test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

on AOY recruitment rerun, include KDF plz

Comments

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Given how the Dominion are, a 23c Dominion faction would probably be identical to the 25c one in every way except the lack of vanguard stuff.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    Given how the Dominion are, a 23c Dominion faction would probably be identical to the 25c one in every way except the lack of vanguard stuff.
    Except meaner because Odo hasn't taught them to be nice.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Thanks, azrael! I went back in the remaster, and caught the starship list. I don't remember that from the original (non-remastered) episode, though.
    vorwoda wrote: »
    tigeraries wrote: »
    TOS every ship had their own unique symbol... by TMP they all switched to the Enterprise symbol cause it represented the TV show... Hated it. Even this game took the cheap approach and uses it inappropriately when they went back to TOS era.
    that was not actually confirmed in TOS. Some did some didn't in TOS, and (in-universe) it's not clear why.
    I can't recall offhand any other ship in TOS that used the Enterprise's insignia.

As for TMP, the explanation for making the Enterprise insignia universal for Starfleet (or Star Fleet, as it was spelt back then) was that the Enterprise was the only one of the Constitution Class top-of-the-line ships to successfully return intact from the last round of five year missions - all the others were destroyed (Constellation, Intrepid and Valiant, for example), missing (Defiant), or had lost all crew (Exeter). While not all the other ships had their fates individually described during TOS, that was the explanation given out by TPTB with the release of TMP.
    Mmm.. problem here is that we only actually saw 5 Assignment Patches used on ships. (6 if you count the 4-pointed star worn by the Human lady on the Elysian council, but it's not clear if she's even wearing a Starfleet uniform, she MIGHT be wearing the patch of the Bonaventure, or maybe not, we don't even know if she arrived in Elysia on the Bonaventure. Also she's wearing WHITE, which would seem to indicate that she's a diplomat and not starship crew at all. But that could reflect her current position as a councilor, however if it does then the logo she wears may also reflect that) Also the one used by the Enterprise was definitely also used by the Ariel. Also there are 17 named Constitution class ships alone.

also there's an official explanation: http://www.startrek.com/article/starfleet-insignia-explained

I cannot thank you enough for that link, my friend! I had never seen that memo, and the article containing it is utterly brilliant! I stand (delightedly) answered in full.
    edxell wrote: »
    I've seen people in this thread mention 23c Klingons and Romulans. What about a 23c Dominion faction?

People mention 23c. Klingons and Romulans (and not the Dominon) because we have onscreen depictions of 23rd century Klingons and Romulans from TOS. People have seen them, and many of us love them, and were disappointed when AoY didn't include them (especially since Delta Rising did include Klingon- and Romulan-specific goals and unlocks. There's no canon depiction of a 23rd century Dominion, though, so it's not been a real rallying point (at least until you raised the point). :)
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I would love having those AoY KDF and Orion bridges. >_>
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
    nimbull wrote: »
    I would love having those AoY KDF and Orion bridges. >_>
    Oh yes, quite nice interiors.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    I'd love an endgame AoY Romulan D-7 in particular! And the Gorn costume, too.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    If they do an AOY rerun I just hope they do some cstore 23c Romulan and Klingon ships... Kinda crappy if you wanna do 23c in tier 6 your looking at super expensive lockbox ships when the feds have cstore options
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    If they do an AOY rerun I just hope they do some cstore 23c Romulan and Klingon ships... Kinda crappy if you wanna do 23c in tier 6 your looking at super expensive lockbox ships when the feds have cstore options

^- This.
    I'm surprised we didn't have that the first time. They made a bunch of new hulls for the TOS Gorn, Klingons and Romulans but we can't sue them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Getting tiresome of these back to back recruitment events...first Delta now Gamma? I highly doubt they would do any of these at least for another year or so.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @jagdtier44 said:
    > If they do an AOY rerun I just hope they do some cstore 23c Romulan and Klingon ships... Kinda crappy if you wanna do 23c in tier 6 your looking at super expensive lockbox ships when the feds have cstore options

I get Lockbox ships for free, you can too.

