test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yes, 3/5 is intended, people! [T6] Vorgon Ytijara Dreadnought Cruiser

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    My son can't play right now because his computer needs more memory. My SIL runs into time constraints a lot and my grandson doesn't always get on and play. And I have two accounts.

I'm actually doing 8 runs. My SIL has all three Vorgon ships slotted now, my grandson had the carrier already slotted on a toon, so I'm doing two runs for him. My son only has this year's slotted and I have two accts, a Lifer and a F2P.

So, eight runs. And yes, I enjoy doing them.
    Fortunately, I'm not doing them for anyone else - my roommate won't fly anything besides his T6 Defiant - but I've got three accounts, so I'm doing Flying High three times here. On the other hand, I'm also running the Patriot event four times a day on CO (two toons on my main account, one each on the secondaries) because that works more like Lohlunat Favors - earn Patriot Tokens to buy things from the Patriot Store - and both Lady Liberty and Captain Americlown on the main account had some leftover Tokens from previous years. (The head wings look kind of ridiculous, but that fits Captain Americlown perfectly, so...)

I think I like the ship event works better. Flying High once a day for 25 days on three accounts, and there's only the one reward to worry about.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    My son can't play right now because his computer needs more memory. My SIL runs into time constraints a lot and my grandson doesn't always get on and play. And I have two accounts.

I'm actually doing 8 runs. My SIL has all three Vorgon ships slotted now, my grandson had the carrier already slotted on a toon, so I'm doing two runs for him. My son only has this year's slotted and I have two accts, a Lifer and a F2P.

So, eight runs. And yes, I enjoy doing them.
    Fortunately, I'm not doing them for anyone else - my roommate won't fly anything besides his T6 Defiant - but I've got three accounts, so I'm doing Flying High three times here. On the other hand, I'm also running the Patriot event four times a day on CO (two toons on my main account, one each on the secondaries) because that works more like Lohlunat Favors - earn Patriot Tokens to buy things from the Patriot Store - and both Lady Liberty and Captain Americlown on the main account had some leftover Tokens from previous years. (The head wings look kind of ridiculous, but that fits Captain Americlown perfectly, so...)

I think I like the ship event works better. Flying High once a day for 25 days on three accounts, and there's only the one reward to worry about.

I like to experiment with different ships. I'm not stuck on just one. If that's the way your friend feels though, that's just fine. Everyone is different and diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks and all.

I'm kind of interested in this ship and it's unique weapon placement. I even think it looks nice. Others think it's fugly, and that's their opinion. Mine is that I think ships are all unique and none are really fugly.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Isn’t the 5 to represent the team?
    What team? If you're flying with an actual team to carry you, it doesn't matter how many DPSes you have. I'm talking about what it takes to get it done without anyone carrying you.
    The way I read your numbers is how much you need to do to run the mission solo with everyone else doing zero DPS or warping out. The 5 team is how much each member needs to do each to run the mission without anyone carrying anyone. Although I still think that's a bit on the low side as it doesn't allow for mistakes, borg healing or wasted DPS. 20k DPS each seems a bit more realistic.

The other way to look at it is you only need to do 10k to 20k extra DPS per person you carry.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Although I still think that's a bit on the low side as it doesn't allow for mistakes, borg healing or wasted DPS. 20k DPS each seems a bit more realistic.

The other way to look at it is you only need to do 10k to 20k extra DPS per person you carry.

This seems realistic to me. 20k is the new 10k.

I think a lot of people would be surprised by how easy it really is to hit that mark, most of the more educated but non parsing players are already hitting that mark with ease rather they know it or not.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »
    Dreadnought turret boat sounds like a fun setup for this... 5 rainbow heavy turrets on the back, wide arc/single cannons on the front (or torpedo) or a minelayer/turretboat

Turn is a bit low, but I've made the bort t5/vo'quv hit 30 to 40 degree turn constantly so this should be no different

My plan for it though is to recreate my 'stinger' build - which involved the reverse tbr (from the doff)to grab and drag the enemy behind my ship while throwing shockwaves, web mines, heavy tachyon mine, ewp and all manner of pain to the aft

I made an Orb Weaver like that once. Because of your (almost always) forward momentum, R-TBR tends to drag your foes behind you, for maximum torp/mine carnage.

