test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hearts and Minds Returns for Friday the 13th!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The bone chilling episode, Hearts and Minds, returns to all three platforms for Friday the 13th!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10936413

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Well... its an opprotunity for the new Jem'Hadar for sure.

But honestly... Hearts and Minds isn't as scary as What Lies Beneath. Nothing beats... BONNIE KIN!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    You got the duration right! I thought that error was here to stay after being repeated the last several times this ran.

I don't personally find What Lies Beneath all that scary. It's definitely darker, as in lighting, but the madness of all of the Sibaks shouting in unison is every bit as unnerving as Gein's little rhymes. Neither is particularly scary, though.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Ambassador Kael, I really liked the audio FX (A.S.S.) that was created for April Fool's Day. Any chance to gather the gang again to create a Hallowe'en counterpoint (Spookification)?

Best not to have it during regular Friday 13th Hearts and Minds (esp. with some years having more of those days than others), no need to over do it :)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Is the "Zombie" dance part of the "rewards" this time..... or is that strictly a Halloween thing?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • dragunfyrdragunfyr Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Well, the Reconfigure Isolinear Chips puzzle is still broken, at least for me. I've tried Human, Klingon and Jem toons and none of them can get past the puzzle when it's solved. This has been broken for years. WTH?!?!

Update: If you follow this pattern exactly, you can get by the puzzle: 2 down, right, right, 1 down, override.
    Eu44IrT.jpg
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Is the "Zombie" dance part of the "rewards" this time..... or is that strictly a Halloween thing?

As far as I know, you can get the Zombie dance reward this time. It is in the rewards list.

Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User

Yes, it is. I spent all morning on a handful of mine who hadn't done it and my family's accts too and all got the zombie dance
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    dragunfyr wrote: »
    Well, the Reconfigure Isolinear Chips puzzle is still broken, at least for me. I've tried Human, Klingon and Jem toons and none of them can get past the puzzle when it's solved. This has been broken for years. WTH?!?!

Update: If you follow this pattern exactly, you can get by the puzzle: 2 down, right, right, 1 down, override.

This is right Column 2 down, Row 1 right, right, Column 1 down

I had no problem progressing mine, and my families' after solving it. And I spent all morning to nearly noon doing it for all of them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

Yes, it is. I spent all morning on a handful of mine who hadn't done it and my family's accts too and all got the zombie dance

I was just dropping in to leave a note to the same effect.

I did it this morning before I got busy with lunches and headed out the door to the eyeglass shop. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Glad to see this back! I love this mission - quick, fun and with a nice reward. And the quarters rooms are great for getting screenshots of a BOFF, as they do less running around there for some reason.

Also, I've never had a problem progressing past the combination. I've just completed this successfully on my KDF Jem; and repeatedly on KDF-Rom, FED-Rom, Klingon, Gorn, Andorian, Human and AoY Human captains with no trouble over the years.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    It's so bone chillingly scary I couldn't bring my self to even play it again
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The good Doctor seems to be one of the go tos when autoslotting the Instigate Defection Assignment.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I took all my relative's toons through it who were leveled enough, then the rest of mine who didn't have it yet...well, I somehow missed one of mine so he gets to go on Halloween lol.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    It's a fun mission, created out of the goodness of someone's unpaid heart (and mind), and it only takes a few minutes to run, and we don't have to listen to Sela. Those are all plusses in my book. I've run each of my characters through it 5 times so far (except my Jem'Hadar, obviously). On Hallowe'en they'll all run it again, and then turn in 5 Sibak's for a purple DOFF of their own faction, and still have one Sibak left each.

I'd be willing to bet that running this whole mission 5 times is still faster (not counting the months' long cooldown) than doing the Junior Officer Academy grind, and you still end up with 1 purple.