test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone noticing that the enemy keeps mega critting?

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I think I mentioned I was on Normal, but if not, I just did.

There is, also, a NPC level scaling problem. I am not sure if it is fixed, yet.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13390075

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Been awhile since I did Procyon 5 (I play normal all the time), But I don't remember ever getting obliterated. I remember losing some hull once in awhile, but had plenty of heals.

Sounds like the bug they're mentioning in here.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I'm in the Battle of Procyon mission now, I just left the ship sitting there, there's no point in even trying, I'm obliterated the second I respawn.

Game is unplayable like this. If it's a bug, it needs immediate attention.

Procyon is one of the harder missions in that arc but shouldn't be anything like what you're describing.

How well geared are you? Mark XII's? XIV? better?

I might give it a try here in a few and see if I notice anything, I haven't played it in a while, might be fun.

Most of the gear is MkXII, but there's still a couple of MkXIs in the mix. Excluding the weapons, she's equipped with:

Assimilated Deflector Array MkXI
    Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines Mk XI
    Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core (no Mk)
    Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array MkXII

House Martok Defensive Configuration MkXII
    Zero Point Energy Conduit (no Mk)
    Field Emitter MkXII (white quality, alas)
    Trellium-D Plating MkXII (from the mission I just did)
    Temporal Disentanglement Suite MkXII
    Assimilated Module (no Mk)
    Harmonic Resonance Relay MkXII
    2x Disruptor Induction Coil MkXI (blue quality)

She's a BortaS Tier 5 ship, armed with dual disruptor cannons, disruptor turrets, transphasic torpedoes and the Breen cluster torp.

Well I've heard the BortaS is....not good in another thread (something about the GREAT BETRAYAL by Cryptic), but anyway:

Go take your Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core, Zero Point Energy Conduit, and Assimilated Module and right click and select "Upgrade" and they will instantly become Mk XII and have better stats. Your Assimilated Deflector and Engines are XI, so I'm assuming like me, most of your Borg sets were the old rep(or before the rep...), and when the rep first happened they had 3 different ranks and then realized that was stupid and made everything XII....(I've not bothered with them since every rep after pretty much became experiments on loadouts for my main). I also feel like the Zero Point Energy Conduit is pointless without one of the Romulan space weapons for set bonus since you only use disruptor. You might want to look into a Rep Warp Core, Fleet, Or mission instead of the Obelisk...And Getting MkXII versions of your Borg stuff is maybe cheaper using the Rep instead of upgrading depending on your funds/time...

You might want to consider replaying the mission that has the Harmonic Resonance weapons, since you have the console, The Torpedo is Tranphasic, and cannon/beam are Disruptor based. And have set bonuses that might help:
    2 set: +3.5 Weapon Power,
    Increases the Resonance Disruptive Wave damage by 15%,
    3 set: Harmonic Firing Enhancement Matrix <Clickable Ability
    Apply a stacking 4% Firing Cycle Haste for Energy Weapons buff to self every second, up to 10 stacks
    Being hit grants a stack (max 1 per second)
    At 10 stacks: +15% Bonus Damage

The same can be said about the House of Martock Defensive Configuration, you have that, so that means that character has played the mission which is later in storyline than Procylon, so replay the mission and get the Tranphasic Torp, and since you seem to be into Turrets and Cannons that leaves out the 360º Omni Beam Disruptor weapon but you'll miss out on the 3 set.
    Set 2: Precision Instruments
    +2.5% Critical Chance
    +15 Accuracy Rating
    Set 3: Explosive Shearing Torpedo Modification
    Special Torpedo Modes (High Yield, Spread, Transport Warhead) launched from this weapon leave behind a -20 damage resistance debuff on their target for 6 sec

Those will let you drop the Field Emitter and your Zero Point Energy Conduit, and you can replace with a defensive console, or turn rate,

If you have the Undine Rep to Tier 1, you can get the
    Console - Universal - Hydrodynamics Compensator
    +3 Engine Power Setting
    +3 Auxiliary Power Setting
    +17.3 Starship Weapon Accuracy
    (Improves Weapon Chance to Hit)
    +23.1% Flight Turn Rate

Terran Rep Console - Universal - Ferrofluid Hydraulic Assembly :
    +9.9% Maximum Hit Points
    +3 Weapon Power Setting
    +3 Auxiliary Power Setting
    -.5 Sec Shared Torpedo Recharge Time
    (2 set bonus with Terran Task Force Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannon or Terran Task Force Beam Array: +13.3% Projectile Weapon Damage , but 3 set uses a Photon Torpedo)

or the Delta Rep:
    Console - Universal - Bio-Neural Gel Pack
    +2 Power to all subsystems
    +19.8 Starship Shield Capacity
    (Improves Shield Hit Points)
    +7% Cooldown reduction on Bridge officer Abilities

On another note doing some missions with my Jem'Hadar did seem to be harder for some enemy types, and ships. In part to the scaling and them using more powers like players now. And yes the Nak'hul, Vorgons, and some others became quite a pain to fight that didn't really before.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Been awhile since I did Procyon 5 (I play normal all the time), But I don't remember ever getting obliterated. I remember losing some hull once in awhile, but had plenty of heals.

Haven't done the Battle of Proctologist V in a while either (way before VIL, at least). It's always been on the tough side, but doable. As for that green cone attack mentioned earlier ('Oh no, you did not shoot that green sh*t at me!'), you're supposed to make like a tree and leave when that thing is on you. So, that can be attributed to Pilot error.

Queues are definitely weird, though, these days. I can fly into a CCA, on my Jem, and get pummeled to death before I even arrive at the Entity, or come in blazing, and win the day, with not a scratch on me. Since it's all so random/vague, the cynic in me says Cryptic will merrily leave it all broken, and never even spend an hour investigating. Yeah. Remember how they were going to fix the 'warp-out' bug in the TZ? Still waiting for that.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I'm in the Battle of Procyon mission now, I just left the ship sitting there, there's no point in even trying, I'm obliterated the second I respawn.

Game is unplayable like this. If it's a bug, it needs immediate attention.

Procyon is one of the harder missions in that arc but shouldn't be anything like what you're describing.

How well geared are you? Mark XII's? XIV? better?

I might give it a try here in a few and see if I notice anything, I haven't played it in a while, might be fun.

Most of the gear is MkXII, but there's still a couple of MkXIs in the mix. Excluding the weapons, she's equipped with:

Assimilated Deflector Array MkXI
    Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines Mk XI
    Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core (no Mk)
    Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array MkXII

House Martok Defensive Configuration MkXII
    Zero Point Energy Conduit (no Mk)
    Field Emitter MkXII (white quality, alas)
    Trellium-D Plating MkXII (from the mission I just did)
    Temporal Disentanglement Suite MkXII
    Assimilated Module (no Mk)
    Harmonic Resonance Relay MkXII
    2x Disruptor Induction Coil MkXI (blue quality)

She's a BortaS Tier 5 ship, armed with dual disruptor cannons, disruptor turrets, transphasic torpedoes and the Breen cluster torp.

Just as a 'quick fix,' if you're having that much problem then you should really just consider doing the easiest thing.. swap to beams, pick up some green/blue Technicians, convert it to an Aux2Bat beam boat and just cruise your way to victory. If you have the T6 Breen Raider, unlock it's trait (Cold Hearted) and slot that as it debuffs enemies when using Aux2Bat. Set up the best traits you have access to, maybe Improved Critical Systems from the Temporal Agent Event, The Best Defense from House Pegh, Cold Hearted, and whatever else you might find useful.

Fly in, activate attack pattern, power to weapons, fire at will, tac team, then hit Aux2Bat to lower your cooldowns.. rinse.. repeat. It's kind of simple I know.. but if you want to roll through missions, that will do it.

The Bort is a much better beam boat then it is a cannon boat. If you don't want to spend a ton, use some blue beams off the exchange, or grab some from the fleet store.

That's just what I would do, @kaggert27 also had some excellent advice.