Still, IMHO, best way to dealing with the Hur'q getting behind you, is to bring a Pilot ship. They swarm behind you, I press my magic retro-rockets, and it's like "Two can play at that game! Didn't see that coming, did ya!?" :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Dreadnought turret boat sounds like a fun setup for this... 5 rainbow heavy turrets on the back, wide arc/single cannons on the front (or torpedo) or a minelayer/turretboat

Turn is a bit low, but I've made the bort t5/vo'quv hit 30 to 40 degree turn constantly so this should be no different

My plan for it though is to recreate my 'stinger' build - which involved the reverse tbr (from the doff)to grab and drag the enemy behind my ship while throwing shockwaves, web mines, heavy tachyon mine, ewp and all manner of pain to the aft

I made an Orb Weaver like that once. Because of your (almost always) forward momentum, R-TBR tends to drag your foes behind you, for maximum torp/mine carnage.

Still, IMHO, best way to dealing with the Hur'q getting behind you, is to bring a Pilot ship. They swarm behind you, I press my magic retro-rockets, and it's like "Two can play at that game! Didn't see that coming, did ya!?" :)

Bah, in the swarm, that's to much work. Just pop tac team 1 and brace for impact and kite them in to the tractor beam mines.

The main thing I noticed here, is a lot of people are using anchored. Yet... they park in the most useless areas. Like at the end of a lane, instead of toward the center.

Since one can pretty much go mine layer with this ship. Might not be a bad idea to look in that direction as well. Which I can think of one console to help here. But you can't equip on the vorgon ship(even though it is technically a Risian ship, since it comes from the Lohlunat), and that would be the draw the enemies to you one from the Luxury Liner.

If I could equip that one console on this ship, I could have so much fun with it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited July 2018
    trennan wrote: »
    “The main thing I noticed here, is a lot of people are using anchored. Yet... they park in the most useless areas. Like at the end of a lane, instead of toward the center.”
    Perhaps it depends on build but I do not understand your reasoning as that seems far less effective. The end of the lane isn’t most useless it’s the best area from my testing.

Once the ships are powered up I sit at the end of the lane dropping mines while not moving for the entire rest of the mission. With mines that’s seems the most effective place to be as you almost instantly wipe out the main waves as they warp in before they get chance to spread apart while covering the entire lane. If you sit further back you are far less effective and the enemy stay alive longer plus spread apart.

I still don’t understand the comment “Since one can pretty much go mine layer with this ship.” As you cannot at least not if you want a decent mine layer. As mine layers go its looks to be one of the worst ships in game of that tier. It can be made to work for fun but it’s no more viable for mine layers than any other ship. It just seems like a subpar ship for mines.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    “The main thing I noticed here, is a lot of people are using anchored. Yet... they park in the most useless areas. Like at the end of a lane, instead of toward the center.”
    Perhaps it depends on build but I do not understand your reasoning as that seems far less effective. The end of the lane isn’t most useless it’s the best area from my testing.

Once the ships are powered up I sit at the end of the lane dropping mines while not moving for the entire rest of the mission. With mines that’s seems the most effective place to be as you almost instantly wipe out the main waves as they warp in before they get chance to spread apart while covering the entire lane. If you sit further back you are far less effective and the enemy stay alive longer plus spread apart.

I still don’t understand the comment “Since one can pretty much go mine layer with this ship.” As you cannot at least not if you want a decent mine layer. As mine layers go its looks to be one of the worst ships in game of that tier. It can be made to work for fun but it’s no more viable for mine layers than any other ship. It just seems like a subpar ship for mines.

Well, for one, the range on the tractor mines. With this, they're focused mainly on the center of each lane. Since the hur'q spawn in at the end of the lane, as well as back toward where the freighters begin their run. So, more center situated would allow one to get both those groups, not just the one.

Second, being at the end of the lane, also means you're out of range to activate the satellite, thus if no one is actively doing this, you're not going to have them to begin with. Not that you need them, this is a super easy queue to begin with.

Granted, that the group back near where the freighters start doesn't spawn in as often as the end lane one does. If I were Cryptic, to offer a bit more challenge here, I'd have both of these groups spawning at the same time, every time. I'd also knock 5 seconds, 10 seconds max, of the cool down for how often an assembly can crank out a group of swarmers. I'd also return to being able to target the energy nullifiers. This means the player has to have target awareness, again, adding to the challenge.

