Comments

• ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    ryan218 wrote: »
    *Casval answers his comm line*

Casval: Good of you to call, I am patching you through.

*He patches her through the comm line with everyone else. Present.*

Casval: Took your time with that. What happened?

Cassi: Dad's here.

*OOC: You do mean Mila right?*

Casval: *He pauses there for a moment, but does not say much of anything but a nod.*

Wade: How the hell did that happen?

Falli: In detail Mila...

*Mila explains things as best she can.*

Falli: It seems the Admiral was correct to be concerned, it would explain Malick to a degree. If he was around when he should have been war would have been averted or losses mitigated.

Casval: Mitigation is what I think, but it still would not have helped much. He is not all powerful, no one is.

Captain... He should resume his post.

Wade: I agree, though the question is what are we going to do. You know the Sphere Builders are building up and we can't leave this spot.

Casval: That is why I am suggesting we use a smaller team, the Federation is going to require every ship to fight them off. A smaller team also keeps chances of discovery low.

Rissa: He is quite right. This ship is going to be needed and I am sure the Admiral needs to recover.

Wade: Then it is deceided. We are going to call in a few favors. Get these people together.. We are going in. Mila, if your going to be coming inform both your parents and request leave.

Casval: Permission to speak plainly sir?

Wade: Granted Lt. what is it?

Casval: Are you sure my sister is going to be objective about this mission? We are going to capture Cassi and not kill her?

*OOC: I am running on the assumption that Casval and Mila did not part on good terms... But it does seem like a good point to show. At least how rough it has been for him.*

Mila *annoyed*: She almost killed James, Cas.

*Casval turns and she sees a hint of something cold, steel in his manner.*

Casval: That maybe sister... Though she is a fugitive from the Federation, she will stand trial for what she has done. After all we are not old west sheriffs, and we can't have loose cannons around on a sensitive mission. I am very aware of who got blown up sister, if you recall, I was the one that got shoved out of the way. She nearly got me too. This is not personal sister, strictly business...

*There was that cold steel look in his eye... something she had not seen before.*

Mila: I'm not going to kill her... I'm too angry to let her get off that easy...

Wade: Lt... that is enough. If she can make it here in time then she is going to take part. I trust she is going to keep her composure. As long as we are here, you two will learn to work together again understood?

Casval: Yes Sir.

Mila: Yes, Captain.

*About an hour later, Wade gets a message from Admiral Hargrove, patrolling the Tzenkethi Border with the Republic Home Fleet.*

*Wade brings a comm line open as he dismisses the LT. *

Wade: Admiral?

Hargrove: Captain, I understand you are preparing to launch an operation against the dissidents responsible for the Enterprise's bombing last year?
    westx211 wrote: »
    *Terry looks at the Tara's grouped there..*

Terry: I made a choice and now I am paying for it. Something I knew was coming. Just was not expecting to see this stuff back on me again.

Tara: How did you and Dani get it off last time?

Tara B: Its looking pretty bad.

*Terry looks at them debating whether he should tell them...*

Terry: I got them off by jumping into Angel Halo's firing mechanism, only way to get it to fire. It dispersed much more than them however.

*He feels around his cheek...*

Its not that bad... it was worse. Trust me it does get worse, people can't handle the massive information dump you get on contact. They get assimilated and turned into metallic crystals.

Tara A: If it's metallic, then isn't it not a crystal by def--?

Tara: Sis, shut up.
    Ruben: Is she supposed to be there?

Aide: She didn't say she was going anywhere - just that she didn't want to be disturbed...

Ruben: Hmm... are there any twilight signatures like someone ported recently?

*The Aide walks away from the screen and comes back a minute later.*

Aide: Actually, yeah.

Ruben: I know where she went. Thank you for your help. I'll make sure she's safe.

*The Aide looks confused, before nodding.*

Aide: Just get her back before security realise she's gone? I like my job...

Ruben: I'll do my best. *He nods and ends the call before using his powers to enter the Veil*

*He finds himself in the same illusion as Sam and James Jr.*

*James Jr.. jumps as he sees Ruben...*

James Jr: If your trying to calm me down it is not helping!

*He soon pops out of the area without realizing it. Sam begins to realize that this is not a typical case or power. Kinda seeing Q's point...*

*Before long James Jr.. finds himself in San Fransisco but not the ruined city he has heard about. It is bustling, but the technology is not what he knows... He stumbles through these whisps of people, and finds a news terminal... *

James Jr: 2409? What the hell?

