test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone noticing that the enemy keeps mega critting?

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @mrsinister82 said:
    > starswordc wrote: »
    >
    > > @mrsinister82 said:
    > > Invisi-torps again or not, i am finding public ques a literal misery once again.
    > > If they wanted to up the difficulty over all, then how about more elite ques????? I think the 300'000'000 DPS'ers need an Elite infected to do anyway after all.......
    > >
    > >
    > > Nice work cryptic.
    >
    > There ARE still elite queues, they're just not listed separately anymore: you use the drop-down menu with a chevron icon on it to select queue difficulty.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am thoroughly aware there is still elite ques.... Hence why i said in my post "HOW ABOUT >MORE< ELITE QUES"....
    > Im speaking about the ones without elite ques, such as infected and khit for example.
    > If they wanted to up the difficulty then do it properly, in the elite ques is my point.
    >
    > This ridiculous damage we are taking in even the normal difficulty setting is not only far too much, but is making it impossible to play the game.
    > It is broken, simple as... broken to sh*t.

Nothing is making the game impossible to play. Hyperbole helps no one.

That aside, I'm still not experiencing this "issue" in any way I've noticed.

Ok, perhaps i should word it a little better.

This issue, is making certain >parts< of the game >virtually< impossible. There we go, worded better now isnt it for you.

Now, so long as you are not a 150K dps machine with 4 other 150k dps machines, then it might be worth you actually checking what we are speaking about.

Say you need lukari containers and marks.
    Go into "the tzenkethi front", in a public que not with 150k dps team of 5, just in a average 30k dps ship with >random people<.
    Doesn't matter whether it is normal or advanced the same issue happens.

Condemnation without investigation is what?......

Go take a look.

The current crits from the NPC we experience do not exclude 150kers.

Nevertheless is seems to exclude white cryptic knights which on the other hand is to be expected. :D
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    > @mrsinister82 said:
    >
    > > @mrsinister82 said:
    > > Invisi-torps again or not, i am finding public ques a literal misery once again.
    > > If they wanted to up the difficulty over all, then how about more elite ques????? I think the 300'000'000 DPS'ers need an Elite infected to do anyway after all.......
    > >
    > >
    > > Nice work cryptic.
    >
    > There ARE still elite queues, they're just not listed separately anymore: you use the drop-down menu with a chevron icon on it to select queue difficulty.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am thoroughly aware there is still elite ques.... Hence why i said in my post "HOW ABOUT >MORE< ELITE QUES"....
    > Im speaking about the ones without elite ques, such as infected and khit for example.
    > If they wanted to up the difficulty then do it properly, in the elite ques is my point.
    >
    > This ridiculous damage we are taking in even the normal difficulty setting is not only far too much, but is making it impossible to play the game.

This issue, is making certain >parts< of the game >virtually< impossible. There we go, worded better now isnt it for you.

Now, so long as you are not a 150K dps machine with 4 other 150k dps machines, then it might be worth you actually checking what we are speaking about.

Go into "the tzenkethi front", in a public que not with 150k dps team of 5, just in a average 30k dps ship with >random people<.

Go take a look.

Tzenkethi BZ is a bad example, as it's always been >virtually< impossible to finish, regardless of crits.

Can't say I noticed any of the issue ppl are mentioning here, though; but I got curious now, and will do a FA or something when the server comes back online.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • blairbrianblairbrian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Let's just hope the Elachi are not affected, Elachi pre-nerf were evil (anyone around from Legacy of Romulus knows what I mean).

I have noticed they get more crit than before. But it's not too big of a change if you have a good deflector and good shields. Just stick and move. And boost your Auxiliary. A good shield hardness console from your fleet store works well against this too.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Tzenkethi BZ is a bad example, as it's always been >virtually< impossible to finish, regardless of crits.

Agreed, the only thing the TZ Battlezone serves as is a tutorial on how to make a terrible BZ that doesn't work.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    > @mrsinister82 said:
    >
    > > @mrsinister82 said:
    > >
    > >
    > > Nice work cryptic.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Go take a look.

Nevertheless is seems to exclude white cryptic knights which on the other hand is to be expected. :D

Yeah, i just do not think a well organized team of 5 high dps'ers will be quite as effected by this, not like the people who are just literally trying to build up new characters or their first characters in many cases.

To be completely frank about it, i think them lot on tribble testing these things need to drop the epic gear and the best of everything once in a while and do these scenarios in so called "budget mode", as though they are a person who has just hit level 50- 65 with their first character, with no zen ships, high end traits, lock box traits no nothing.
    It would of certainly stopped something like this slipping through.

The bottom line is that if its making people like me think its time to give STO a break yet again until this problem is solved, then how is it making a raw recruit feel on their first toon.
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    > @mrsinister82 said:
    >
    > > @mrsinister82 said:
    > >
    > >
    > > Nice work cryptic.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Go take a look.

Can't say I noticed any of the issue ppl are mentioning here, though; but I got curious now, and will do a FA or something when the server comes back online.

Its the tzenkethi front in the PvE ques i was using as the example.
    Anyone can zip in that que, even in a normal and in moments flat see the issue.

Anyway, lets leave it to the professionals.
    Because other than this crazy damage i have been noticing i think this is the best new season since new romulus and the best season ever. Hats off to the dev team on it over all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Oh by the way, I was hoping to encounter this issue, check the thread, I wanted the greater challenge; would have been happy to have run into this phenomenon.
    Honestly, there's no noticeable added challenge from it, you're just randomly and without warning hit by an absurd damage spike and die. Adjusting the AI to make it smarter so you have to think about your positioning and use of powers instead of mindlessly charging and pewpewing? That adds challenge.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    I finally saw some of this behavior tonight.

I was flying along in a Tholian Red Alert, I wasn't even in a fight.. I had just polished off one group and was flying toward the big ships.. I had full health and shield.. and boom.. respawn.

It was kinda funny.. but yeah, I see how that would get annoying if it happened all the time. This was the first time I had seen anything like that. I have never just had my ship blow up for no reason before. Usually, I do something stupid to get it blown up. :smiley:
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    Wonder if part of it is just npc scaling at level 65 in addition to occassional invisible stuff. Got the current endeavor, heal 200K hull, in less than 60 seconds in a normal red alert that had me pop emergency heals (dprm + protomatter + temporal negotiator) as well as all regular boff ability heals twice while somehow hanging at 10% hull (thank you 2 pc assim set) in a ship with over 100K hull. Maybe a boff was hurling insults at all npc's in the area?

Something about the amount of threat I generate seems different than before from alerts to queues. Perhaps it's the mainly Jem'hadar ships I've been flying lately and things don't like pets and gravity wells? It's very subjective. In an ISA with a very good tank on the team things felt more normal. No complaints as long as I can see or anticipate what's incoming. Current incoming usually feels like a fair bit more than before.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

Yeah, i just do not think a well organized team of 5 high dps'ers will be quite as effected by this, not like the people who are just literally trying to build up new characters or their first characters in many cases.

To be completely frank about it, i think them lot on tribble testing these things need to drop the epic gear and the best of everything once in a while and do these scenarios in so called "budget mode", as though they are a person who has just hit level 50- 65 with their first character, with no zen ships, high end traits, lock box traits no nothing.
    It would of certainly stopped something like this slipping through.

The bottom line is that if its making people like me think its time to give STO a break yet again until this problem is solved, then how is it making a raw recruit feel on their first toon.

Yep I fully agree with you. Between the scaling bug and now the random kinetic one shots the experience to bring the new Jem’toon in line was not as fun as a process as I had hoped for.

Hope cryptic finds some time to fix that.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    The easiest way to get a taste of some of this. Go play a shuttle mission like, The Best Defense in the Romulan arc, aka Atmosphere Assault, or the Vault. It's painful.

I've also noticed some weird damage going on. Not just from the NPCs, but from myself as well. I'll grant that the current character I'm working on isn't geared the best. Doesn't even have a full specialization yet, and I'm seeing some weird damage. For instance on one enemy, I'll be tagging up around 500-1000 damage per hit, and then on the next one I'll be lucky to hit 100 per.

So. other than the weird damage spikes, and the invisible one-hit wtf's. There also seems to be an issue in scaling, and the damage versus resistances. Everything just seems to be slightly off. As I said, sometimes on this new char, I'll go, "Wait, that one was awful squishy." and then on the next one, on a tab target, I'll be like, "What the hell is this thing made of?", and this in working my way through the Romulan Story arc.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    Oh by the way, I was hoping to encounter this issue, check the thread, I wanted the greater challenge; would have been happy to have run into this phenomenon.
    Honestly, there's no noticeable added challenge from it, you're just randomly and without warning hit by an absurd damage spike and die. Adjusting the AI to make it smarter so you have to think about your positioning and use of powers instead of mindlessly charging and pewpewing? That adds challenge.

Ah but much like figuring out how to work around a keyboard with a broken D button in STO combat is a kind of challenge, prospering despite a bug would give me the same sense of accomplishment. Though for me to consider it absurd damage would require it to be beyond the ability of players to achieve, and so far as I can tell it isn't.

Realistically, I'm pretty sure 166k damage from one hit is beyond the ability of most players to achieve.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    There was another thread going on about this.... let me see if I can find it.

Here it is: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1241723/anyone-noticing-that-the-enemy-keeps-mega-critting/p1

There may be some hints in there....I quit reading it since it got so long.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    pIWTn8y.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yeah we already had a thread about this look for something with "megacrit" in the name.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Check your profile, the mod moved it to another similar thread.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    And again...

pIWTn8y.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    I'm in the Battle of Procyon mission now, I just left the ship sitting there, there's no point in even trying, I'm obliterated the second I respawn.

Game is unplayable like this. If it's a bug, it needs immediate attention.

Procyon is one of the harder missions in that arc but shouldn't be anything like what you're describing.

How well geared are you? Mark XII's? XIV? better?

I might give it a try here in a few and see if I notice anything, I haven't played it in a while, might be fun.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I hate how that is one of the last four missions of the arc which cannot be skipped.
    edited July 2018
    I'm in the Battle of Procyon mission now, I just left the ship sitting there, there's no point in even trying, I'm obliterated the second I respawn.

Game is unplayable like this. If it's a bug, it needs immediate attention.

Ok, I wanted to try this because I haven't played this mission in a long time.

I ran the mission using my 'purely for fun' character. She's a Starfleet Engineer flying in a Fleet Jupiter Carrier. It's a cannon build on a Jupiter, and she uses Exotic damage even though she's an engineer not spec'ed into Science. Basically pull everyone with a Gravity Well, unleash cannons, use improved Tachyon Beam to keep shields up, hit them the occasional DRB, etc.

Not optimal by any means.. most people I know wouldn't even try and run cannons on a Jupiter, but I think it's fun. It's not super powerful, I wasn't going in with my main and obliterating everything.. still, I had no issue completing the mission. They got my hull down under 50% couple times, but never managed to come close to dropping me. The mission overall was pretty fun and I didn't see anything crazy. Ground was cake obviously, but the space part was pretty much as I remember it.

I don't mean this as a 'get gud' comment, but I would really suggest you post some builds and ask for help with your builds and tactics. There is absolutely no reason at all why you get obliterated in seconds, the mission just isn't that hard. If you want some help with it, I am sure we can help you, you probably just need to tweak your build and tactics. I saw nothing even close to what you described even on a character that I intentionally build to be a sub optimal 'non DPS' build.
This discussion has been closed.