.

The mission arc is actually fine, I just wish they would unbind it from the Reputation. It causes all kinds of problem and confusion. There is really no need to have these missions tied to each tier of Reputation when it's already a mission arc on it's own.

The whole thing is just silly, I suspect Cryptic agrees.. they just don't find it worth their while to fix it.
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Strangely enough, my solution ended up requiring me to go through Yesterday's War arc twice, and then it opened up. I have a ton of Romulan characters and tons of both Fed and Klingon. It's like the game plays a random game with each one of them as to whether or not it will open up New Romulus missions. And the reason this bothers me is that I love this arc of missions most of all the missions in the game.

(note: I know the mods like to close missions if they think it's been "solved" but this issue is so far from being solved. Serious attention needs to be paid to this, as you can see from the responses in this thread alone)
    Strangely enough, my solution ended up requiring me to go through Yesterday's War arc twice, and then it opened up.

You had to do it twice? That's a new one.

What happened when you completed Vogon Conclusions? Did the previous missions show as played? or was it like you never even did them? I have heard a few problems with this arc, but having to play an arc twice is a whole new additional problem.

I am glad you got it figured out, it never should have been this big of a pain though. Someone really needs to fix this arc.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    You simply need to progress in the story line through the 'Borg Advance' arc.

If you're stuck in your progression and can't take the next mission, see if you have missions available in the 'Yesterdays War' arc. If so, then once you finish those, it should open up the rest of your missions. Some people have said that talking to the Ambassador unlocks things so you can progress, this did not work for me. Only finishing Yesterdays War (4 missions) unlocked it for me.

There is a mission arc after Borg Advance called New Romulus Aid, that's what you need to get to.

Yeah, its a pain. You have to run though all the story missions (or skip?) till you get the Rom Ambassador calling you. I'm still debating if its worth doing on my new Jemmy. But there is a nice 50k Dil reward waiting at the end... so probably will after the Summer Event is done.