OOC: PM me with what you're thinking here?
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    Ruben: Hmm... so Sam... why are you in the veil?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Tara B: Maybe he just meant the color? Like gold is a metallic color? *She's joking trying to lighten the mood.*
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User

Casval: *He pauses there for a moment, but does not say much of anything but a nod.*

Falli: It seems the Admiral was correct to be concerned, it would explain Malick to a degree. If he was around when he should have been war would have been averted or losses mitigated.

Casval: Mitigation is what I think, but it still would not have helped much. He is not all powerful, no one is.

Wade: I agree, though the question is what are we going to do. You know the Sphere Builders are building up and we can't leave this spot.

Casval: That is why I am suggesting we use a smaller team, the Federation is going to require every ship to fight them off. A smaller team also keeps chances of discovery low.

Rissa: He is quite right. This ship is going to be needed and I am sure the Admiral needs to recover.

Wade: Then it is deceided. We are going to call in a few favors. Get these people together.. We are going in. Mila, if your going to be coming inform both your parents and request leave.

Casval: Are you sure my sister is going to be objective about this mission? We are going to capture Cassi and not kill her?

*OOC: I am running on the assumption that Casval and Mila did not part on good terms... But it does seem like a good point to show. At least how rough it has been for him.*

Casval: That maybe sister... Though she is a fugitive from the Federation, she will stand trial for what she has done. After all we are not old west sheriffs, and we can't have loose cannons around on a sensitive mission. I am very aware of who got blown up sister, if you recall, I was the one that got shoved out of the way. She nearly got me too. This is not personal sister, strictly business...

*There was that cold steel look in his eye... something she had not seen before.*

Mila: I'm not going to kill her... I'm too angry to let her get off that easy...

Wade: Lt... that is enough. If she can make it here in time then she is going to take part. I trust she is going to keep her composure. As long as we are here, you two will learn to work together again understood?

*About an hour later, Wade gets a message from Admiral Hargrove, patrolling the Tzenkethi Border with the Republic Home Fleet.*

Hargrove: Captain, I understand you are preparing to launch an operation against the dissidents responsible for the Enterprise's bombing last year?

Wade: Yes sir... We have ample reason to believe they are hiding within ICA territory and down to the planet.
    Ruben: Is she supposed to be there?

Aide: She didn't say she was going anywhere - just that she didn't want to be disturbed...

Ruben: Hmm... are there any twilight signatures like someone ported recently?

*The Aide walks away from the screen and comes back a minute later.*

Aide: Actually, yeah.

Ruben: I know where she went. Thank you for your help. I'll make sure she's safe.

*The Aide looks confused, before nodding.*

Aide: Just get her back before security realise she's gone? I like my job...

Ruben: I'll do my best. *He nods and ends the call before using his powers to enter the Veil*

*He finds himself in the same illusion as Sam and James Jr.*

*James Jr.. jumps as he sees Ruben...*

James Jr: If your trying to calm me down it is not helping!

*He soon pops out of the area without realizing it. Sam begins to realize that this is not a typical case or power. Kinda seeing Q's point...*

*Before long James Jr.. finds himself in San Fransisco but not the ruined city he has heard about. It is bustling, but the technology is not what he knows... He stumbles through these whisps of people, and finds a news terminal... *

James Jr: 2409? What the hell?

OOC: PM me with what you're thinking here?

*OOC: Sure...*
    *Terry looks at the Tara's grouped there..*

Terry: I made a choice and now I am paying for it. Something I knew was coming. Just was not expecting to see this stuff back on me again.

Tara: How did you and Dani get it off last time?

Tara B: Its looking pretty bad.

*Terry looks at them debating whether he should tell them...*

Terry: I got them off by jumping into Angel Halo's firing mechanism, only way to get it to fire. It dispersed much more than them however.

*He feels around his cheek...*

Its not that bad... it was worse. Trust me it does get worse, people can't handle the massive information dump you get on contact. They get assimilated and turned into metallic crystals.

Tara A: If it's metallic, then isn't it not a crystal by def--?

Tara: Sis, shut up.

Terry: In shape perhaps, though the consistency is a bit more complex than you might suspect. I would not recommend you expose yourself to them either.
    Tara B: Maybe he just meant the color? Like gold is a metallic color? *She's joking trying to lighten the mood.*

*Terry Smirking lets some of the metallic substance come off. It slides across and onto the sickbay floor forming into a cloudy mineral shape much akin to quartz... but the color is still metallic looking. *

Terry: Kind of a joke I also would not touch it.

Sam: James' consciousness is trapped here from the explosion. I'm trying to help him get out.

*She tries to follow him.*

*Terry Smirking lets some of the metallic substance come off. It slides across and onto the sickbay floor forming into a cloudy mineral shape much akin to quartz... but the color is still metallic looking. *

Tara: At least you're okay.

