test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Noob Guide to Tribble

2»

Comments

• razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the hard work on this. It is very informative.

Tim.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have a friend who is trying to access Tribble, but he is running into a problem. It says that he has to sign up for the Public Test Server access. It's been some time since I had to gain access to Tribble so can anyone help me please?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Note sure why the OP is making people do the extra steps. Just use this link.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto

You'll have to sign in after hitting that if you haven't already. Now just select which toon to transfer.

Easy peazy.

And Veg, does he have an account? Did you read the OP's post that explains exactly how to do what you asked?
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • shomrimshomrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can I delete a character in Tribble without it effecting my Holodeck character?
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes you may without consequence.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • taolen7780taolen7780 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    is the worst idea I copied characterele tribble on Holodeck not going to transfer dilithimul
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Uh, what?

Dilithium gets copied to Tribble from Holodeck whenever you do a character copy.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Updated the OP with a straight up hyperlink to the character copy page. I initially spelled it out to make it simple, but as you point out, the hyperlink is much simpler.

And as mightybob points out, your dilithium should transfer. If you are talking about going from Tribble to Holodeck, then as my guide stated, it will not go back the other way! I believe their might be some dil reward boxes floating around Tribble somewhere (try Drozana) to test old rep systems?
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • abyssmirrorabyssmirror Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Note sure why the OP is making people do the extra steps. Just use this link.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto

You'll have to sign in after hitting that if you haven't already. Now just select which toon to transfer.

Easy peazy.

"There are no test servers available for your account on this game."
    What am I doing wrong?
    edited July 2014
    Sometimes in the past they have occasionally limited testing to subscribers/lifetime players only. I can't think of another reason. You can always take the more roundabout approach:

1. Log into PWE STO site.
    2. Click on "Guides" in the menu bar.
    3. Find the Tribble/Character transfer link.
    4. Transfer your character.
    5. $$$$ (but not really)
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Would also like to add some items on you ships might disappear, so plan to adjust your build;s accordingly.

I just transferred one of my Romulans over and all the set consoules consoles on my toon's Scimitar disappeared.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
    edited October 2014
    That sounds like a transfer bug. You can get rep items on Drozana with marks, etc. to boost your rep back up. (It's the rep that gets reset). I've never had this happen to me though.
  • reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    sarek93 wrote: »
    aexrael wrote: »
    It is unfortunate you choose to title your thread noob instead of newbie, considering noob traditionally is a derogatory term.

Duly noted. I'll see if I can't fix the title.

..... :'(

• ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Anyone know what test/bug consoles/ free items are left on tribble? This ship console the OP posted about in Drozana seems to not be there anymore. It seems basically impossible to get any "zen" or "lobi" ships on there at the moment.
  • mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Anyone know what test/bug consoles/ free items are left on tribble? This ship console the OP posted about in Drozana seems to not be there anymore. It seems basically impossible to get any "zen" or "lobi" ships on there at the moment.

That console is, indeed gone, and has been since before I first came to Tribble (as far as I can tell). As the C-store is also currently disabled, the only way to get zen ships on Tribble is to purchase them on Holodeck and bring them over with your character. As for lobi ships, you can acquire them on Tribble the same way you can get them on Holodeck: by acquiring and spending lobi. Luckily, getting lobi is easier on Tribble: by transferring a character with keys and lock boxes over repeatedly, you can get as much as you want. If you don't have any keys on Holodeck at the moment, look for me (@mike03uc) when you're on Tribble. I usually have a few keys and boxes to spare.
    e0M7OhA.png
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    mike03uc wrote: »

That console is, indeed gone, and has been since before I first came to Tribble (as far as I can tell). As the C-store is also currently disabled, the only way to get zen ships on Tribble is to purchase them on Holodeck and bring them over with your character. As for lobi ships, you can acquire them on Tribble the same way you can get them on Holodeck: by acquiring and spending lobi. Luckily, getting lobi is easier on Tribble: by transferring a character with keys and lock boxes over repeatedly, you can get as much as you want. If you don't have any keys on Holodeck at the moment, look for me (@mike03uc) when you're on Tribble. I usually have a few keys and boxes to spare.

See I have keys and lobi, but am entirely unable to access the account bank in which to transfer them between characters.
    Gonna try getting lucky on individual toons with keys and hope with the infinity box I can get the ships I am looking for.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User

See I have keys and lobi, but am entirely unable to access the account bank in which to transfer them between characters.
    Gonna try getting lucky on individual toons with keys and hope with the infinity box I can get the ships I am looking for.

Normally there is no account bank on tribble - you use in-game mail to transfer lockboxes and master keys, the lobi crystals can not be transfered.
  • gingi101gingi101 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »

Normally there is no account bank on tribble - you use in-game mail to transfer lockboxes and master keys, the lobi crystals can not be transfered.

I have access to the account bank however its only the original 20 slots purchased, not the expanded ones I have purchased on Holodeck.