test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Fighters, The Pipe Dream

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
As I'm sitting here. I've been looking over the available fighters in game. I've thought of this before, even talked to some that had an interest in at as well. Albeit, this a rather small part of the game, and small craft don't get much attention, because there's just not enough people that bother with it. Which is also why there's not a lot of content for them.

Content wise, not a lot we the player can do here, aside from showing more of an interest in it. This is mainly due to the fact, the small craft we have in game, are rather underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, there are some decent enough fighters out there. Just none that actually make you want to use them. Which is why queues, such as Atmosphere Assault and The Vault, aren't ran much, if at all.

So going with the standard fighters here. Which, are all cash shop items. The To'Duj, Scorpion, and Peregrine.

Now looking over the To'Duj, since it shares the health as the other, and on a character, and without gear or skills to give it extra hull. It 19,882 hull. Which is roughly 3.6149(19882/5500) times more than it base of 5,500.

Base To'Duj/Peregrine

Bridge Officer: Ensign Universal
Hull: 5,500(0.55 hull modifier, listed in the C-store)
Shield Modifier: 0.5
Weapons: 2 Fore, 0 Aft
Device Slots: 1
Consoles: 2 Tactical, 1 Engineering, 0 Sci
Turn Rate: 33
Impulse Modifier: 0.30
Inertia: 100
Abilities: Cannon Rapid Fire

Base Scorpion Fighter

Bridge Officer: Ensign Universal
Hull: 5,500(0.55 hull modifier)
Shield Modifier: 0.5
Weapons: 2 Fore, 0 Aft
Device Slots: 1
Consoles: 2 Tactical, 1 Engineering, 0 Sci
Turn Rate: 28
Impulse Modifier: 0.20
Bonus Power: +10 Weapons, +5 Engines
Abilities: Romulan Battle Cloak, Simgularity Abilities.

Now, how to bring this to T6 Levels, as all of this is as it is listed in the C-Store. Looking over the other fighters, C-Store and Lobi, I see some variances the statistics on all of them. So, working with that information.

T6 To'Duj/Peregrine

Bridge Officer: Lt Universal/Pilot -or- Ensign Universal/Pilot, Lieutenant Universal
Hull: 7,500(Up 2000, putting it at 500 more than the Voth Heavy with 7000. So a 0.75 Hull Modifier)
Shield Modifier: 0.65 or 0.7(Just above the Delta Flier)
Weapons: 2 Fore, 0 aft, Though 3 Fore, 0 aft would likely be better.
Device Slot: 1
Consoles: 3 Tactical, 1 Engineering, 0 Science -or- 2 Tactical, 2 Engineering, 0 Science.
Turn Rate: 35
Impulse Modifier: 0.40
Bonus Power: +5 Weapons, +5 Engines
Abilities:: Cannon Rapid Fire

T6 Scorpion Fighter

Bridge Officer: Lt Universal/Pilot -or- Ensign Universal/Pilot, Lieutenant Universal
Hull: 7,500(Up 2000, putting it at 500 more than the Voth Heavy with 7000. So a 0.75 Hull Modifier)
Shield Modifier: 0.65 or 0.7(Just above the Delta Flier)
Weapons: 2 Fore, 0 aft, Though 3 Fore, 0 aft would likely be better.
Device Slot: 1
Consoles: 3 Tactical, 1 Engineering, 0 Science -or- 2 Tactical, 2 Engineering, 0 Science.
Turn Rate: 30
Impulse Modifier: 0.30
Bonus Power: +10 Weapons, +5 Engines
Abilities: Romulan Battle Cloak, Simgularity Abilities.

Starship Mastery

Tier 1 - Tactical Maneuvering: +5% Defense
Tier 2 - Precise Weapon Systems: +5% accuracy
Tier 3 - Devastating Weaponry: +2.5% Critical Chance
Tier 4 - Enhanced Weapons Bank: +15% Critical Severity
Tier 5 - Squadron Tactics: While this trait is slotted, and you pilot a small craft, you will gain +5 Accuracy and +5% All Damage per ally within 10 kilometers(not including hangar pets).