Right now, as it is, it's little more than just a pewfest, with some things added to make it easier than it should be.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited July 2018

Well, for one, the range on the tractor mines. With this, they're focused mainly on the center of each lane. Since the hur'q spawn in at the end of the lane, as well as back toward where the freighters begin their run. So, more center situated would allow one to get both those groups, not just the one.

Second, being at the end of the lane, also means you're out of range to activate the satellite, thus if no one is actively doing this, you're not going to have them to begin with. Not that you need them, this is a super easy queue to begin with.

Granted, that the group back near where the freighters start doesn't spawn in as often as the end lane one does. If I were Cryptic, to offer a bit more challenge here, I'd have both of these groups spawning at the same time, every time. I'd also knock 5 seconds, 10 seconds max, of the cool down for how often an assembly can crank out a group of swarmers. I'd also return to being able to target the energy nullifiers. This means the player has to have target awareness, again, adding to the challenge.

Right now, as it is, it's little more than just a pewfest, with some things added to make it easier than it should be.
    The way I see it is the big hur'q spawn is at the end of the lane while the start of the lane is a tiny spawn that doesn’t appear as often. So if I park at the end of lane and drop mines I am in the perfect spot to kill the big spawn the instant they warp in even on advance they barely last a few seconds. If I move further back the big spawn is much harder to deal with and take much longer to kill.

Now I am not saying this applies to every build but I personally found sitting at the end the best place to be, not useless. A decent mine layer boat seems to be best at the end of the lanes. Drop the mine field while there are no hur'q and watch the large hur'q spawn warp into 20+ mines and instantly die. Even a torpedo or FaW boat cannot match this kind of spike damage to the large spawn.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

the rom pilot ships are perfect for this stf, not only they have the magic pilot manoeuvers + you can use also singularity jump; bye bye
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited July 2018

My swarm balletics in a pilot ship are pretty fun as I use that pilot power that allows you to turn while moving in the original direction

Grab a load of swarmers behind my ship, hit it and while spewing ewp (or the pilot version) turn 180 and light them up with fore weapon fire and a grav well (makes aiming auxhilary warp cores easier too, as well as that singularity bomb that will pull pursuers away)

Its amazing for flanking attacks - activate, turn after passing and hammer the rear arc before turning to the original direction in one flowing action full of style

Or for ultra speed escapes, boost forward and hit the power as the ships bursting forward - effectively giving you an impulse cell console every 15s as it locks your speed on activation for 10s - and as a bonus makes your turning circle zero so with skill you could leave a parting ds9 mine present while zooming away

As to mining on swarm, I tend to drop web mines and plasma, acetons (good lord, thay are amazing for swarm bullying if you drop them right) then pull back to 8km, wait and load up a hyt chroniton cluster - launching the tric cluster, the adv hty chroniton cluster before spitting out a grav well and liberally pelting with rom hypers and a har'pengh

Hard targets get a kinetic magnet and a parting gifted tractor beam, everything else just dies horribly in a maelstrom of mines and torpedos
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    potasssium wrote: »
    Would it be daft to use Cluster Torpedoes Aft? Breen & Vaudwaur.

I was thinking this on page 3 but nobody said anything so I figured it was really bad.
    nimbull wrote: »

The idea was to reduce weapon power use to allow for more shield, engine, and aux power. Tractor mines to lock something down along with web mines while the clusters do their thing. Front arc could spam plasma torpedoes like a machine gun.

I put Breen cluster torpedoes in the rear more often than in the front. Their very long cooldown is a waste of forward mounts but good for when you end an attack run and turn away or overrun the target (in fact, with the arming cycle the mines tend to attack the shield you just knocked down in the pass in an overrun).

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator

Nice. I mostly fly cruisers so I just make 'em eat Warp Plasma. Kite 'em for a bit, Dump Warp Plasma, get some distance, then turn for a full broadside while they're choking.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    My Martok cruiser just FAW/Kemos the little buggers down when they pile up on the backside.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
    I still love my 'silly' turret boat for fighting Hur'q.

