test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a Good way to skip a 'episode' /'; story line?

karistasogare#3038 karistasogare Member Posts: 18 Arc User
finding a 'mission' difficult isn't great, but finding your toon effectively stuck in it is worse. this became such a problem that I changed toons, and resolved not to play that storyline/mission set. trouble is it keeps popping up despite my 'decline' each time. is there some method to avoid suchy (not participate in a given set of episodes)?

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Hit the 'Skip' button.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    There's a disable auto-hail somewhere in the settings iirc.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • karistasogare#3038 karistasogare Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    It is the storyline 'yesterday's war storyline, specifically 'the core of the matter'. I dislike 'time travel' episodes generally and out-right HATE anything involving the Doomsday Weapon. (the one incidence with a mad Klingon was bad enough, but to be forced to deal with it by Romulans is too much). the problem is, if 'dropped' your toon gets stuck as the next mission/episode set doesn't get triggered.
  • qandiceqandice Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    There are a few missiosn you can't skip. Usually the first in an arc but sometimes it's later on, these look to be considered 'critical story' missions which you need to play in order to understand something, even if you have played it many times before on different toons. I think Core of the Matter is also one of these Cryptic designated vital missions.

The Kobali Crisis set of missions is for me the most annoying of all for this. Not only do you have to complete them, on the ground, with half your BOFFS not available on a map which has a Gozer level of Vaadwar on it. You then find that the reason you go through them is dull and pointless. </mini-rant>
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It is the storyline 'yesterday's war storyline, specifically 'the core of the matter'. I dislike 'time travel' episodes generally and out-right HATE anything involving the Doomsday Weapon. (the one incidence with a mad Klingon was bad enough, but to be forced to deal with it by Romulans is too much). the problem is, if 'dropped' your toon gets stuck as the next mission/episode set doesn't get triggered.

Unfortunately, the missions in the 'Yesterdays War' arc cannot be skipped.

I have no idea why, but this appears to be intentional for some reason. Unfortunately, you're going to have to treat it like foul tasting medicine and just down it and get it over with. I don't really like that mission much either, but sadly.. they're going to make you do it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    The planet killer isn't so bad now, you don't fight it, you just stay out of its way after you activate some control thing near it (which doesn't work, of course), then just stay out of its way and fight off the Na'Kuhl.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • karistasogare#3038 karistasogare Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    thanks all, and dopnt worry, "rants" can be very entertaining
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Personally, I would very much like all of the battlezone content to be skippable once played through a first time on your whole account (I'm looking at you damned Kobali too). The storyline stuff in those aren't bad, but slogging through the battlezone stuff itself is pointless and bogs down my interest in going through that mess.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    I would like a button that just turns off all the mission requirements besides level. That way you can get around any bugged or problematic missions.