Wade: Yes sir... We have ample reason to believe they are hiding within ICA territory and down to the planet.

Hargrove: I've just been informed that one of our officers has requested a leave of absence to assist.

You're aware, of course, that Cassandra Allen is wanted for activities in support of Free Delta here in the Republic as well as in the Federation. I've cleared this with your superiors, but I would appreciate it if you personally agreed to make this a joint operation. A Republic security team working alongside a Starfleet one. Then, the individuals behind this terrorist cell can be tried under Confederation Law for crimes against both our governments.

*OOC: It may also be that Hargrove can't really authorise Mila to take leave to participate in a Federation Op without the Federation formally requesting Republic assistance. He's genuine about wanting to wipe out the dissident cell though.*

Sam: James' consciousness is trapped here from the explosion. I'm trying to help him get out.

*OOC: Was not formally adopted kept her name just don't think I gave her one...*

*James Jr... Wanders through the streets trying to find someway out. Though he spots his common ancestor with someone much older and smoking... Arguing by the looks of it. Both are wearing Starfleet uniforms, but one is wearing one that does not seem to conform to what he knows of the period. He walks up trying to get a listen in. But the his ancestor leaves in a huff furious at the man. The smoking man, looks on with some sadness and peers down at a photo he keeps. Then sighs... *

Smoking man: Michelle... Why her?

*That is when James Jr. notices Sam pop in...*

Terry: For the moment... at least... *He is hiding something from them, he is seeing something as he speaks to them. Vision flash... Time flow was interrupted, but something about it was changed. Perhaps... Terry thinks to himself.. There is a way. *

Hargrove: I've just been informed that one of our officers has requested a leave of absence to assist.

You're aware, of course, that Cassandra Allen is wanted for activities in support of Free Delta here in the Republic as well as in the Federation. I've cleared this with your superiors, but I would appreciate it if you personally agreed to make this a joint operation. A Republic security team working alongside a Starfleet one. Then, the individuals behind this terrorist cell can be tried under Confederation Law for crimes against both our governments.

*OOC: It may also be that Hargrove can't really authorise Mila to take leave to participate in a Federation Op without the Federation formally requesting Republic assistance. He's genuine about wanting to wipe out the dissident cell though.*

*OOC: I figured as much. In a way Casval was correct. *

Wade: Very well. You might want to hurry though Admiral, this ship is being called in to deal with a Sphere Builder build up. Intelligence was caught by surprise, but you know those Temporal guys... They do not really talk about it.

*Falli is watching the build up in that particular area... *

Falli: Fascinating... Dangerously fascinating.

*OOC: Was not formally adopted kept her name just don't think I gave her one...*

*James Jr... Wanders through the streets trying to find someway out. Though he spots his common ancestor with someone much older and smoking... Arguing by the looks of it. Both are wearing Starfleet uniforms, but one is wearing one that does not seem to conform to what he knows of the period. He walks up trying to get a listen in. But the his ancestor leaves in a huff furious at the man. The smoking man, looks on with some sadness and peers down at a photo he keeps. Then sighs... *

Sam *whispering*: James? What is it.

Wade: Very well. You might want to hurry though Admiral, this ship is being called in to deal with a Sphere Builder build up. Intelligence was caught by surprise, but you know those Temporal guys... They do not really talk about it.

*Columbia. Dani is in the Security Operations Room with a Security Team for the operation: Weston, Mila, and two other security ensigns.*

Dani: I don't think I need to tell you how important these joint ops are. The Federation wants these dissidents alive if possible. Use lethal force only when absolutely necessary.

Similarly, these dissidents are partly responsible for Free Delta's armaments in the early stages of the rebellion. We want every last one of them either in custody, or on a slab. No one escapes.

*She looks at Weston, who's aware of the personal connection between Dani and the dissidents.*

No one.

Weston: Understood, Captain.

Dani: You'll leave immediately. Take Goliath-3 to the USS Enterprise's position and coordinate with them. What their Captain says goes. Any questions?

*The four officers shake their heads.*

Dismissed. *As they leave.* Mila, a minute?

*Mila stops and turns to her as the others leave. Dani walks over and gives her a concerned gaze.*

Are you sure you're up for this? I can send someone else...

Mila: This op is only happening because I asked to go, Mom...

Dani: I know...but if you've changed your mind...

*Mila pauses.*

Mila: What she did...she didn't just betray me; she didn't just betray Starfleet; she betrayed everyone. She played me like a damn idiot! And James almost died because of her!

