test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    Ruben: I called her office first. She didn't answer.

Aide: Hold on.

*After a few moments.*

She's not answering. Can you call back in 5 minutes?
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    Ruben: Sure. I'll be waiting.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Ruben: Sure. I'll be waiting.

*A few minutes later, the aide comes back.*

Aide: Uh...she's not there.
    Ruben: Is she supposed to be there?
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    ryan218 wrote: »
    *Casval answers his comm line*

Casval: Good of you to call, I am patching you through.

*He patches her through the comm line with everyone else. Present.*

Casval: Took your time with that. What happened?

Cassi: Dad's here.

*OOC: You do mean Mila right?*

Casval: *He pauses there for a moment, but does not say much of anything but a nod.*

Wade: How the hell did that happen?

Falli: In detail Mila...

*Mila explains things as best she can.*

Falli: It seems the Admiral was correct to be concerned, it would explain Malick to a degree. If he was around when he should have been war would have been averted or losses mitigated.

Casval: Mitigation is what I think, but it still would not have helped much. He is not all powerful, no one is.

Captain... He should resume his post.

Wade: I agree, though the question is what are we going to do. You know the Sphere Builders are building up and we can't leave this spot.

Casval: That is why I am suggesting we use a smaller team, the Federation is going to require every ship to fight them off. A smaller team also keeps chances of discovery low.

Rissa: He is quite right. This ship is going to be needed and I am sure the Admiral needs to recover.

Wade: Then it is deceided. We are going to call in a few favors. Get these people together.. We are going in. Mila, if your going to be coming inform both your parents and request leave.

Casval: Permission to speak plainly sir?

Wade: Granted Lt. what is it?

Casval: Are you sure my sister is going to be objective about this mission? We are going to capture Cassi and not kill her?

*OOC: I am running on the assumption that Casval and Mila did not part on good terms... But it does seem like a good point to show. At least how rough it has been for him.*

Mila *annoyed*: She almost killed James, Cas.

*Casval turns and she sees a hint of something cold, steel in his manner.*

Casval: That maybe sister... Though she is a fugitive from the Federation, she will stand trial for what she has done. After all we are not old west sheriffs, and we can't have loose cannons around on a sensitive mission. I am very aware of who got blown up sister, if you recall, I was the one that got shoved out of the way. She nearly got me too. This is not personal sister, strictly business...

*There was that cold steel look in his eye... something she had not seen before.*

Mila: I'm not going to kill her... I'm too angry to let her get off that easy...

Wade: Lt... that is enough. If she can make it here in time then she is going to take part. I trust she is going to keep her composure. As long as we are here, you two will learn to work together again understood?

Casval: Yes Sir.
    *Sam is receiving a message from the Federation Flagship... as well as data of the current situation. The messenger is going through the throng of people...*

*Sam answers.*

Sam: Captain?

Wade: Its been a long time Sam... Apparently what is keeping James in his coma is something to do with his genetics... I assume you have seen the report. It seems we need someone with an idea of what is going on with him.

Sam: I don't know how my side's genetics would affect him, Wade. Is Fali there with you?

Wade: He is and he is also confused by this...

Sam: What exactly is 'this'?

Falli: We have tried every course of action available to wake him. It seems as if he is here but also not present in his own body. His brain waves indicate that much.

Sam: You think his consciousness might be trapped in the Veil?

Falli: Perhaps... If that is what it is what is keeping him from waking.

Sam: I don't know. I'm no expert on these things.

But, if he is in the Veil...I might be able to reach him.

Wade: WIll you need transport here, or can you do it from where your at...?

Sam: I should be okay from here.

*She closes the channel, locks the door to her office and ports herself to the Veil, searching for James.*

*The veil she notices is seemingly charged from something about her. The landscape changes to a familiar desert landscape... The sun beating down on her.. The Dunes do remind her of that incident with Q... *

Q: You know Sam, I find it always curious how adaptable you humans are to changes. But then again this place should bring back memories. If it wasn't so... memetic to the lifeform's genetic memory. It is so good to see you again.