No you don't get them for free, you either ground that money in game or spent an absurd amount on keys. and Besides why would I want to pay a billion for a T'liss? it's a pretty damn boring ship only driven up because they packed it with the Connie
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    > @tigeraries said:
    > TOS every ship had their own unique symbol... by TMP they all switched to the Enterprise symbol cause it represented the TV show... Hated it. Even this game took the cheap approach and uses it inappropriately when they went back to TOS era.

Not true. The chevron actually represented the service branch, in this case personnel assigned to combatant starships. There were separate badges for people assigned to starbases, merchant marine, fleet command, etc. But not ship by ship.

The Exeter got its own insignia in one episode due to a production error: Bill Theiss misinterpreted things and THOUGHT different ships were supposed to have their own insignia, and by the time anybody realized it was too late to fix it.

Source: http://www.startrek.com/article/starfleet-insignia-explained
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    > @jagdtier44 said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @jagdtier44 said:
    > > If they do an AOY rerun I just hope they do some cstore 23c Romulan and Klingon ships... Kinda crappy if you wanna do 23c in tier 6 your looking at super expensive lockbox ships when the feds have cstore options
    >
    > I get Lockbox ships for free, you can too.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No you don't get them for free, you either ground that money in game or spent an absurd amount on keys. and Besides why would I want to pay a billion for a T'liss? it's a pretty damn boring ship only driven up because they packed it with the Connie

I spent no money whatsoever. I never do. I own more than 20 Lockbox ships. If a scrub like me, with extremely limited playtime can do it, anybody can. Correction though, the T'liss and the Temporal Connie are not Lockbox ships, they are R&D Promo ships.

Given the RNG you sound more like an exception to the norm than the norm itself for lock boxes.
    > @azrael605 said:
    > > @jagdtier44 said:
    > > azrael605 wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @jagdtier44 said:
    > > > If they do an AOY rerun I just hope they do some cstore 23c Romulan and Klingon ships... Kinda crappy if you wanna do 23c in tier 6 your looking at super expensive lockbox ships when the feds have cstore options
    > >
    > > I get Lockbox ships for free, you can too.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > No you don't get them for free, you either ground that money in game or spent an absurd amount on keys. and Besides why would I want to pay a billion for a T'liss? it's a pretty damn boring ship only driven up because they packed it with the Connie
    >
    > I spent no money whatsoever. I never do. I own more than 20 Lockbox ships. If a scrub like me, with extremely limited playtime can do it, anybody can. Correction though, the T'liss and the Temporal Connie are not Lockbox ships, they are R&D Promo ships.

My point is they aren't 'free' unless a Dev or another player is just handing them to you. But that's besides the point, there should be some 23c looking ship for Roms and Klingons in the cstore just like there is for feds. I can understand the D7 and tliss being in a box since they are the classic ships, but there shoulda been at least one cstore ship available like possibly the battlecruiser.
    edited July 2018

There is. Get the T6 version of the starter Rom warbird (T'Varo) put the T1's skin on it. Ta Da! Looks exactly like Mark Leonard's ship from Balance of Terror.

One the other part. If I do not spend actual money, US Dollars, on something, then its free, don't care if you agree or not.

except the T6 version the Malem doesn't use the T'liss skin, nor does the t5 t'varo refit nor does the fleet versions.

So let me ask you a simple.... oh so very simple question.. What's your beef with adding a SINGLE cstore ship for Klingons and Roms that is 23c based like the 4 temporal ships that the federation currently has access to? Why are you so massively opposed to the addition of something like that so that 23c fans of Roms and Klingons have that same sort of option?

• asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I would love to see them add both a Romulan and/or a Kdf side to the tos/temporal event if they re-did it, since it would give those players that were there when the event happened a reason to do the event again (unless they missed something) via making a tos era KDF or Romulan character (thinking release the KDf first re-run, and then the Romulan version the next re-run). Imagine if they added a KDF point of view on the tos mission an tos/temporal KDF objectives in the kdf-exclusive missions. They could then add a Romulan version the next re-run giving replay value for the event.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited July 2018

There is. Get the T6 version of the starter Rom warbird (T'Varo) put the T1's skin on it. Ta Da! Looks exactly like Mark Leonard's ship from Balance of Terror.

One the other part. If I do not spend actual money, US Dollars, on something, then its free, don't care if you agree or not.

except the T6 version the Malem doesn't use the T'liss skin, nor does the t5 t'varo refit nor does the fleet versions.

So let me ask you a simple.... oh so very simple question.. What's your beef with adding a SINGLE cstore ship for Klingons and Roms that is 23c based like the 4 temporal ships that the federation currently has access to? Why are you so massively opposed to the addition of something like that so that 23c fans of Roms and Klingons have that same sort of option?

Edit: Forum eating bug ate my post

Anyway as I was saying, jagdtier44, I don't see any post where Azrael605 had a beef with adding a single C-store ship for Klingons and Roms that is 23c based like the 4 temporal ships that the Federation currently has access to. He was pointing out that you could get lockbox ships in a sense free through dilithium to get zen, through the Dilithium Exchange as well as earning EC to get lockbox ships on the exchange. Please reread his post and don't assume. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    > @sthe91 said:
    > jagdtier44 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > There is. Get the T6 version of the starter Rom warbird (T'Varo) put the T1's skin on it. Ta Da! Looks exactly like Mark Leonard's ship from Balance of Terror.
    >
    > One the other part. If I do not spend actual money, US Dollars, on something, then its free, don't care if you agree or not.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > except the T6 version the Malem doesn't use the T'liss skin, nor does the t5 t'varo refit nor does the fleet versions.
    >
    > So let me ask you a simple.... oh so very simple question.. What's your beef with adding a SINGLE cstore ship for Klingons and Roms that is 23c based like the 4 temporal ships that the federation currently has access to? Why are you so massively opposed to the addition of something like that so that 23c fans of Roms and Klingons have that same sort of option?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Edit: Forum eating bug ate my post
    >
    > Anyway as I was saying, jagdtier44, I don't see any post where Azrael605 had a beef with adding a single C-store ship for Klingons and Roms that is 23c based like the 4 temporal ships that the Federation currently has access to. He was pointing out that you could get lockbox ships in a sense free through dilithium to get zen, through the Dilithium Exchange as well as earning EC to get lockbox ships on the exchange. Please reread his post and don't assume. Thanks. :)

And in my first post on the subject I pointed out those ships are incredibly expensive, hence me hoping they would add in cstore variants. So just posting "I get them for free you can too" isn't pointing out something I missed, it's being confrontational about a suggestion.
    edited July 2018
    > @jagdtier44 said:
    >
    >
    > There is. Get the T6 version of the starter Rom warbird (T'Varo) put the T1's skin on it. Ta Da! Looks exactly like Mark Leonard's ship from Balance of Terror.
    >
    > One the other part. If I do not spend actual money, US Dollars, on something, then its free, don't care if you agree or not.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > except the T6 version the Malem doesn't use the T'liss skin, nor does the t5 t'varo refit nor does the fleet versions.
    >
    > So let me ask you a simple.... oh so very simple question.. What's your beef with adding a SINGLE cstore ship for Klingons and Roms that is 23c based like the 4 temporal ships that the federation currently has access to? Why are you so massively opposed to the addition of something like that so that 23c fans of Roms and Klingons have that same sort of

If the T'Varo is T5 then someone put the wrong info in the chart on the wiki. Since its listed at T6 right here.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_T'varo_Light_Warbird_(T6)#

However as far as I know it can use the T1 skin, have you tested it?

I have no problem with Roms getting more ships, and they will be getting more thats already been flatly stated. I was disagreeing with your wildly incorrect hyperbole about Lockbox/Lobi ships and I will continue to do so. You brought the subject up.