I want her. I want to find her. I want her to fight back. I want to knock her out, drag her back, and watch her spend the rest of her miserable, rotten life in a military prison.

But I can keep it under control. I don't care what Casval thinks, this isn't about revenge. I just want to know she isn't going to get away with what she did.

*Dani sighs.*

Mom--

Dani: It's not you, it's... I still can't believe we're talking about Cassi. She was as much a daughter to me as you are.

Alright. Just promise you'll stay safe, okay?

Mila: I will.

*They share a brief hug, before Mila leaves to join the away team. Within 6 hours, they arrive at the Enterprise's position.*

Weston: U.S.S. Enterprise, this is Lieutenant Commander Weston, Republic Naval Forces. We're here to talk part in joint operations.

Terry: For the moment... at least... *He is hiding something from them, he is seeing something as he speaks to them. Vision flash... Time flow was interrupted, but something about it was changed. Perhaps... Terry thinks to himself.. There is a way. *

Tara A: Terry...why are you blocking me?

*Tara looks at her, surprised.*
    *Johanna curls up on her bed wondering what's going on*

Ruben: You should probably have asked me you know I specialize in the mind. Though I'm not sure I can forcibly extract a mind from the veil. If I did it would probably damage them.
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Ooc: will post when I get home
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    USS Cairo
    Janeway suts in his ready room reading over intel reports on his padd.

Janeway: looks like things are going to be getting heated soon.

He taps a control on his console.

Janeway: bridge what’s the status of the border scan?

Ensign: all is quite sir. Not activity other then a few small patrols.

Janeway: good keep me posted if anything changes.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    Gate command

Hammond: make sure they gate shield is kept on till we receive the correct codes from anyone wanting to come through

ODST: yes sir general.

Hammond: Hammond to Sheridan

Sheridan: I read you general.

Hammond: well admiral how do you like the ship.

Sheridan: I can’t believe they got here alrready. It’s smaller then I’m used to but she seems like she can deal it out and take it as well.

Hammond: good to hear. Everything is secure here. They try to use this location it’s not going to be easy.

Sheridan: good to hear. I’m getting ready to take a battle group and look for their base.

Meanwhile

An unnamed world on the front of the galaxy.

Carter is watching a news feed as he sips at his drink.

Carter: well things are starting to take shape it would seem.

Ch’rell: are things still going as planned.

Carter: of course they are. Though recent events may complicate things everything is going to work out just fine.

*Columbia. Dani is in the Security Operations Room with a Security Team for the operation: Weston, Mila, and two other security ensigns.*

Dani: I don't think I need to tell you how important these joint ops are. The Federation wants these dissidents alive if possible. Use lethal force only when absolutely necessary.

Similarly, these dissidents are partly responsible for Free Delta's armaments in the early stages of the rebellion. We want every last one of them either in custody, or on a slab. No one escapes.

*She looks at Weston, who's aware of the personal connection between Dani and the dissidents.*

No one.

Weston: Understood, Captain.

Dani: You'll leave immediately. Take Goliath-3 to the USS Enterprise's position and coordinate with them. What their Captain says goes. Any questions?

*The four officers shake their heads.*

Dismissed. *As they leave.* Mila, a minute?

*Mila stops and turns to her as the others leave. Dani walks over and gives her a concerned gaze.*

Are you sure you're up for this? I can send someone else...

Mila: This op is only happening because I asked to go, Mom...

Dani: I know...but if you've changed your mind...

*Mila pauses.*

Mila: What she did...she didn't just betray me; she didn't just betray Starfleet; she betrayed everyone. She played me like a damn idiot! And James almost died because of her!

I want her. I want to find her. I want her to fight back. I want to knock her out, drag her back, and watch her spend the rest of her miserable, rotten life in a military prison.

But I can keep it under control. I don't care what Casval thinks, this isn't about revenge. I just want to know she isn't going to get away with what she did.

*Dani sighs.*

Mom--

Dani: It's not you, it's... I still can't believe we're talking about Cassi. She was as much a daughter to me as you are.

Alright. Just promise you'll stay safe, okay?

Mila: I will.

*They share a brief hug, before Mila leaves to join the away team. Within 6 hours, they arrive at the Enterprise's position.*

Weston: U.S.S. Enterprise, this is Lieutenant Commander Weston, Republic Naval Forces. We're here to talk part in joint operations.

*Wade sitting in the Captain's chair on the bridge about to assign a temporary Captain... While he heads off on the mission at hand. *

Wade: Commander Weston, good of you to come. Shuttle bay 1, is open we will be departing shortly.

Jester: Republic shuttle I have you on IFF proceed to the shuttle bay and welcome aboard.

