test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Deep Sea Fishing mini game for summer event!!!

Dear Devs,

Please make this a reality for the next summer event. Here is a few ideas:

1. Fishes can be traded in or kept as pet in a fish-tank inside the ship / fleet starbase.
2. Fishing lures/polls can be purchased like floaters.

Most of the events on Risa are getting boring. After a few summers, most of us dont even play/enjoy them anymore. However, I'm certain everyone will always enjoy fishing. I played a few mmos that had fishing. I would log on and chill and fish while enjoy a beer/drink even I didnt feel like grinding/playing the game.

If anyone likes this idea, please keep this post alive!!

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    The water is barely thigh deep all over Risa, so I don't know. Can't deep sea fish if the sea isn't even deep.

But some kind of fishing game, yeah, sounds fun.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I could support a new mini game for Risa - and fishing is as good an idea as any - if there were a few mechanics such as scaling rewards (not just first, second, third), no time gate (dancing), and no set start/end times so I could run over and do it whenever I had some time and didn't feel like doing powerboard, dance, or biathlon.

Assuming you mean for lohlnut favors. We don't really need more mark rewards beyond the monkeys and birds.
  • Options
    mrphister#9925 mrphister Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    i'd do this as well. dang, turns out that's all i do in far cry 5 now anyways.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    There is that area on the other side of the island from the resort...with a nice stretch of beach that nothing is going on with. Except one Flying High course. Oh and a couple of View Birds.

I did Ice Fishing during Simril on Never Winter...it's OK....but I rather dance or do a hunt.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I did Ice Fishing during Simril on Never Winter...it's OK....but I rather dance or do a hunt.

also it would be interesting if skeletons would pop up while you fish lol...
    and you could lure them on Pavel...
    good times.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    a hunt would be awesome.. something akin to catching pokemon. you need to find them, weaken them somehow and then attempt the capture
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »
    also it would be interesting if skeletons would pop up while you fish lol...
    and you could lure them on Pavel...good times.

Heck with Pavel.....smashing the Skeletons is the best part of the whole fishing game!!!!!

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin