test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CBS all access.. beyon ST:D is it worth it?

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
just wondering if I want to sub or not
Spock.jpg

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Beyond the Star Trek Discovery curiosity, I did not find it worth it. Once I watched, did not renew after the free trial.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Suppose it depends on how you feel about access to just about all of CBS' back catalog. I mean, I know not everyone is as easily satisfied as I am with old episodes of Twilight Zone or The Carol Burnett Show...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    are they entire seasons or just like season 1-2. I liked the old Hawaii 50 and JAG
    Spock.jpg

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Apparently the entire back catalog. (Haven't checked it out personally yet, but that seems to be what the ad copy says...)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    They've also got another original show on the platform besides DSC, The Good Fight, which is a sequel series to the legal/political/family drama The Good Wife. And there's some good CBS original sci-fi on there that would be difficult to find elsewhere (thinking of Extant and Under the Dome, the latter an adaptation of a Stephen King novel).

So, depends on your tastes: other streaming services have many of the shows, especially Star Trek, but there's certain things you won't find elsewhere.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I was watching the original Mission:Impossible from 1960's...to fill out the remainder of the time on the free trial. Star Trek Discovery was on for an hour once a week.

But re-watching old TV shows didn't hook me to buy CBS All Access, month after month.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Just move to the civilised world and watch it on Netflix until it comes out on DVD.

We already have Netflix and Amazon, CBS should just dump all their programmes on one of them. But like every other American TV producer they're setting up their own to leach as much cash out of people as possible.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    I might bite just to have access to all the Star Treks in all the flavors
    Spock.jpg