ryan218 wrote: »
    *Sam is receiving a message from the Federation Flagship... as well as data of the current situation. The messenger is going through the throng of people...*

*Sam answers.*

Sam: Captain?

Wade: Its been a long time Sam... Apparently what is keeping James in his coma is something to do with his genetics... I assume you have seen the report. It seems we need someone with an idea of what is going on with him.

Sam: I don't know how my side's genetics would affect him, Wade. Is Fali there with you?

Wade: He is and he is also confused by this...

Sam: What exactly is 'this'?

Falli: We have tried every course of action available to wake him. It seems as if he is here but also not present in his own body. His brain waves indicate that much.

Sam: You think his consciousness might be trapped in the Veil?

Falli: Perhaps... If that is what it is what is keeping him from waking.

Sam: I don't know. I'm no expert on these things.

But, if he is in the Veil...I might be able to reach him.

Wade: WIll you need transport here, or can you do it from where your at...?

Sam: I should be okay from here.

*She closes the channel, locks the door to her office and ports herself to the Veil, searching for James.*

*The veil she notices is seemingly charged from something about her. The landscape changes to a familiar desert landscape... The sun beating down on her.. The Dunes do remind her of that incident with Q... *

Q: You know Sam, I find it always curious how adaptable you humans are to changes. But then again this place should bring back memories. If it wasn't so... memetic to the lifeform's genetic memory. It is so good to see you again.

Sam: Is James here, Q?

Q: Now that is the interesting question... he is partly. Though control to where and when he goes is something of an open question. The lad is something of a...

*He rubs his chin...*

Oh dear I had the expression.... loose cannon. No... Oh who cares.

The pleasant thing for you is... The people that would quickly find him are should we say...

*he smirks maliciously...* Chasing their tails.

Sam: You're not being very helpful.

Q: Oh you wound me... You say that know my dear. But trust me you would not be able to handle, who I left capriciously chasing a blezoidian flea... Besides when did I ever make things easy for you Frauline?

*He looks at the desert... *

It is funny that you find yourself in this memory copy... Though I wonder from who does he get it from?

Sam: Q, I just want to get my Grandson back to his family.

*R.S.S. Columbia. Mila reaches her quarters, takes off her jacket and tries to call Casval.*

Q: Follow the breadcrumbs...

*He snaps his fingers and he is gone... But she does notice someone or something walking along, an older man walking the desert. His suit she can't tell under the tattered robes, at first she sees his eye patch and obvious artificial arm and smoking a cigar.. Watching the desert. She does not see his face until he moves his hood... A scarred face and a protruding piece of bulkhead looking like a horn above the eye patch.*

Older Man: Hello Sam... *he puffs a cigar and leans against a rock.*

Sam: Hello.

*OOC: Nothing on Casval?*

*OOC: Gimmie a moment. *

Older Man: *Smirks as he puffs a cigar and blows the smoke out. * I am surprised you don't recognize me.. Nonetheless... What brings you here... of all places.

Sam; I'm looking for my grandson.

*The older man laughs... *

Older Man: Must not know what he is doing, or did it not of his own volition..

*He looks at her with a smirk...*

Try the rock face down there

*He points to the base of a mountain on the other end.. but she can't help but to feel something familiar about this older man... Before she can say much of anything about how he looks so familiar to her.*

I will be seeing you around, I need to get back... Time isn't quite what you expect. Much less the veil either, at least I thought so.

*He walks into the desert before vanishing into the sands.*
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    *OOC: Oh my do I have a surprise with this trick... You guys might like it.*
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    *Casval answers his comm line*

Casval: Good of you to call, I am patching you through.

*He patches her through the comm line with everyone else. Present.*

Casval: Took your time with that. What happened?

Cassi: Dad's here.

*OOC: You do mean Mila right?*

Casval: *He pauses there for a moment, but does not say much of anything but a nod.*

Wade: How the hell did that happen?

Falli: In detail Mila...