As I said earlier, I played through the Procyon mission on my 'for fun' build just to see.. and I didn't see anything wrong at all. I took a ship with a non optimal build in there and still went through it pretty easily. You probably just need some adjustments to your build and you'll be just fine.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Ok, I wanted to try this because I haven't played this mission in a long time.

I ran the mission using my 'purely for fun' character. She's a Starfleet Engineer flying in a Fleet Jupiter Carrier. It's a cannon build on a Jupiter, and she uses Exotic damage even though she's an engineer not spec'ed into Science. Basically pull everyone with a Gravity Well, unleash cannons, use improved Tachyon Beam to keep shields up, hit them the occasional DRB, etc.

Not optimal by any means.. most people I know wouldn't even try and run cannons on a Jupiter, but I think it's fun. It's not super powerful, I wasn't going in with my main and obliterating everything.. still, I had no issue completing the mission. They got my hull down under 50% couple times, but never managed to come close to dropping me. The mission overall was pretty fun and I didn't see anything crazy. Ground was cake obviously, but the space part was pretty much as I remember it.
    Is that the mission your hull is constantly melting if you don't have the mission reward console equipped?

I would think the extra hp from flying a carrier would be more "effective" in this mission than whatever weapons you have equipped. I remember this mission being irritating for that reason alone when playing it in a raider.
    redvenge wrote: »
    Is that the mission your hull is constantly melting if you don't have the mission reward console equipped?

I would think the extra hp from flying a carrier would be more "effective" in this mission than whatever weapons you have equipped. I remember this mission being irritating for that reason alone when playing it in a raider.

You take damage in the Procyon system yes, but it's nothing that you need to equip anything to stop. I was taking like 3-4 pts of damage per tick. I am not sure exactly how it works, but it seemed to stop doing it a little ways into the mission. It's nothing an occasional heal can't fix.

Whatever the item is that stops that (I didn't know about it) I didn't have it equipped.
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »

Haven't done the Battle of Proctologist V in a while either (way before VIL, at least). It's always been on the tough side, but doable. As for that green cone attack mentioned earlier ('Oh no, you did not shoot that green sh*t at me!'), you're supposed to make like a tree and leave when that thing is on you. So, that can be attributed to Pilot error.

Queues are definitely weird, though, these days. I can fly into a CCA, on my Jem, and get pummeled to death before I even arrive at the Entity, or come in blazing, and win the day, with not a scratch on me. Since it's all so random/vague, the cynic in me says Cryptic will merrily leave it all broken, and never even spend an hour investigating. Yeah. Remember how they were going to fix the 'warp-out' bug in the TZ? Still waiting for that.

Yeah, I remember that green goo. It reminded me of that cone attack of the Na'Kuhl. You definitely need to get out of that cone before it fires if it's targeting you.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    So far I've not kicked anything conclusive up on my end of testing. The big issue that I've ran into is that so far there is no way for me to tell how much could be attributed to insufficient gear/piloting, and how much can be attributed to a bug or possible scaling issues. In terms of just pure numbers a ship in all mk xii very rare gear will have a much more difficult time at eating hits and dishing damage than a ship in all mk xv epics because stat increases are fairly significant. Take a mk xii shield that has say 12k capacity. At level 60 that may have been enough for the missions you do, but now that shield has an extra 5 levels of damage to contend with which can potentially cause it to lag behind if it doesn't get upgraded. Then there's the overall boff setup the player is using in addition to skills, specs, and piloting that has to be taken into account as well as all play a part in your combat effectiveness in game.

For those who are experienced with reading combat logs the biggest thing we need right now is raw combat data to try to determine if there is a legitimate issue or not. For everyone who knows how to do a parse what needs to happen is we need you to run a combat log in the missions you seem to be noticing these mega crits the most. If you notice a mega crit then save that raw combat log file and get it posted up somewhere that we can access it. Once you post up the combat log there's a few more things that will be needed. State the mission you were in and the difficulty you were on when you noticed the crit. Finally post up a copy of your ship's build, your skills, specs used, traits etc, so we can see what you're using. By having the logs, knowing what mission and difficulty you played on, as well as having a copy of the build you used, it will allow a thorough examination of what's going. This will allow all bases to be covered. Right now the biggest thing we need is raw data to comb through.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    I don't get it.... this whole thread is an issue to me. It is an affront to a player. You are in essence saying "Coddle me because i am not as good as I thought i was and you are breaking me out of my fantasy of being Kirk 2.0."

Doesn't any of this offend you as a player? No as a gamer. No as a fan? You shouldn't be able to face roll everything you come into contact with.

THE SAME AS YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT PVP'ERS TAKING FUN AND USEFUL THINGS FROM PVE YOU SHOULDN'T TRY TO TAKE THIS AWAY FROM OTHER PLAYERS. People living in glass houses really should stop throwing stones.

Personally, I enjoy challenges. I don't enjoy the boring and the morning coffee game play players seem to laud.

Try it, literally you can play this game on the hardest difficulty, sip coffee, and read a newspaper and do most if not all the challenges and not even scratch the faintest faintest whiff of death.

Once, just once i got shot down on my vanguard and that raised an eyebrow. Is this going to be interesting? Nope. Total fluke. So now that they made the game a little tougher a little more realistic in comparison to the lore and now a hand full of players in this thread will now speak for the entire community. I find that level of narcissism to be weird. To think that just because you are saying something or you are feeling something then everyone must be feeling the same way.

And you know whats going to happen, five people are going to continue complaining about the same thing for days and days then they will pull the dreaded "Devs don't listen to the community" TRIBBLE, when literally thousands of players are not represented by a handful of people.

Literally if the devs listened to like the 20 or less players in this thread and in which maybe 4-5-6 are actually trying to have the damage nerfed that would be the most ridiculous thing in the world. Well then again that is exactly how our world works. 1% of the population controls the other 99%.

People have to stop being so unreasonable. Literally, for this long, you were able to cruise through and skate by with little to no skill, no builds, no traits, no tactics, and you thought you were gods gift to the universe. For Boldly you rode and surely the sto universe kowtowed to the mighty player.

Don't take it upon yourself to remove something that has made the game bearable to other players. In time you will get to this point to where you will see this game and you will miss all that interesting and exciting game-play. Most players ill speak of the times Borg cubes could one shot you with reverence and good tithes.

I'm saying let this go. You will in time get better. You will rise to the challenge. You will dominate in time. And you will be better for it. The game will be better for it, the community will be better for it. But this bug or fluke or challenge must stand for you to realize your flaws in you build and game play. You as a player can go forward, you will go forward, but the game cannot go back. Do not set us back when we have taken such a massive step forward in challenging and riveting game-play. You will regret it.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
    lasonio wrote: »
    I don't get it.... this whole thread is an issue to me. It is an affront to a player. You are in essence saying "Coddle me because i am not as good as I thought i was and you are breaking me out of my fantasy of being Kirk 2.0."

Doesn't any of this offend you as a player? No as a gamer. No as a fan? You shouldn't be able to face roll everything you come into contact with...

Maybe you missed the earlier stuff, but no one is saying anything like that. The concern is about abilities that suddenly do an amount of damage that can not be survived and it's done instantaneously with no chance to avoid. Such a thing is not a test of skill which is what you're advocating (admirably) in your post.

I have not really seen it outside of one time. I was flying in an Undine Red Alert, I was actually out of combat flying between groups with full health and shields and suddenly just exploded. I have no idea from what, just.. boom. It's the only time I have seen this, others have seen it more.

Such a thing is not a test of skill, I would never argue against your plea for a bit more of a challenge, but most of the people in this thread are talking about broken game mechanics, not shying away from a real fight.
    edited July 2018

Doesn't any of this offend you as a player? No as a gamer. No as a fan? You shouldn't be able to face roll everything you come into contact with...

Maybe you missed the earlier stuff, but no one is saying anything like that. The concern is about abilities that suddenly do an amount of damage that can not be survived and it's done instantaneously with no chance to avoid. Such a thing is not a test of skill which is what you're advocating (admirably) in your post.

I have not really seen it outside of one time. I was flying in an Undine Red Alert, I was actually out of combat flying between groups with full health and shields and suddenly just exploded. I have no idea from what, just.. boom. It's the only time I have seen this, others have seen it more.

Such a thing is not a test of skill, I would never argue against your plea for a bit more of a challenge, but most of the people in this thread are talking about broken game mechanics, not shying away from a real fight.

This.

Personally, I don't do games to 'test' myself. I do games to have fun and play through the story with as little combat as possible. Therefore I also do not do PvP.

Do I want PvP to leave? Do I want only Normal difficulty? No. I understand some players just want to test how far they can go and how well they can survive on harder difficulties. That isn't me. And no, I can't go to Elite, sip coffee and faceroll, or even not blow up. Does that bother me? No. I have fun playing Normal content and you have fun playing Elite. That's well and good. But not everyone can, or wants to, play Elite or even Advanced.

We just wanna have fun without stress cause RL is stressful enough. I don't need my games causing stress too.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User

Doesn't any of this offend you as a player? No as a gamer. No as a fan? You shouldn't be able to face roll everything you come into contact with.

THE SAME AS YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT PVP'ERS TAKING FUN AND USEFUL THINGS FROM PVE YOU SHOULDN'T TRY TO TAKE THIS AWAY FROM OTHER PLAYERS. People living in glass houses really should stop throwing stones.

Personally, I enjoy challenges. I don't enjoy the boring and the morning coffee game play players seem to laud.

Try it, literally you can play this game on the hardest difficulty, sip coffee, and read a newspaper and do most if not all the challenges and not even scratch the faintest faintest whiff of death.

Once, just once i got shot down on my vanguard and that raised an eyebrow. Is this going to be interesting? Nope. Total fluke. So now that they made the game a little tougher a little more realistic in comparison to the lore and now a hand full of players in this thread will now speak for the entire community. I find that level of narcissism to be weird. To think that just because you are saying something or you are feeling something then everyone must be feeling the same way.

And you know whats going to happen, five people are going to continue complaining about the same thing for days and days then they will pull the dreaded "Devs don't listen to the community" ****, when literally thousands of players are not represented by a handful of people.

Literally if the devs listened to like the 20 or less players in this thread and in which maybe 4-5-6 are actually trying to have the damage nerfed that would be the most ridiculous thing in the world. Well then again that is exactly how our world works. 1% of the population controls the other 99%.

People have to stop being so unreasonable. Literally, for this long, you were able to cruise through and skate by with little to no skill, no builds, no traits, no tactics, and you thought you were gods gift to the universe. For Boldly you rode and surely the sto universe kowtowed to the mighty player.

Don't take it upon yourself to remove something that has made the game bearable to other players. In time you will get to this point to where you will see this game and you will miss all that interesting and exciting game-play. Most players ill speak of the times Borg cubes could one shot you with reverence and good tithes.

I'm saying let this go. You will in time get better. You will rise to the challenge. You will dominate in time. And you will be better for it. The game will be better for it, the community will be better for it. But this bug or fluke or challenge must stand for you to realize your flaws in you build and game play. You as a player can go forward, you will go forward, but the game cannot go back. Do not set us back when we have taken such a massive step forward in challenging and riveting game-play. You will regret it.

There's entirely too much grandstanding going on in your post, along with a rather unhealthy dosage of self-aggrandizement. Tl;dr: "You all suck, and only I am competent!" Yeah, no.

Allow me to explain a few things. For one, what's good for the goose, isn't necessarily good for the gander. Aka, players aren't NPC's. The latter usually come with endless amounts of hull HP. The way players can deal with that -- raw fire power aside -- is crits. Players have like, what, 50-150k hull, max? If an NPC could crit the way a player can, everything would become unplayable overnight -- if for nothing else, because NPC's generally greatly outnumber us. So, the balance, as it should be, is usually fine: we can crit a lot, and NPC's only occasionally. Anything else would make (has made?) the game unreasonable. For two, if you had bothered to actually read what ppl have written, nobody is complaining about the general difficulty level increase (which inevitably came with ViL). That's all fine: after all, we scaled along with it. But it would seem there's a rather inordinate amount of mega-critting going on, the kind you cannot defend against. Yes, not even you.

And, actually, there's nothing wrong with players wanting to win. 'Steam-rolling' is another matter, perhaps, but, in general, yes, an MMO's optimum usually lies at the 'suspension of disbelief' point, where you feel you have to put in a decent effort, to get a fair sense of accomplishment, but not to the point where you're insta-killed by 380k hull hits, that you cannot ever defend against. After all, skill-based 'not-dying' requires the ability for your demise not to occur.

In short: the huge amount of mega-crits need to go/be rebalanced.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    that's happened to me twice in disconnected borg advanced: full shield, full hull -> 1 shot kill by the borg queen; no visuals to tell me what kind of attack destroyed me; sometimes also the undine ship can kill in 1 shot.
  • accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    [/quote]
    This.

Personally, I don't do games to 'test' myself. I do games to have fun and play through the story with as little combat as possible. Therefore I also do not do PvP.

Do I want PvP to leave? Do I want only Normal difficulty? No. I understand some players just want to test how far they can go and how well they can survive on harder difficulties. That isn't me. And no, I can't go to Elite, sip coffee and faceroll, or even not blow up. Does that bother me? No. I have fun playing Normal content and you have fun playing Elite. That's well and good. But not everyone can, or wants to, play Elite or even Advanced.

We just wanna have fun without stress cause RL is stressful enough. I don't need my games causing stress too.[/quote]

Very well said! Just a few examples of some over the top damage hits I've seen include NPC transphasic torpedoes. I had one do almost 70k damage to me on a single hit! I know from experience that, at least from MY standpoint, the transphasic is about the most useless torpedo in this game, second only to the chroniton torp. Not even in my wildest, fever-induced dreams would I see ANY of my torpedoes do that much damage on a crit. Another thing I've been noticing too (and I HAVE filed this in the bug section), is warp core breaches. Most of them will do WELL over 100k in damage. The bug though, is that my ship will suffer the breach damage LONG before the NPC ship actually explodes. I can't help but notice that when my own ship explodes, it doesn't cause ANY damage to nearby NPC ships. It just pushes them slightly out of the way.
    I have done that mission several times and honestly.. the damage always seemed so low that I never even worried about it.

I did skip the cut scenes last time I played it, so I am sure that helped. This last play though was with an Engineer that had plenty of heals, so I guess I just never really noticed the damage.

What's funny is I have done this mission on all my characters.. at least 8 or 9 times total and had no idea that you were supposed to equip a special console to avoid the damage. Shows how much attention I was paying. :smiley:
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Hardest challenge i'm experiencing from any NPC is the Tzenkethi battleships and their torpedo attacks 60% plus kinetic res and brace for impact doesn't appear to do very much they have become dam nasty.
    I used to before VIL have no issues with a tact in Tzenkethi Front Advanced going solo to a station taking out the defenders and dropping a bomb. I have no chance of that now. In fact i'm struggling to take a battleship down and obtain a bomb without being wiped out by those torp spreads. Back then i would have about 25% kinetic res
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    Thanks for the kind words, accord and reyan.

I was just giving my .02. I never play a game if it begins to cause stress to get through it. I always play on the lowest difficulty no matter what game it is and I could care less how the Nightmare difficulty players feel about it.

Some of us don't care about anything except having fun and playing out a story with as little difficulty as possible. I'm the president of that club *Chuckle*
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    You take damage in the Procyon system yes, but it's nothing that you need to equip anything to stop. I was taking like 3-4 pts of damage per tick. I am not sure exactly how it works, but it seemed to stop doing it a little ways into the mission. It's nothing an occasional heal can't fix.

Whatever the item is that stops that (I didn't know about it) I didn't have it equipped.
    The combination of melting hull and Temporal powers that ignored resistances made that mission a chore when playing a raider.