Sam: Is James here, Q?

Q: Now that is the interesting question... he is partly. Though control to where and when he goes is something of an open question. The lad is something of a...

*He rubs his chin...*

Oh dear I had the expression.... loose cannon. No... Oh who cares.

The pleasant thing for you is... The people that would quickly find him are should we say...

*he smirks maliciously...* Chasing their tails.

Sam: You're not being very helpful.

Q: Oh you wound me... You say that know my dear. But trust me you would not be able to handle, who I left capriciously chasing a blezoidian flea... Besides when did I ever make things easy for you Frauline?

*He looks at the desert... *

It is funny that you find yourself in this memory copy... Though I wonder from who does he get it from?

Sam: Q, I just want to get my Grandson back to his family.

*R.S.S. Columbia. Mila reaches her quarters, takes off her jacket and tries to call Casval.*

Q: Follow the breadcrumbs...

*He snaps his fingers and he is gone... But she does notice someone or something walking along, an older man walking the desert. His suit she can't tell under the tattered robes, at first she sees his eye patch and obvious artificial arm and smoking a cigar.. Watching the desert. She does not see his face until he moves his hood... A scarred face and a protruding piece of bulkhead looking like a horn above the eye patch.*

Older Man: Hello Sam... *he puffs a cigar and leans against a rock.*

Sam: Hello.

*OOC: Nothing on Casval?*

*OOC: Gimmie a moment. *

Older Man: *Smirks as he puffs a cigar and blows the smoke out. * I am surprised you don't recognize me.. Nonetheless... What brings you here... of all places.

Sam; I'm looking for my grandson.

*The older man laughs... *

Older Man: Must not know what he is doing, or did it not of his own volition..

*He looks at her with a smirk...*

Try the rock face down there

*He points to the base of a mountain on the other end.. but she can't help but to feel something familiar about this older man... Before she can say much of anything about how he looks so familiar to her.*

I will be seeing you around, I need to get back... Time isn't quite what you expect. Much less the veil either, at least I thought so.

*He walks into the desert before vanishing into the sands.*

*Sam heads to the rock face.*

*James Jr... paces around on the rock face... He came across the same older man that looked familiar to him. Though he cannot place where...*

James Jr: Damn... what is this place... *He sees the memetic memory of a large worm come from the ground and a large roar from it.*

Why am I seeing that... What in the hell is that?

Sam: James?

*James whips his head around...*

James Jr: Grandma? What in the hell.... What... What is this place?

Sam: An old memory. You're in the Veil, a living twilight dimension. I think you got pulled here by the explosion.

What's the last thing you remember?

*He pauses for a minute trying to process what he just heard.*

James: *almost frantic* How... all I remember was being in the cooridor with Casval... such a load explosion.
    *Terry looks at the Tara's grouped there..*

Terry: I made a choice and now I am paying for it. Something I knew was coming. Just was not expecting to see this stuff back on me again.
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Osman office

Coulson: so they are back.

Osman: from what we can tell yes. And worse then ever. The only good thing from this is it’s brpught the unsc and ICA back to terms so they are one again.

Rotek: that could also be the greatest problem.

Osman: how so.

Rotek: if there are as they claim rogue military units rejoining the unsc may simply be a tool they can use to gather more open support. While I agree it helps us greatly to have them at peace and back in power it also present the greatest risk.

Coulson: agreed. It levels itself out by being a blessing and a curse all in one.

Osman: well we need to decide something soon. We don’t have a lot of time before this is going to involve the military directly. Any operations we can get done before that simply helps our people out in their jobs.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."

Aide: She didn't say she was going anywhere - just that she didn't want to be disturbed...

Casval: *He pauses there for a moment, but does not say much of anything but a nod.*

Falli: It seems the Admiral was correct to be concerned, it would explain Malick to a degree. If he was around when he should have been war would have been averted or losses mitigated.