*Mila explains things as best she can.*
    edited July 2018
    westx211 wrote: »
    Ruben: What is she working on? *he rubs his temples* I'm Ruben remember? Father of her daughter? *Laura walks by in the background* I'm not some random guy asking for a policy change just her daughter and me like to keep up with her. If its top secret I can understand but if she's just busy with paperwork can you tell me?

M Samana: Yeah of course I can. But I've been getting a bad feeling lately.

Aide: As far as I know it's just paperwork, but she didn't say.

*Columbia.*

Emma; A bad feeling?
    *Sam is receiving a message from the Federation Flagship... as well as data of the current situation. The messenger is going through the throng of people...*

*Sam answers.*

Wade: Its been a long time Sam... Apparently what is keeping James in his coma is something to do with his genetics... I assume you have seen the report. It seems we need someone with an idea of what is going on with him.

Sam: I don't know how my side's genetics would affect him, Wade. Is Fali there with you?

Falli: We have tried every course of action available to wake him. It seems as if he is here but also not present in his own body. His brain waves indicate that much.

*She closes the channel, locks the door to her office and ports herself to the Veil, searching for James.*

*The veil she notices is seemingly charged from something about her. The landscape changes to a familiar desert landscape... The sun beating down on her.. The Dunes do remind her of that incident with Q... *

Q: You know Sam, I find it always curious how adaptable you humans are to changes. But then again this place should bring back memories. If it wasn't so... memetic to the lifeform's genetic memory. It is so good to see you again.

Q: Now that is the interesting question... he is partly. Though control to where and when he goes is something of an open question. The lad is something of a...

*He rubs his chin...*

The pleasant thing for you is... The people that would quickly find him are should we say...

Q: Oh you wound me... You say that know my dear. But trust me you would not be able to handle, who I left capriciously chasing a blezoidian flea... Besides when did I ever make things easy for you Frauline?

It is funny that you find yourself in this memory copy... Though I wonder from who does he get it from?

*R.S.S. Columbia. Mila reaches her quarters, takes off her jacket and tries to call Casval.*

*He snaps his fingers and he is gone... But she does notice someone or something walking along, an older man walking the desert. His suit she can't tell under the tattered robes, at first she sees his eye patch and obvious artificial arm and smoking a cigar.. Watching the desert. She does not see his face until he moves his hood... A scarred face and a protruding piece of bulkhead looking like a horn above the eye patch.*

Older Man: *Smirks as he puffs a cigar and blows the smoke out. * I am surprised you don't recognize me.. Nonetheless... What brings you here... of all places.

*He points to the base of a mountain on the other end.. but she can't help but to feel something familiar about this older man... Before she can say much of anything about how he looks so familiar to her.*

I will be seeing you around, I need to get back... Time isn't quite what you expect. Much less the veil either, at least I thought so.

*Sam heads to the rock face.*
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Ooc: will post on my lunch break.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    M Samana: Yeah with Terry showing back up and Tara being forced to him. Call it an instinct from living in the Terran empire.

Ruben: Thank you. Sorry for all the fuss. *He looks a little confused. He can't seem to sense it but he knows something is up as he too has a bad feeling*

OoC: I was actually hoping to somehow finagle Ruben into the veil or wherever Sam is at to give him and me something to do with what's going on since basically none of my stuff is being included with anything important at the moment
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    M Samana: Yeah with Terry showing back up and Tara being forced to him. Call it an instinct from living in the Terran empire.

Ruben: Thank you. Sorry for all the fuss. *He looks a little confused. He can't seem to sense it but he knows something is up as he too has a bad feeling*

OoC: I was actually hoping to somehow finagle Ruben into the veil or wherever Sam is at to give him and me something to do with what's going on since basically none of my stuff is being included with anything important at the moment

*OOC: Remind me what Ruben's abilities are?*

Emma: I know what you mean...
    OoC: powerful twilight user like Sam. Not as strong as her in terms of twilight but his telepathic powers are unmatched. He is the strongest telepath in existence or atleast in terms of mortals. He rarely if ever uses his twilight abilities though and almost exclusively relies on his telepathy in fights though that works out fine
    He is highly trained in his twilight powers he just doesn't use them.

