test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Activating a Floater is Immediate Grounds for Disqualification

humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
Twice in the Biathalon, I hit the ramp, activate my floater (mid air) and this: "Activating a Floater is Immediate Grounds for Disqualification" has something changed? or is it a bug?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Twice in the Biathalon, I hit the ramp, activate my floater (mid air) and this: "Activating a Floater is Immediate Grounds for Disqualification" has something changed? or is it a bug?

Could you have triggered your floater too early? I've played the biathlon three times and I always wait until after passing the last powerboard gate.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I've had it happen to me when I speed over to the ramp on my powerboard and activate my floater.

But if I deactivate my powerboard as soon as I pass the last gate on shore and then activate my floater, no disqualification.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Had it happen a couple of times myself since, like probably many others, I try to optimize my run. Normally it works well though.

I think the whole part could be slightly improved by adding two or three more checkpoints so you can't use the floater for shortcuts, and the problem would be solved, since floaters are slower than powerboards.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The biathlon is often dependent on latency whether you get dq'd or not and indeed like the winter race if you manage to do the stupid flag grab at the end.

Far too prone to false positives for it to be fun for me so I simply skip the racing.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Thanks. I'll try waiting for the system to take my board away first.

Really annoyed on the last run as I was in 1st place at the time (that doesn't happen very often) and I'd just got the 'I win' super floater.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    On the Biathlon, the quest update sound in very important to the change over. Which @postagepaid said is affected by lag. What you see on your screen, may not be what the server sees.
    Mm5NeXy.gif

Really annoyed on the last run as I was in 1st place at the time (that doesn't happen very often) and I'd just got the 'I win' super floater.

I don't wait for the game to take my board, As soon as I pass onto shore, I deactivate my board, then activate floater. Had no problems when I do that.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I don't really get why it disqualifies you for activating your floater early anyway. Floaters are so much slower than boards turning it on early only hurts your performance.

EditMonsterAppeasementText™
  • startrek6000startrek6000 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I keep rubber banding out of bounds due to lag. Frustrating. Otherwise the races are a blast. I love going to Risa!
    The races at Risa have a very generous boundary beyond the track markers. If you happen to venture beyond that, that's when you get disqualified. There is no time limit of getting back on track, just don't go beyond the invisible boundary.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Never happened to me because I don't and never have done the Biathlon.

Last year was the first time I did the Powerboard races. Had the Future Flyer. Always had a problem clicking the flags.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

I don't wait for the game to take my board, As soon as I pass onto shore, I deactivate my board, then activate floater. Had no problems when I do that.
    Yeah, just go to the end of the ramp on-shore. the actual trigger is going through the arch on the ground.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.