Casval: Mitigation is what I think, but it still would not have helped much. He is not all powerful, no one is.

Wade: I agree, though the question is what are we going to do. You know the Sphere Builders are building up and we can't leave this spot.

Casval: That is why I am suggesting we use a smaller team, the Federation is going to require every ship to fight them off. A smaller team also keeps chances of discovery low.

Rissa: He is quite right. This ship is going to be needed and I am sure the Admiral needs to recover.

Wade: Then it is deceided. We are going to call in a few favors. Get these people together.. We are going in. Mila, if your going to be coming inform both your parents and request leave.

Casval: Are you sure my sister is going to be objective about this mission? We are going to capture Cassi and not kill her?

*OOC: I am running on the assumption that Casval and Mila did not part on good terms... But it does seem like a good point to show. At least how rough it has been for him.*

Casval: That maybe sister... Though she is a fugitive from the Federation, she will stand trial for what she has done. After all we are not old west sheriffs, and we can't have loose cannons around on a sensitive mission. I am very aware of who got blown up sister, if you recall, I was the one that got shoved out of the way. She nearly got me too. This is not personal sister, strictly business...

*There was that cold steel look in his eye... something she had not seen before.*

Mila: I'm not going to kill her... I'm too angry to let her get off that easy...

Wade: Lt... that is enough. If she can make it here in time then she is going to take part. I trust she is going to keep her composure. As long as we are here, you two will learn to work together again understood?

Mila: Yes, Captain.

*About an hour later, Wade gets a message from Admiral Hargrove, patrolling the Tzenkethi Border with the Republic Home Fleet.*
    *Sam is receiving a message from the Federation Flagship... as well as data of the current situation. The messenger is going through the throng of people...*

*Sam answers.*

Sam: Captain?

Wade: Its been a long time Sam... Apparently what is keeping James in his coma is something to do with his genetics... I assume you have seen the report. It seems we need someone with an idea of what is going on with him.

Sam: I don't know how my side's genetics would affect him, Wade. Is Fali there with you?

Wade: He is and he is also confused by this...

Sam: What exactly is 'this'?

Falli: We have tried every course of action available to wake him. It seems as if he is here but also not present in his own body. His brain waves indicate that much.

Sam: You think his consciousness might be trapped in the Veil?

Falli: Perhaps... If that is what it is what is keeping him from waking.

Sam: I don't know. I'm no expert on these things.

But, if he is in the Veil...I might be able to reach him.

Wade: WIll you need transport here, or can you do it from where your at...?

Sam: I should be okay from here.

*She closes the channel, locks the door to her office and ports herself to the Veil, searching for James.*

*The veil she notices is seemingly charged from something about her. The landscape changes to a familiar desert landscape... The sun beating down on her.. The Dunes do remind her of that incident with Q... *

Q: You know Sam, I find it always curious how adaptable you humans are to changes. But then again this place should bring back memories. If it wasn't so... memetic to the lifeform's genetic memory. It is so good to see you again.

Sam: Is James here, Q?

Q: Now that is the interesting question... he is partly. Though control to where and when he goes is something of an open question. The lad is something of a...

*He rubs his chin...*

Oh dear I had the expression.... loose cannon. No... Oh who cares.

The pleasant thing for you is... The people that would quickly find him are should we say...

*he smirks maliciously...* Chasing their tails.

Sam: You're not being very helpful.

Q: Oh you wound me... You say that know my dear. But trust me you would not be able to handle, who I left capriciously chasing a blezoidian flea... Besides when did I ever make things easy for you Frauline?

*He looks at the desert... *

It is funny that you find yourself in this memory copy... Though I wonder from who does he get it from?

Sam: Q, I just want to get my Grandson back to his family.

*R.S.S. Columbia. Mila reaches her quarters, takes off her jacket and tries to call Casval.*

Q: Follow the breadcrumbs...

*He snaps his fingers and he is gone... But she does notice someone or something walking along, an older man walking the desert. His suit she can't tell under the tattered robes, at first she sees his eye patch and obvious artificial arm and smoking a cigar.. Watching the desert. She does not see his face until he moves his hood... A scarred face and a protruding piece of bulkhead looking like a horn above the eye patch.*

Older Man: Hello Sam... *he puffs a cigar and leans against a rock.*

Sam: Hello.

*OOC: Nothing on Casval?*

*OOC: Gimmie a moment. *

Older Man: *Smirks as he puffs a cigar and blows the smoke out. * I am surprised you don't recognize me.. Nonetheless... What brings you here... of all places.

Sam; I'm looking for my grandson.

*The older man laughs... *

Older Man: Must not know what he is doing, or did it not of his own volition..

*He looks at her with a smirk...*

Try the rock face down there

*He points to the base of a mountain on the other end.. but she can't help but to feel something familiar about this older man... Before she can say much of anything about how he looks so familiar to her.*

I will be seeing you around, I need to get back... Time isn't quite what you expect. Much less the veil either, at least I thought so.

*He walks into the desert before vanishing into the sands.*

*Sam heads to the rock face.*

*James Jr... paces around on the rock face... He came across the same older man that looked familiar to him. Though he cannot place where...*

James Jr: Damn... what is this place... *He sees the memetic memory of a large worm come from the ground and a large roar from it.*

Why am I seeing that... What in the hell is that?

Sam: James?

*James whips his head around...*

James Jr: Grandma? What in the hell.... What... What is this place?

Sam: An old memory. You're in the Veil, a living twilight dimension. I think you got pulled here by the explosion.

What's the last thing you remember?

*He pauses for a minute trying to process what he just heard.*

James: *almost frantic* How... all I remember was being in the cooridor with Casval... such a load explosion.

*Sam holds his shoulders to calm him down.*

Sam: It's okay. You're body's fine; you're still alive; Casval's fine. But, whatever happened must have awoken your Twilight gene. You're mind must have brought you here out of shock. We just need to get you back.

*She saying all of this in a gentle, motherly (or in this case, grand-motherly) tone, focusing on keeping James calm.*

Terry: I made a choice and now I am paying for it. Something I knew was coming. Just was not expecting to see this stuff back on me again.

Tara: How did you and Dani get it off last time?
    logang19 wrote: »
    Osman office

Coulson: so they are back.

Osman: from what we can tell yes. And worse then ever. The only good thing from this is it’s brpught the unsc and ICA back to terms so they are one again.

Rotek: that could also be the greatest problem.

Osman: how so.

Rotek: if there are as they claim rogue military units rejoining the unsc may simply be a tool they can use to gather more open support. While I agree it helps us greatly to have them at peace and back in power it also present the greatest risk.

Coulson: agreed. It levels itself out by being a blessing and a curse all in one.

Osman: well we need to decide something soon. We don’t have a lot of time before this is going to involve the military directly. Any operations we can get done before that simply helps our people out in their jobs.

OOC: To be honest, RNF Central Command isn't likely to be too chuffed at the prospect of a unified UNSC so soon after the UNSC launched an interstellar war and, as far is they're concerned, gave Free Delta a subspace weapon they used to wipe out an entire member world, costing billions of lives (and no, I haven't forgotten Free Delta still have another one) ;)

Aide: She didn't say she was going anywhere - just that she didn't want to be disturbed...

Ruben: Hmm... are there any twilight signatures like someone ported recently?
    edited July 2018
    OoC: Double post

Tara B: Its looking pretty bad.

*The Aide walks away from the screen and comes back a minute later.*

Aide: Actually, yeah.

Ruben: I know where she went. Thank you for your help. I'll make sure she's safe.

Ruben: I know where she went. Thank you for your help. I'll make sure she's safe.