I just get a kick out of watching them swarm my rear flank when all 8 of my weapons can still hit them. The Hur'q use a tactic of clustering a high number of low hp swarms together, they're the perfect target for a turret boat with scatter volley. I pretty much only play that ship in Hur'q queues, but man is it ever cool to watch. :smiley:
    The way I read your numbers is how much you need to do to run the mission solo with everyone else doing zero DPS or warping out.
    Yes, I realize it was perhaps being a little generous to assume that no rando will take actions that are outright harmful that will require even more deeps on your part to clean up, but let's just assume that the average pugtard will merely be useless as opposed to malicious. I haven't actually seen THAT many trolls.
    It doesn't seem fair to assume the average team mate will be useless in a Pug. While it can happen in my experience an entire team of useless pugs is very rare. If 2 teammates are useless and two other team member are ok doing 30k each you only need to do 30k yourself and ISA should be easy to do. Then again I can see why you build for worse case just for those rare times the entire team is poor.
    edited July 2018
    The way I read your numbers is how much you need to do to run the mission solo with everyone else doing zero DPS or warping out.
    Yes, I realize it was perhaps being a little generous to assume that no rando will take actions that are outright harmful that will require even more deeps on your part to clean up, but let's just assume that the average pugtard will merely be useless as opposed to malicious. I haven't actually seen THAT many trolls.
    It doesn't seem fair to assume the average team mate will be useless in a Pug. While it can happen in my experience an entire team of useless pugs is very rare. If 2 teammates are useless and two other team member are ok doing 30k each you only need to do 30k yourself and ISA should be easy to do. Then again I can see why you build for worse case just for those rare times the entire team is poor.

My experience has mirrored yours. I have rarely had more then one team member that was significantly below the average. Actually, I have had pretty good luck in public queues over the last several months. I still don't pug as much as I used to, but when I have it actually hasn't been all that bad.

Honestly, all I want from my team mates is that they have a somewhat sensible build and that they try. I don't set the bar particularly high because I know I am in a public queue.. but honestly, it hasn't been that bad lately.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Timberwolf Brent Justice invested a good deal of resources to requisition the ship for this first impressions video (as in the ship itself being tested as delivered). Perhaps of greatest interest is just how the SIF Inverter works: it borrows half your current health (it's returned over ten seconds) to deal radiation damage over a similar period to the target (this radiation damage scales with the numeric value of your health consumed to fuel it), making it perhaps the only example ingame of Cast from HP.

A thematic build for this is actually very easy, with inspiration coming from TW's Xyfius build. Some specific differences:

• resonating-tetryon arrays (4): 'The New Link';
    • Sol Defense set (impulse/shield/deflector): 'Midnight';
    • Krenim Temporal Manipulations set (warp core/console/omni-beam): 'Butterfly';
    • tetryon tac consoles: 'The Renegeade's Regret';
    • chroniton torpedoes (2): Temporal Defense and GTF daily/hourly boxes can drop these, or you can craft/buy the basic variety;
    • second tetryon omni: craft/buy
    Post edited by shadowfirefly00 on
    That's a very interesting build. Something like what I had in mind.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Good to know. It's been noted elsewhere that the 3/5 layout suggests mines (whose speed is boosted by the full Vorgon console set bonus), but the ship isn't agile enough (8 deg./sec. turn rate) to make good use of them itself (but its attendant Echentises more or less have that covered).

Hardware aside, there is the matter of the LTC universal station. 2x LTC science (or science and temporal) comes to mind, which makes an argument for using Quantum Phase Applications instead of Sol Defense (note: hangar cycling is helped by aux power level).

The starship trait (SIF Burst) does seem a mismatch, given its requirements (Hur'q aside). On the other tendril, it seems appropriate for an escort, which is likely going to need to use a hull heal as it's passing through that 3km bubble around the target...

Earlier, I'd wondered how this ship could be considered a dreadnought given its size. Turns out I'd overlooked the in-universe justification: the ships are 27th-century designs (reference; note also Daniels' comments in 'Vorgon Conclusions'), so it's not unreasonable that they could field a dreadnought-type ship which is smaller than ones we're familiar with. In fact, here's an image of one in proximity to a Defiant-class...

28158610827_492763262d_o.jpg
    edited July 2018
    Good to know. It's been noted elsewhere that the 3/5 layout suggests mines (whose speed is boosted by the full Vorgon console set bonus), but the ship isn't agile enough (8 deg./sec. turn rate) to make good use of them itself (but its attendant Echentises more or less have that covered).

Hardware aside, there is the matter of the LTC universal station. 2x LTC science (or science and temporal) comes to mind, which makes an argument for using Quantum Phase Applications instead of Sol Defense (note: hangar cycling is helped by aux power level).

