test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Have you claimed your free items? - STO Email, for real this time?

2»

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    I did not merge this with the other email thread, because this is about a separate email message. Also, from what I understand, these emails were sent out by PWE not Cryptic, and Cryptic is looking into it. More than that I cannot say at this time.

Fair enough. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I did not merge this with the other email thread, because this is about a separate email message. Also, from what I understand, these emails were sent out by PWE not Cryptic, and Cryptic is looking into it. More than that I cannot say at this time.

Assuming that I'm understanding this correctly, I'm happy to hear that it was PWE who sent these because I've been worried they came from someone, dare I say, less reputable.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Assuming that I'm understanding this correctly, I'm happy to hear that it was PWE who sent these because I've been worried they came from someone, dare I say, less reputable.

Electronic Arts? ;)

More on topic: got the mail too, no unclaimed rewards in the promotions tab.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I got the letter too. The strange thing is, the third box showing off freebies (The two +'s) is in another language. "Et bien plus encore". I know what it means, but it's still odd that the letters weren't even properly cobbled together.

That, or my universal translator is acting up.
  • jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I got last night, checked, nothing. I assumed it was some sort of mix up on their side.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    my personal hypothesis is that it was s limited time promo, but the mailer daemon was too slow and we got notified after the promo was over.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • misterperseusmisterperseus Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    I got both emails and bumpkiss ingame. What a mess.
  • viperiousspacedviperiousspaced Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Same, recieved the e-mail yesterday, as others have said iIt says claim ya free stuff from the welcome page once ya login.
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    I got it this time, as well, and like everyone else I see nothing in the 'Welcome Banner'...also, the email was partly in French! Seein as I'm from midwest US, this is surprising lol
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Different email, images are the same as the last one but text in the new points us to an as yet unknown feature of the obnoxious lander, assuming they classify that as a welcome banner.
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »

Electronic Arts? ;)

Don't scare me like that. :p
    Maybe it's Bethesda, and they're offering free skooma to all of the Caitians and Ferasans as a alternative to ketracel.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    Electronic Arts? ;)

Don't scare me like that. :p
    Maybe it's Bethesda, and they're offering free skooma to all of the Caitians and Ferasans as a alternative to ketracel.
    I think I'd rather go with Nepeta. It's less brain damage inducing.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    arionisa wrote: »
    Arrrggghhhh, why, why, why do you tease me like this ?

The first time, about a week ago or so, it was just an honest mistake. Now it just becomes annoying, as they're flaunting their 'We really do not care' attitude a way too ostentatiously. Stop sending out that sh*t if you don't mean it.

I got the remedy.

Just get The Cassy Hammer. ;)
    vSQKlHw.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Is this really that baffling? They presumably generated a mailing list (using the wrong data) and then rather than update that list, just used the original list again.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Maybe they were confirming they messed up the last time and messed that up as well.
    Maybe they were confirming they messed up the last time and messed that up as well.

LOL. The universe may very well collapse under that one. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    arionisa wrote: »
    Arrrggghhhh, why, why, why do you tease me like this ?

The first time, about a week ago or so, it was just an honest mistake. Now it just becomes annoying, as they're flaunting their 'We really do not care' attitude a way too ostentatiously. Stop sending out that sh*t if you don't mean it.

I got the remedy.

vSQKlHw.jpg

Hehe; love that hammer picture! :) Nothing so drastic will be needed, though, I hope. They just need to get their act together. And while it may in fact be PWE sending these out, I doubt they're doing so without Cryptic knowing about it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I think I'd rather go with Nepeta. It's less brain damage inducing.

It's not illegal as far as I know. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepeta

• fleetcaptclarkfleetcaptclark Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I really think Arc/Cryptic and PerfectWorld need to get their act together. I'm gettiung annoyed by these fake/wrong emails they send out and the fact they never apologise and never make up for them. At this point...they send out so many fakes to lure people back on, they should actually give something. Has anyone contacted them about it directly?

Come on...get your act together guys.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    You know, after it happened twice, you'd think there would be some sort of official response. An announcement maybe, a thread, even just a comment. Instead there's just nothing.

Bit annoying that this issue is going to go unaddressed.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    what is the ingame welcome banner? that's where it says to collect.

it's the annoying 4 pane window when you log in AFAIK
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    No, the "Welcome Back" banner is a specific banner that pops up for this. If you didn't get it, you didn't get it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    No, the "Welcome Back" banner is a specific banner that pops up for this. If you didn't get it, you didn't get it.

Everyone got the Email, though​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    ^Yes, I'm aware that there are people who received the email, yet did not get the welcome back banner. I'm one of those people. Both times. I'm just clarifying that said banner is NOT the Landing Page.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I see, thank you for clarifying :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    It sounds like someone's gone phishing here.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I just assumed the 'free' stuff mentioned in the email I received was the Recruit Rewards you get on your Jemmy be reaching the 'milestones' in your little device thing.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    [
    I got the remedy.

hmmm I think the old banleek trendy wielded might be more appropriate ;)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    [
    I got the remedy.

hmmm I think the old banleek trendy wielded might be more appropriate ;)

She gots her stuffs, I gots mine. B)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg