test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[RISA] 2018 Risa Lohlunat Festival - Discussion

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    If there is any place I get disqualified it is coming off those multiple jumps in the final stretch. I do not know how people can do it with the new FASTER power boards.

I am using the Future Flier which is Elite.... and considering getting a power board the next step DOWN from that...until I can control it.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Eh, but then I have jumped onto dry land back there in the Grotto area...because of all those speed boosts and jutting curves and rocks. Over all...I totally suk at the races.

And, of course, that is what got added into the schedule for Risa this year. LOL!
    where2r1 wrote: »
    If there is any place I get disqualified it is coming off those multiple jumps in the final stretch. I do not know how people can do it with the new FASTER power boards.

I am using the Future Flier which is Elite.... and considering getting a power board the next step DOWN from that...until I can control it.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I sucked pretty bad at the races till I just kept running them. I still usually only finish, but that's fine with me. I'll take the two tags.

I have the mini-wooden board on my F2Ps and it gets them around the course. I created that acct after the FF came out so they don't get it.

Most of my others just use the FF, though most of them have other boards, usually the LLaP or Targ, or my Rom has the Rom board.

My DQs are usually tied to rubberbanding these days, I missed a gate I thought I got due to it yesterday.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »
    I sucked pretty bad at the races till I just kept running them. I still usually only finish, but that's fine with me. I'll take the two tags.

Yeah, that is what I need to do: keep repeating. I am not in it for tag collection, either. It is just fun, and different. Oh, and, obviously, a challenge to get right....at least, for me. LOL!

I do not know why....sometimes I can hear the audio for the races, and sometimes I can not.

This stuff:
    [10:31] Competitive racers, on your mark!
    [10:31] Get set!
    [10:31] Go!
    [10:31] You left the track! You are disqualified! <-- this had audio, this time. LOL!

I've only heard the audio at the race start and "Grab the flag at the end of the race" only once. I have not heard any audio since, not even the DQ audio.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited July 2018
    I can not figure out if "audio"/"lack of audio" is tied to the character I am running the race on....or the instance?? Intermittent issues...always a PITA to fault isolate.

I'm just glad they fixed the birds so they don't fly away into the stratosphere and not come back when they start following you.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • bradford#6535 bradford Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    ive tried for days now to figure out what to do on the hunt for artifacts and cant figure out what im supposed to do. I never find anything? any help
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    From what I can tell, that mission is just broken. There's supposed to be a scanner visual that appears on the ground that gives you a vague direction to go in, but it doesn't appear unless your camera is a very specific distance from the ground.
  • bradford#6535 bradford Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I see the direction but all it says is im closer that's it. nothing but that. aggravating.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Yeah the artifact run was half working for me. Most times I got "closer" with no indication of direction. Usually took about 3-4 tries before a graphic showed up. So glad I got all the favors I needed from the initial first two days of cheap under priced favors on the auction, dances, and horgon hunts.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    Yeah the artifact run was half working for me. Most times I got "closer" with no indication of direction. Usually took about 3-4 tries before a graphic showed up. So glad I got all the favors I needed from the initial first two days of cheap under priced favors on the auction, dances, and horgon hunts.

On thins, as I have mentioned, there are two ways I've hear people getting by it. Well, three if you just memorize all teh artifact spawn points. I'll post a link to a map at the end.

First off, is what I do. Which, has about a 85% rate of working. The missing 15% is mostly operator error. This is to get on your float and go up, generally to about the height of a palm tree, angle your camera down, and then scan. Height and facing can play a bit on this. Mainly though, the height.

The other is that some saying scrolling the camera out as far as you can works. I've tested this and it has about a 60% chance of working, on a rough estimate.

So neither are exactly perfect, but they do work.

And here you go, just memorize the circled areas on this map. This is every spawn point for the artifact hunt.

http://i.imgur.com/inz1bDo.jpg

Mm5NeXy.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    First off, is what I do. Which, has about a 85% rate of working. The missing 15% is mostly operator error. This is to get on your float and go up, generally to about the height of a palm tree, angle your camera down, and then scan. Height and facing can play a bit on this. Mainly though, the height.

The other is that some saying scrolling the camera out as far as you can works. I've tested this and it has about a 60% chance of working, on a rough estimate.
    And then there's the option of just ignoring the direction indicators, that were unreliable at best even when they were visible, and just use the "closer/further" hints to home in on the artifact.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Right... I'm doing something else. Working around bugs like that isn't fun.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
    warpangel wrote: »

And then there's the option of just ignoring the direction indicators, that were unreliable at best even when they were visible, and just use the "closer/further" hints to home in on the artifact.

This is what I do. I know where most of them spawn at, so I'll start out wherever I am when the hunt begins, move a bit and then start flying when I'm going in the right direction. As I go, I look around where I'm at and start heading for where I'm sure a spawn is, then switch if I get a 'cold' indicator. I've been finding them within a couple minutes doing that.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Stupid question. Why don't we make the summer festival on Casperia Prime? :D
  • zanibarzanibar Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Really isn't that hard. I start at the crater floating, after accepting mission and starting the activation for your starting point, use the split method for the direction you need to go. I usually face north and move a slight distance and scan. This will tell me whether it is North or South. Then I'll face West, move a slight distance and scan, which will tell me whether it is East or West. Using that information I head usually in a 45 degree direction of the two directions. Stop ever so often to take a scan until it says your heading further instead of closer and then head either of the original directions scanning to see which is closer. Follow that direction (Most are along the beachs) until you get a notification you found the prize. You might have to fine tune your search, but after doing these a bit, you will learn where the piles normally are located. I get the red search pattern on the ground at times when searching, but really don't use it for anything.
    Everyone will find a method which works for them. The one which works for me is as I outlined above. I'm pretty familiar with where the piles are located, so as long as I'm heading in the direction of one, I check others which are close by in my search line until I find it. Really, the closer/farther indicators work better for me than that red indicator, which only shows up if I'm way up in the air anyway and I prefer to stay closer to the ground.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    GRRRRrrrr....I am going to put my poor character out in orbit without a star ship, bouncing off of those "bumper rocks" in the middle of the Powerboard Races.

I know: Practice.

Don't you know? They're priming you to train for the new Klingon tactic. Grab your EV suit, take a walk out onto your BoP, hit the mag boots, and pilot the ship from the hull. Steer the ship using an alternating of Unusual dance emote, Snake dance emote, and Cupid dance emote. To fire weapons, use the Running Man dance. To barrel roll, use Zombie dance emote....You *do* have Zombie dance emote, don't you? *squints*

Admit it. Now you're picturing your Klingon doing this, and you want to make it happen.
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    GRRRRrrrr....I am going to put my poor character out in orbit without a star ship, bouncing off of those "bumper rocks" in the middle of the Powerboard Races.

I know: Practice.

Don't you know? They're priming you to train for the new Klingon tactic. Grab your EV suit, take a walk out onto your BoP, hit the mag boots, and pilot the ship from the hull. Steer the ship using an alternating of Unusual dance emote, Snake dance emote, and Cupid dance emote. To fire weapons, use the Running Man dance. To barrel roll, use Zombie dance emote....You *do* have Zombie dance emote, don't you? *squints*

Admit it. Now you're picturing your Klingon doing this, and you want to make it happen.

No, no. To fire weapons, it would have to be Unusual. We can save Running Man for the Starfleet retreat.

And if I character doesn't have the Zombie dance. Heart and Minds lands next week. So.. problem solved.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    And if I character doesn't have the Zombie dance. Heart and Minds lands next week. So.. problem solved.

Well...I know what I will be doing this upcoming Friday the 13th. None of my new Klingons have that Zombie Dance. LOL!

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Hearts and Minds is so over done, it was listed for THREE times this year, this first has already passed.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Hearts and Minds is so over done, it was listed for THREE times this year, this first has already passed.

It isn't a requirement. If it is not fun, don't do it. You will just have LESS stuff to do.

My point is they didn't need to do it that many times, they could try to think of something else instead of one of them at least.
    edited July 2018
    My point is they didn't need to do it that many times, they could try to think of something else instead of one of them at least.

Yes they do...I got 8 new characters to get that dance on. And the point is: It is not just about you. Even though YOU may be DONE with it...there are still people who want it for one reason or another.

edited July 2018
    I never said it was about me, it just makes no sense as it used to be during one month a year not three. And for your information when I said three I don't mean once with three days in a row, I meant the event happening within three separate months, of course there needs to be more than one day for the duration of the event. It used to be only intended for around Halloween, now they have it for Halloween, Friday the 13th, and one in April. You are getting to be unreasonably defensive over this and I also never said it was to do with me "being done with it".
    I never said it was about me, it just makes no sense as it used to be during one month a year not three. And for your information when I said three I don't mean once with three days in a row, I meant the event happening within three separate months, of course there needs to be more than one day for the duration of the event. It used to be only intended for around Halloween, now they have it for Halloween, Friday the 13th, and one in April. You are getting to be unreasonably defensive over this and I also never said it was to do with me "being done with it".

Yeah, they do it every Friday the 13th. Which, is a hat tip to the horror film genre. You know one of the most famous ones being, well, Friday the 13th.

For Halloween, there is also well, the Halloween movies.

So it's little homage to Jason Vorheez and Michel Meyers.

I do this one as I see fit, when I feel like it. It's no big thing as to how often they repeat it.

Plus, also consider, Hearts and Minds was created by a player in the Foundry, and has become an official event. It is the only one where this has happened. So, it's also a hat tip to that player every time it comes up.

Mm5NeXy.gif
    I do have a few who need to collect a Sibak clone. My ViLs and a couple newbies.

Will need to check all of them to see who doesn't have the zombie dance yet.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.