M Samana: Its been a long time since we've had things like this happen but it usually means trouble.
    OoC: powerful twilight user like Sam. Not as strong as her in terms of twilight but his telepathic powers are unmatched. He is the strongest telepath in existence or atleast in terms of mortals. He rarely if ever uses his twilight abilities though and almost exclusively relies on his telepathy in fights though that works out fine
    He is highly trained in his twilight powers he just doesn't use them.

M Samana: Its been a long time since we've had things like this happen but it usually means trouble.

*OOC: Okay, he should be able to access the Veil then.*

Emma: Yeah. Hopefully not right now though.
    OoC: Yeah but he doesn't know she is in the veil. Also I kinda forgot what the veil is. Since it's been years since we used it

M Samana: Certainly would be a downer for our tournament.
    OoC: Yeah but he doesn't know she is in the veil. Also I kinda forgot what the veil is. Since it's been years since we used it

M Samana: Certainly would be a downer for our tournament.

Emma; Or just watching you kick Tara's butt. *Smiles.*

*OOC: We can redo that conversation with the aide if you want.*
    OoC: Sure.

M Samana: Don't worry I will kick hers by the end of the week. *she laughs*
    Carsick is in his ready room. As an agent walks in.

Carsick: take this to Visgrad and use it. Make it a public place. The more civilians killed the better.

Agent: yes sir.

Meanwhile

Visgrad command center.

Hammond: I don’t like this situation at all. There are to many unknowns and targets.

Sheridan: agreed we need to try to narrow them down.

Hammond: unless you object I’ll deploy my men to secure the gate way and the control room for it.

Sheridan: sounds like a plan to me.

Hammond: I also know R’tas is coming to speak with us as well he has concerns about the current situation.

Sheridan: of course they do. What else should I know?

Hammond: nothing yet but don’t worry I’ll have more for you soon enough I’m sure.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."

Casval: *He pauses there for a moment, but does not say much of anything but a nod.*

Falli: It seems the Admiral was correct to be concerned, it would explain Malick to a degree. If he was around when he should have been war would have been averted or losses mitigated.

Casval: Mitigation is what I think, but it still would not have helped much. He is not all powerful, no one is.

Captain... He should resume his post.

Wade: I agree, though the question is what are we going to do. You know the Sphere Builders are building up and we can't leave this spot.

Casval: That is why I am suggesting we use a smaller team, the Federation is going to require every ship to fight them off. A smaller team also keeps chances of discovery low.

Rissa: He is quite right. This ship is going to be needed and I am sure the Admiral needs to recover.

Wade: Then it is deceided. We are going to call in a few favors. Get these people together.. We are going in. Mila, if your going to be coming inform both your parents and request leave.

Casval: Permission to speak plainly sir?

Wade: Granted Lt. what is it?

Casval: Are you sure my sister is going to be objective about this mission? We are going to capture Cassi and not kill her?

*OOC: I am running on the assumption that Casval and Mila did not part on good terms... But it does seem like a good point to show. At least how rough it has been for him.*

*Sam answers.*

*He rubs his chin...*

*James Jr... paces around on the rock face... He came across the same older man that looked familiar to him. Though he cannot place where...*

James Jr: Damn... what is this place... *He sees the memetic memory of a large worm come from the ground and a large roar from it.*

Why am I seeing that... What in the hell is that?
    RNI base

Osman door chimes

Osman: enter.

Coulson walks in.

Osman: well come in have a seat. I assume your here to talk about recent developments.

Coulson: your a mind reader now huh

Falli: It seems the Admiral was correct to be concerned, it would explain Malick to a degree. If he was around when he should have been war would have been averted or losses mitigated.

Casval: Mitigation is what I think, but it still would not have helped much. He is not all powerful, no one is.

Wade: I agree, though the question is what are we going to do. You know the Sphere Builders are building up and we can't leave this spot.