*The Aide looks confused, before nodding.*

Aide: Just get her back before security realise she's gone? I like my job...
    edited July 2018
    Ooc: I’m sure they aren’t lol but it makes her job much easier not having a civil war going on. Or at least a civil war that is open and supported by other major powers.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    Tzenkethi Capital

Nor Aden: we have suffered enough. It’s time we join the rest of the galaxy. We should all stand united.

Thanx Or: no! This is outrageous. We should show them that we will not be bullied. We will stand and fight.

Nor Aden: and make matters worse! If the unsc and ICA are at peace now we can do the same with the rest of the galaxy.

There are a number of murmurs from other officers and officials there.

Tzenkethi official: let us call a recess on the matter we will adjurn for the day.
    Coulson: well if we can put a stop to them now it could save a lot of people.

Bridger: and how do you plan to find this “skull” person. If he’s as devious as you claim we aren’t going to get it from anyone easily.

Osman: no we will have to find a way to draw him out directly.

Coulson: which could prove as hard as anything. May question is he vanished for so long why now?

Bridger: a number of the terrorist organizations and other rebel groups have taken major hits recently. It opens the door for people like him to start operations again. Especially with the blows dealt to free delta and nightfall both groups will become more desperate and switch to more savage means of achieving their goals.

Coulson: we need to stop them now.

Osman: start putting together a team and plan. I’ll help any way we can. In the meantime I’ll be keeping an eye on unsc space. Make sure nothing takes a turn there.

Coulson: any word on the breen or tzenkethi?

Osman: the breen no. The tzenkethi are having a political debate currently on what they are goin to do.

Bridger: never a dull moment.

Ruben: I'll do my best. *He nods and ends the call before using his powers to enter the Veil*

Ruben: I'll do my best. *He nods and ends the call before using his powers to enter the Veil*

*He finds himself in the same illusion as Sam and James Jr.*
    Carter is waiting at a fortified base as Carsick arrives.

Carter: what have I told you about working with people like that.

He takes out a cigarette and lights it as they start walking.

Carsick: don’t act like your the only one I get things from.

Carter: you want to work with him that’s fine. It’s your funeral in the end. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Carsick gives him a look as they walk into a command hub.

Carter: well since you think you have big boy pants now you can manage your own operations. I have other projects that need my attention.

Carsick: you said you’d back me and my men up.

Carter: that was before you made a deal with the devil. Section 3 has specific goals. And you working with him shows me we don’t have the same goals colonel.

He walks down a flight of stairs to a gate as he dials an address into it activating it.

Carter: have a good day colonel.
    Ruben: Um... this doesn't seem right. *He walks towards where he senses Sam at*

Mila: Yes, Captain.

*About an hour later, Wade gets a message from Admiral Hargrove, patrolling the Tzenkethi Border with the Republic Home Fleet.*

*Wade brings a comm line open as he dismisses the LT. *

Wade: Admiral?

*He finds himself in the same illusion as Sam and James Jr.*

*James Jr.. jumps as he sees Ruben...*

James Jr: If your trying to calm me down it is not helping!

*He soon pops out of the area without realizing it. Sam begins to realize that this is not a typical case or power. Kinda seeing Q's point...*

*Before long James Jr.. finds himself in San Fransisco but not the ruined city he has heard about. It is bustling, but the technology is not what he knows... He stumbles through these whisps of people, and finds a news terminal... *

James Jr: 2409? What the hell?

Tara B: Its looking pretty bad.

*Terry looks at them debating whether he should tell them...*

Terry: I got them off by jumping into Angel Halo's firing mechanism, only way to get it to fire. It dispersed much more than them however.

*He feels around his cheek...*

Its not that bad... it was worse. Trust me it does get worse, people can't handle the massive information dump you get on contact. They get assimilated and turned into metallic crystals.
    *OOC: I figured we should do a certain battle in the future that involve the Sphere Builders. At least differently than the other timelines.*