The T'varo's don't use the T'liss skin, sorry I was trying to just point out that none of the T'varos use the T'liss skin. (maybe your thinking they do because they have a similar aged white metal material available?)

and Im a little lost here. how is "super expensive lock box ships" wildly incorrect hyperbole when the T'liss cost $1,000,000,000 and the Thrai costs $1,400,000,000 EC? when your starndard lockbox ship is 300-450 mil? I mean, I just want to point out for reference that if you had 17 characters and all you did was Dil farm on all of them to turn into zen as suggested that your still looking at around 51 days of grind at around 128 hours of gameplay for the estimated 7 million dill you need to trade in for the 238 keys you need to buy or 27,000 zen

So I guess i'm sorry that I consider that 'super expensive' vs say.. $30 (or 3,000 zen) for an account unlock vs a single character purchase at 27,000 zen (or 9 times the cost)..
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    > @sthe91 said:
    > jagdtier44 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So let me ask you a simple.... oh so very simple question.. What's your beef with adding a SINGLE cstore ship for Klingons and Roms that is 23c based like the 4 temporal ships that the federation currently has access to? Why are you so massively opposed to the addition of something like that so that 23c fans of Roms and Klingons have that same sort of option?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Edit: Forum eating bug ate my post
    >
    > Anyway as I was saying, jagdtier44, I don't see any post where Azrael605 had a beef with adding a single C-store ship for Klingons and Roms that is 23c based like the 4 temporal ships that the Federation currently has access to. He was pointing out that you could get lockbox ships in a sense free through dilithium to get zen, through the Dilithium Exchange as well as earning EC to get lockbox ships on the exchange. Please reread his post and don't assume. Thanks. :)

And in my first post on the subject I pointed out those ships are incredibly expensive, hence me hoping they would add in cstore variants. So just posting "I get them for free you can too" isn't pointing out something I missed, it's being confrontational about a suggestion.

I don't see him being confrontational about a suggestion, but if you believe he was being so, so be it. I am not going to change your mind.

Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    However as far as I know it can use the T1 skin, have you tested it?
    I have tested it. You must own the T'liss Temporal Warbird [T6] use any of the T'liss Light Warbird parts on any of the T'varro or Malem Light Warbirds.
    and Im a little lost here. how is "super expensive lock box ships" wildly incorrect hyperbole when the T'liss cost $1,000,000,000 and the Thrai costs $1,400,000,000 EC?
    The Thrai costs around 600,000 EC. It comes in the 23rd Century Tier 6 Undiscovered Dreadnought pack, which you can find on the exchange. Just make sure you open the pack on a Romulan.

The reason the Undiscovered Dreadnoughts are expensive is not because of the Thrai; but because of the Atlas. The Atlas has a very desirable console.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    and Im a little lost here. how is "super expensive lock box ships" wildly incorrect hyperbole when the T'liss cost $1,000,000,000 and the Thrai costs $1,400,000,000 EC?
    The Thrai costs around 600,000 EC. It comes in the 23rd Century Tier 6 Undiscovered Dreadnought pack, which you can find on the exchange. Just make sure you open the pack on a Romulan.

The reason the Undiscovered Dreadnoughts are expensive is not because of the Thrai; but because of the Atlas. The Atlas has a very desirable console.
    No, it comes in the TOS Dreadnought Starship pack, which costs 300m EC on average.

The reason the old Undiscovered Dreadnought pack is expensive is not because of any ship in it (which are the exact same as the new pack), but because it's deprecated and doesn't drop at all anymore, meaning the few on the ex are pretty much the last ones in the game.
    warpangel wrote: »
    No, it comes in the TOS Dreadnought Starship pack, which costs 300m EC on average.

The reason the old Undiscovered Dreadnought pack is expensive is not because of any ship in it (which are the exact same as the new pack), but because it's deprecated and doesn't drop at all anymore, meaning the few on the ex are pretty much the last ones in the game.
    The Special Requisition Pack - TOS Dreadnought Starship [T6] is the Atlas. No other ships are in that pack. If you buy that expecting to get the Thrai, you are going to be disappointed.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »

The Special Requisition Pack - TOS Dreadnought Starship [T6] is the Atlas. No other ships are in that pack. If you buy that expecting to get the Thrai, you are going to be disappointed.
    It contains the ship that matches the faction of the toon opening it. If you open it on a fed, it's an Atlas. If you open it on a rom, it's a Thrai.

The pack that contains the Atlas specifically, is called Special Requisition Pack - Prototype Dreadnought Cruiser (T6).
This discussion has been closed.