Casval: That is why I am suggesting we use a smaller team, the Federation is going to require every ship to fight them off. A smaller team also keeps chances of discovery low.

Rissa: He is quite right. This ship is going to be needed and I am sure the Admiral needs to recover.

Wade: Then it is deceided. We are going to call in a few favors. Get these people together.. We are going in. Mila, if your going to be coming inform both your parents and request leave.

Casval: Are you sure my sister is going to be objective about this mission? We are going to capture Cassi and not kill her?

*OOC: I am running on the assumption that Casval and Mila did not part on good terms... But it does seem like a good point to show. At least how rough it has been for him.*

Mila *annoyed*: She almost killed James, Cas.

*Sam answers.*

*He rubs his chin...*

*James Jr... paces around on the rock face... He came across the same older man that looked familiar to him. Though he cannot place where...*

James Jr: Damn... what is this place... *He sees the memetic memory of a large worm come from the ground and a large roar from it.*

Sam: James?

Aide: I'm sure the Prime Minister will be happy to see you, sir.

*Columbia. The Taras are all checking on Terry.*

Tara: You sure you're okay, Terry?
    edited July 2018

*Casval turns and she sees a hint of something cold, steel in his manner.*

Casval: That maybe sister... Though she is a fugitive from the Federation, she will stand trial for what she has done. After all we are not old west sheriffs, and we can't have loose cannons around on a sensitive mission. I am very aware of who got blown up sister, if you recall, I was the one that got shoved out of the way. She nearly got me too. This is not personal sister, strictly business...

*There was that cold steel look in his eye... something she had not seen before.*

*They get a good look at his eyes and the hint of the silver on his skin.*

Terry: *sighing* Been through worse ringers before...

*Sam answers.*

*He rubs his chin...*

*James whips his head around...*

James Jr: Grandma? What in the hell.... What... What is this place?
    Visgrad

Hammond: also we have a new ship that should prove very useful as it has in Virgo.

He activated a holo display of a ship.

Hammond: say hello to the Virgo class. A much smaller ship then the Venator or Concordia. While this one has some science abilities it’s more of a warship then anything.

Sheridan: it looks impressive.

Hammond: they are. They are equipped with forerunner weapons as well as standard unsc weapons. They have advanced forerunner shields. And slip space tech that allows them to travel between galaxies without a gate and in a much shorter time frame. Crew compliment is 750 with 200 marines and ODST aboard as well. Triconium alloy hull and powerful sublight engines as well.

Sheridan: sounds like a power house.

Hammond: it is. It’s taken about 4 years to get them up and running. I’ve requested them for use here. UNSC command has authorized 5. They will be here in the next day or so.

Sheridan: I appreciate it. That should help a lot.

Ooc: think of the human ships from later seasons of sg1 and Atlantis. That is the design just slightly bigger.

*Casval turns and she sees a hint of something cold, steel in his manner.*

Casval: That maybe sister... Though she is a fugitive from the Federation, she will stand trial for what she has done. After all we are not old west sheriffs, and we can't have loose cannons around on a sensitive mission. I am very aware of who got blown up sister, if you recall, I was the one that got shoved out of the way. She nearly got me too. This is not personal sister, strictly business...

*There was that cold steel look in his eye... something she had not seen before.*

Mila: I'm not going to kill her... I'm too angry to let her get off that easy...

*They get a good look at his eyes and the hint of the silver on his skin.*

Terry: *sighing* Been through worse ringers before...

Tara: What did they want with you, anyway?

*Sam answers.*

*He rubs his chin...*

*James whips his head around...*

James Jr: Grandma? What in the hell.... What... What is this place?

Sam: An old memory. You're in the Veil, a living twilight dimension. I think you got pulled here by the explosion.

What's the last thing you remember?
    Ruben: Perfect. Where is she?
    Ruben: Perfect. Where is she?

Aide: She should be in her office.
    Ruben: I called her office first. She didn't answer.