*On the outside the Enterprise has changed very little in a year, but the faint feeling is that things have changed a lot inside at least to Mila. From faint traces... at least... The warmth was gone...*

*On the Bridge*

Wade: Dax... The away team is going to be away, in the mean time acting Captain... Keep the ship intact please? I don't want the Admiral coming back or myself to find the ship in pieces. Is that clear?

Sam *whispering*: James? What is it.

James Jr: I know the guy with that smoking man was a common ancestor of mine. Saw images of his bust at what was Starfleet Academy... The man that was with him... That was not his father, at least that is as far as I know. Who is he?

Tara A: Terry...why are you blocking me?

*Tara looks at her, surprised.*

Terry: *Looking at Tara A... and the other one...* I need you two to know something. Just you two...

*He looks at the others.*
    *Skull and Spider watch the current goings on, on the border of UNSC space and then along the Republic and the smaller powers.*

Spider: I wonder if they know who or what you are old friend..

Skull: That hardly matters now, plans are in motion, and these dissidents are still perhaps valuable to a point. Perhaps...

Spider: Perhaps, though the fight in UNSC space should continue soon. I know you delievered the package.

Skull: I did. If I know the Colonel the peace talks are going to be an interesting spectacle to behold. I do wonder what the Federation will do if things continue as they are.

Spider: I would not worry much, The Federation has been rather impressive in bouncing back from damage like that. Besides Malick had his uses, and he was a fool. By the way... How is little Casval hmm?

Skull: He is well, restoring our proper ranks will keep the plan and work going into the next century if need be. Has the project been announced?

Spider: You mean the Dyson Project? I am sure the Confederation summit is going to announce it in a few weeks. The Federation proposal was not hard to get Romulan backing, The Republic however, is going to be a hard sell.

Skull: Sam isn't it?

Spider: The woman has been a thorn in our side for quite a long time.

Skull: For now maybe. Though she may be of some use.
    Ooc: do you want to pm me about he vial the colonel received so I know how to have it affect it’s target.
    Osman: alright everyone. We have a lot to do and not a lot of time. Keep me posted if you find anything. I’ll do the same.

Coulson: understood.

Coulson and Bridger get up as they leave. After they are gone her door chimes again.

Osman: enter.

Carter: well it seems you have been busy.

Osman looks up in shock as she reaches for her side arm.

Carter: please relax. If I wanted to kill you we wouldn’t be having this talk. I’m here to give you something.

Osman: why would you want to help me.

Carter: oh I don’t want to believe me. But a certain mans return and recent actions threaten my goals and plans. I need to level the playing field.

Osman: I don’t like where this is going.

Carter: I also don’t trust many others. Here is a list of the rebels in unsc space here that plan on attacking to try to keep the peace talks from sticking. A certain rival of my own has given them some nasty items that means they need to be dealt with quickly.

Osman: what kind of items.

Carter: now now that’s not how the game is played director. All you need to know is that if these items got out they could have a devestating effect on many people.

Osman: that’s not a lot of help.

Carter: I’ve given you the start you have to finish the puzzle. Good day director.
    logang19 wrote: »
    Osman: alright everyone. We have a lot to do and not a lot of time. Keep me posted if you find anything. I’ll do the same.

Coulson: understood.

Coulson and Bridger get up as they leave. After they are gone her door chimes again.

Osman: enter.

Carter: well it seems you have been busy.

Osman looks up in shock as she reaches for her side arm.

Carter: please relax. If I wanted to kill you we wouldn’t be having this talk. I’m here to give you something.

Osman: why would you want to help me.

Carter: oh I don’t want to believe me. But a certain mans return and recent actions threaten my goals and plans. I need to level the playing field.

Osman: I don’t like where this is going.

Carter: I also don’t trust many others. Here is a list of the rebels in unsc space here that plan on attacking to try to keep the peace talks from sticking. A certain rival of my own has given them some nasty items that means they need to be dealt with quickly.

Osman: what kind of items.

Carter: now now that’s not how the game is played director. All you need to know is that if these items got out they could have a devestating effect on many people.

Osman: that’s not a lot of help.

Carter: I’ve given you the start you have to finish the puzzle. Good day director.

*As Carter turns to leave someone walks up and stabs him in the gut twice, and grabs him on the neck before being shot many times. Smiling just as Carter smells his breath.

Assassin: Regards you snake. You broke the rules Carter... *His skin begins to degrade and he falls dead...*
    edited July 2018
    *The environmental alarms go off and masks seal on most of the room... as well..*

*OOC: Just gas no worries... Not going to pull that stunt often. Just want Coulsen and the others on their toes. *