Of course, after everyone purchased their Temporal ships, Temporal powers were "re-balanced" and Physical Resistance was retroactively added to many consoles. I have not played that mission since the "rebalance" (because I did not like it) but I distinctly remember saying to myself "30,000 hull is not enough". I'm not in any hurry to replay it, but I am glad to hear it is less terrible.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    So... I just finished the mission that gave me the Preeminent gear set (four times, so I have all the bits).

What's the general opinion of this set? Someone was saying the Bajor set (from the next mission) is superior, but looking at the stats, I'm not convinced.

Any thoughts?

Preeminent is an alright set if u have a build focus on Tetryon (3-pice). The Bajoran set would focus on disruptor/phaser/plasma and one would only need 2 pieces to grab that bonus. So in short, what’s better depends on what you want to boost. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    This is almost hilarious.

Just look at what you are saying. Very few of you actually want to realize that the proper problem is you yourself. Because it's all about you, but it's not you. Riiiiiiiight.

You literally are saying "Hey, there is a problem, i can't do this anymore. I understand that you can do it still, but I can't do it so Dev's make it so i can do it again. I don't care what other players feel, i only care what I feel and I want to do what makes me happy, and I want you to weigh my opinion more then everyone else."

Even though there are players that are saying. "Hmm, since i am not having this issue in the slightest, I'm actually enjoying pressing a button every once and a while, then maybe it's your build and gear, let's change your build and gear so you can deal with the changes of ViL"

Some of you to your credit are willing to try it and most have good results, yet there is still that cell of you that are saying. "No, I don't want, can't, or refuse to change myself, because i'm awesome, look what i did up until now. Obviously, someone as great as me can't be wrong. The rest of you must be pay to win or something or no lifers that are dps TRIBBLE. I'm just a normal player that face rolls everything because i'm great. I want the game to change to make me happy to fit my narrative, because this is my safe space. MY world away from the world where i can be great. So don't change my safe space, my stress reliever because obviously you built your entire business model around how I feel great and how to keep threats and challenges to my happiness to a minimal. All praise be to me."

That's just insane. And that's what I've read so far from a few of you.

Everyone accepted it, evolved, changed and moved on.

Personally, I don't get shot down by npcs even on elite difficulty on my main or on my vanguard. So I don't believe there is anything wrong with the game. I just refuse to believe that even on a new toon that's just a few weeks old I can destroy everything I come in contact with and YOU cannot. I just really don't think I'm that special.

If I can do all the content on elite, i just don't understand how you can't do it on normal.

And the only answer is there is something wrong with your builds. And asking the dev's to hotfix or gut or nerf or whatever you want to call it is not the answer when you literally have to change a few small things with your build to survive the ViL era.

Like it or not the players telling you that it's you build is not wrong. You, the ones telling the devs to destroy what was enacted with the raising of the level cap and weapon levels and all that work, so you can have your mundane stress reliever back, are wrong.

Literally think about what you are saying. You want players to keep getting stronger and better but npcs to remain the same. So that eventually it will become press a button one shot everything, I win. Yeah that sounds exhilarating.

This conversation can be about anything you want it to be as long as it's not about devs going back and gutting the system.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    So... I just finished the mission that gave me the Preeminent gear set (four times, so I have all the bits).

What's the general opinion of this set? Someone was saying the Bajor set (from the next mission) is superior, but looking at the stats, I'm not convinced.

Any thoughts?

Preeminent is an alright set if u have a build focus on Tetryon (3-pice). The Bajoran set would focus on disruptor/phaser/plasma and one would only need 2 pieces to grab that bonus. So in short, what’s better depends on what you want to boost. :)

What makes this set better than Nukara 3 piece + Butterfly episode warp core for Tetryon?
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    What makes this set better than Nukara 3 piece + Butterfly episode warp core for Tetryon?

I found the 3 piece (+30% tetryon dmg) from the Incontrovertible Defenses set to give more than the +5% bonus dmg of the 2 piece Nukara Strikeforce Technologies set. Big downside though is the 10% bleed through of the shield of the first set.

I added the Krenim Temporal Manipulation 2 piece in form of console and omni. The 13% you get out of it for tetryon is rather small but the console is quite good and my respective build is a DBB setup where I needed an omni anyway.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
This discussion has been closed.