test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ST: TWOK NCC-1701 (Refit) Interior

fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
Although, we rarely spend time aboard our starships I still feel it would be nice to expand the interior options or at the very lease provide the proper interior for for certain starships we can own, such as the TWOK Constitution Class Refit. Here is a video rendering of what it could look-like when boarding one's own Constitution Class Refit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af7r1Ltp11I

Also to expand the interior usage, why not allow players to set a course to a destination and enter the interior of their starships while enroute. a popup notification can be give once the player has arrived at his/her destination.
image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01

Comments

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Whether used often or not, they are fluff that I am personally willing to pay for at a fair price. I think I own every ship interior that has been put in the C-Store. When PWE spends time on these interiors, they could also try making more use of them in future episodes. It is very rare that ship interiors are actually used in episodes.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Which interior? TMP, TWoK/TUC, or FF? Which bridge? All 6 films have different ones (or 5, TVH didn't feature one did it?).​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    artan42 wrote: »
    Which interior? TMP, TWoK/TUC, or FF? Which bridge? All 6 films have different ones (or 5, TVH didn't feature one did it?).​​

The thread title does mention, TWoK.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    That's the same as the TNG "battle bridge" isn't it?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    jcsww wrote: »
    Which interior? TMP, TWoK/TUC, or FF? Which bridge? All 6 films have different ones (or 5, TVH didn't feature one did it?).

The thread title does mention, TWoK.

It does but TWoK is also used to refer to the TOS films as a whole.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    The thing is, most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the different variants from the movies; especially since the same basic bridge was also used for not just the 1701 and 1701-A, but also for Grissom, Reliant and even Excelsior... (actually, Excelsior's variant is the one that I do remember personally, if only because of Sulu's little table on the bridge for his tea? coffee? seen in the opening of Undiscovered Country)...

Ironically enough, the Prometheus bridges (Blaze, Atlas, etc.) are fairly serviceable for a WoK-era bridge, they just need an appropriate interior to go with them (preferably one with a lounge/dining hall and a torpedo bay, maybe even the radiation chamber so players can RP and/or simply visit the sites of their favorite scenes from WoK, TUD, etc...)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    The thing is, most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the different variants from the movies; especially since the same basic bridge was also used for not just the 1701 and 1701-A, but also for Grissom, Reliant and even Excelsior... (actually, Excelsior's variant is the one that I do remember personally, if only because of Sulu's little table on the bridge for his tea? coffee? seen in the opening of Undiscovered Country)...

Ironically enough, the Prometheus bridges (Blaze, Atlas, etc.) are fairly serviceable for a WoK-era bridge, they just need an appropriate interior to go with them (preferably one with a lounge/dining hall and a torpedo bay, maybe even the radiation chamber so players can RP and/or simply visit the sites of their favorite scenes from WoK, TUD, etc...)

Wasn't that used for the Enterprise C bridge as well?
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Yep, it was the 1701-C's bridge too, if I remember right. Except for the Enterprise-D, just about every bridge we see in the movies or TNG is a redress of the Constitution refit bridge, even Stargazer, Sutherland, Hathaway, etc... From what I've read, the set was built like pie-slices so they could pull out stations and film from those angles, move them around to make different bridges, even the Captain's chair and helm/navigation/ops stations were made to be movable.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • contherad#1432 contherad Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    In terms of Connie Refit bridges I'm partial to the one from STVI:TUC, but really any of the Enterprise bridges from the 2280s-90s (ST I-VI) would be a welcome addition.
  • fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Although the bridges went through changes in the original crew movies, that does not mean the rest of the interior changed much, like Spock and Kirk's quarters. One interior for the Refitted Connie i like to see is this one tffhd0691.jpg
    image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01
    fliporican wrote: »
    Although the bridges went through changes in the original crew movies, that does not mean the rest of the interior changed much, like Spock and Kirk's quarters. One interior for the Refitted Connie i like to see is this one tffhd0691.jpg

Definitely! Good luck though. We still don't have the Battle Bridge for the Galaxy interior, which is still a big disappointment.
  • fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User

The Bridges of the Enterprise from the The Motion Picture to The Wrath of Khan to The Undiscovered Country were very different as illustrated below:

Enterprise Bridge (Refit) as seen on The Motion Picture (notice that the Science Station is directly behind the Captain's Chair)
    enterprise-refit-bridge.jpg
    movie_bridge_027b.jpg

Enterprise Bridge as seen on The Wrath of Khan (notice that the Science Station has been moved to the right of the Captain's chair)
    enterprise-refit-bridge-twok.jpg
    enterprise-bridge-stiii.jpg
    ef5710eaf51ce5990c881f4d6d010a49.jpg

Enterprise Bridge as seen on the The Voyage Home
    enterprise-a-bridge-tvh.jpg
    enterprise-bridge-stiv.jpg

Enterprise Bridge as seen on the The Final Frontier
    enterprise-a-bridge-finalfrontier.jpg
    ea-bridge1.jpg

Enterprise Bridge as seen on the The Undiscovered Country
    enterprise-a-bridge.jpg
    latest?cb=20100518023859&path-prefix=en

Bonus: Enterprise-B Bridge as seen on Generations
    fetch.php?cache=cache&media=scitech:asdb:excelsior_passerelle2.jpg
    640?cb=20100516221718&path-prefix=en

Bonus: Enterprise-C Bridge as seen on The Next Generation episode "Yesterday's Enterprise"

bridge-1701c.jpg
    798?cb=20150501212609

Yep, it was the 1701-C's bridge too, if I remember right. Except for the Enterprise-D, just about every bridge we see in the movies or TNG is a redress of the Constitution refit bridge, even Stargazer, Sutherland, Hathaway, etc... From what I've read, the set was built like pie-slices so they could pull out stations and film from those angles, move them around to make different bridges, even the Captain's chair and helm/navigation/ops stations were made to be movable.

Bonus: Enterprise-D Battle Bridge (As you can seen the Bridge of the Enterprise-C is very different than the Battle Bridge of the Enterprise-D)
    ed-battlebridge2.jpg
    battlebridge.jpg
    cast-battle-bridge.jpg
    battle-bridge-TNG-s1e1.png

• jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Yeah I too would also like to this the TOS Movie era bridges/interiors added for use on well any Fed ship especially to be intended to be used on ones like the Oberth, Miranda, Soyuz, Saratoga, Exelsior, Lakota, and Refit Constitution. As it is though the only bridges or bridge packs that come close to what the TOS movie era bridges look like is of course the TOS Constitution interior itself and the Prometheus bridge pack.
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    Now that I think about it here's some info on 23rd century movie era bridges y'all probably know this already, but here it is. When Voyager had to the Flashback episode with Sulu they had to rebuild from scratch more or less the Excelsior bridge which was reused and redressed as the Prometheus Bridge and then finally reused and redressed again for the Equinox bridge. I already mentioned the Prometheus bridge pack above so I use that one anyway in case I use the livery of the refit Constitution. So there it is. ;)
    I'm torn between the ST:V and ST:VI bridges. Both are fantastic and both look like excellent bridges (pun intended) between the older Discovery or Kelvin bridges and the newer TNG bridges.​​

#TASforSTO

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User

TVH did feature a slightly different bridge. It was a slightly redressed 1/2/3 bridge, with different lighting and consoles that were more like those in 5 and 6..
    I need a beer.

I would like to see them all! The more bridges and interiors, the better! I would gladly shell out a fair price for all 6 TOS movie bridges, if bundled with a BoP for the Fed's, just like in ST:IV. :D