The starship trait (SIF Burst) does seem a mismatch, given its requirements (Hur'q aside). On the other tendril, it seems appropriate for an escort, which is likely going to need to use a hull heal as it's passing through that 3km bubble around the target...

Earlier, I'd wondered how this ship could be considered a dreadnought given its size. Turns out I'd overlooked the in-universe justification: the ships are 27th-century designs (reference; note also Daniels' comments in 'Vorgon Conclusions'), so it's not unreasonable that they could field a dreadnought-type ship which is smaller than ones we're familiar with. In fact, here's an image of one in proximity to a Defiant-class...

28158610827_492763262d_o.jpg
    Why do so many people say that when 3/5 doesn’t suggest mines at all? So far there have been zero mine builds that benefit from 3/5. In fact so far I have not seen any decent builds that benefit from 3/5. All the builds posted have been to work around the rear slot limitation not to benefit from 5 rear slots.
    So? We want to have fun with it. So it won't be a DPS monster or even a passable mine boat in your opinion. But your opinion is your opinion and not the opinion of everyone else.

My opinion is that it's a free ship, it doesn't look half bad and will probably still work just fine for anything the game has to offer.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Given its size and the NPC weapon setup of 3/2 (yes NPC not player) it would've made more sense as a science ship.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I was honestly expecting a science ship myself too. I mean it wouldn't be the first time an NPC ship as a different classification from the Player variant. Look at the Krenim Science Ship. The NPC one is a Battleship, while the Player one is a Science Ship.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    I'd say typo. Though that doesn't excuse that it's a completely new ship from the Vorgon Carrier PC got last year! I wanted the carrier! Not some Babylon 5 White Knight reject design! There's not enough tables in the world to flip!

I think you mean "White Star".
    edited July 2018
    So? We want to have fun with it. So it won't be a DPS monster or even a passable mine boat in your opinion. But your opinion is your opinion and not the opinion of everyone else.

My opinion is that it's a free ship, it doesn't look half bad and will probably still work just fine for anything the game has to offer.
    Not sure why you are so fixated on DPS, I am not talking about that and I don’t have any problem with people flying a ship for fun. What I am trying to do is A: come with a new fun build that benefits from 5 rear slots. Something that no one else seemed to have manged to do either. B: understand why people keep suggesting it’s a mine boat when it looks to be one of the worst ships in game for mines. Which is anything but a mine boat.

To me saying its suggests a mine boat is like taking a cruiser without sci slots, without sci seating and without sci 2nd deflator and suggesting the cruiser is a sci boat. So I am trying to understand why people who think it suggests a mine boat are coming to such a very strange conclusion considering its massive limitations towards being a mine boat.

Surely there is some sort of reason why people are suggesting its for mines. I just do not see the benefit and those of you who keep saying so are refusing to explain. Well I am aware of the set bonus and pet those alone still leave it functioning very poorly with mines and it was being called a mine boat before we know about the set. Why is it being suggested its a mine boat just because it has 3/5 slots when mine boats do not work well in 3/5 configurations?

Its clear you are happy just fitting a standard build that works the same on a 4/4 or 5/3 ship but I want to fit something that benefits and makes use from 3/5 weapon slots and is fun. I also like to use mines but when doing that this ship looks to be right near the bottom of the list of decent choices.

“But your opinion is your opinion and not the opinion of everyone else.”
    What I said is not an opinion it’s a fact based on facts. It might get disproven if someone comes up with something very creative but right now, no one else has managed to disprove it and I have tried hard myself and failed.

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User

Not sure why you are so fixated on DPS, I am not talking about that and I don’t have any problem with people flying a ship for fun. What I am trying to do is A: come with a new fun build that benefits from 5 rear slots. Something that no one else seemed to have manged to do either. B: understand why people keep suggesting it’s a mine boat when it looks to be one of the worst ships in game for mines. Which is anything but a mine boat.

Mines can only be slotted in aft (even the new rep mine, that deploys mines in your forward arc). So, I can understand why ppl think 'mine boat.' Thing just is, it may be possible to make a mine boat out of this, but will it be better than a regular build? Since the ship offers no meaningful mine ability station seats, I say it's almost guaranteed 'fail' as a mine ship. (A high DPS-er, like you, could probably out-perform me in one, with me flying something else; but that won't be proof that it's a good mine ship: just that you're a better pilot)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.