This would help to draw some attention to small craft, or at least fighters. As a part of this you could even go back in to the episode Spoils of War and introduce what I'm calling the Cardassian Cardilac.

2d8wyz.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

2d8x00.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

2d8x1t.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

How many others would be interested in this? Also your thoughts on the stats for the ships are welcome as well.
Mm5NeXy.gif

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    I don't know that we need T6 fighters, but I wouldn't mind seeing them beefed up a bit.

I do think we should get a generic shuttle/fighter frame/layout, though, then have hangar pets unlock skins for it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I like that fighter, it looks like a car in ship form.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I don't know that we need T6 fighters, but I wouldn't mind seeing them beefed up a bit.

I do think we should get a generic shuttle/fighter frame/layout, though, then have hangar pets unlock skins for it.

Yeah, I got the idea form my new Romulan character. That, got caught by the library bug. I leveled it from 26 to 50 via the Gamma BZ. Then did from Solanae onward. When they fixed the library problem, Iwent back to do the rest of the Romulan story arc. After having to do The Best Defense, aka Atmosphere Assault, and the Vault, i started thinking about. Because that content at 65 was a touch painful.

Plus, new fighters would have people go back and revisit Atmosphere Assault and Vault queues. Which would also help with the shuttle event weekend. If that still happens, I haven't been paying much attention here of late.

I do like the skin idea as well. That's a good thought.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I like that fighter, it looks like a car in ship form.

Me too. That's why I'm calling it the Cardillac. Cardassian + Cadillac.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Isn't that just a re-use of the shuttles at the Defera visitor center?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Maybe keeping small craft more or less as is and adding in masteries similar to those for the T5-U without a trait. Although without reworking the xp on shuttle missions it'd be a case of finding a fleet mate to help boost you in argala.

Maybe instead of it being a slotted trait it just became an innate ability you could use when in a shuttle and save the faff of remembering to swap traits before you get into a mission.
    Maybe keeping small craft more or less as is and adding in masteries similar to those for the T5-U without a trait. Although without reworking the xp on shuttle missions it'd be a case of finding a fleet mate to help boost you in argala.

Maybe instead of it being a slotted trait it just became an innate ability you could use when in a shuttle and save the faff of remembering to swap traits before you get into a mission.

That would also work. Have the Tier 5 just be a built in function, and is a good approach. I was going with trait, so that one wouldn't need to be in the fighter to use it. You could use it with other small craft as well.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    The main problem would be the current lack of content for shuttles would also need to be increased and (assuming it wasn't overly buggy) if it didn't fall into the sweet spot of time/reward calculations they'd be dead in a fortnight.

A shuttle based hurq swarmer combat zone might help but as that whole QZ (queuezone) is dying a slow death more than likely it'd not last that long.
    The main problem would be the current lack of content for shuttles would also need to be increased and (assuming it wasn't overly buggy) if it didn't fall into the sweet spot of time/reward calculations they'd be dead in a fortnight.

A shuttle based hurq swarmer combat zone might help but as that whole QZ (queuezone) is dying a slow death more than likely it'd not last that long.

Mmm.. something like The Breach, just geared more for small craft, with a space and ground/or version. And not like Atmosphere Asault, it already gives us a swarm for shuttle, i.e. to damn many. One could even go with the shuttle race from the old Delta Patrol.

The space one could be an off shoot of Sinister Calling or Final Assault. Where you're flying in to the boss ship, in order to deliver the torpedoes.

The ground one could be like Planetary Defense, except, not at many lanes active as a time. Land and air targets for this. You know, defending evacuation sites.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Around the time the comp pvevp rep arrived I put up a suggestion for a shuttle based version of the asteroid "football" with custom gear like grapplers rather than beam weapons and mindless pewpew.

Probably fell of deaf ears as the comp rep stuff died a death pretty fast and anything needing 10 people to queue for would fail any of the time/reward checks some folk zealously adhere to.

And cryptic always seem far too reluctant to expand on existing systems that involve gameplay, admiralty got an expansion but thats not worth calling gameplay due to the almost total lack of player interaction.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Smallcraft don't have tiers at all. If they were to be added, why would they start with 6?
    Thought it was obvious they used T6 as an understandable way of introducing the idea of adding tiered mastery perks to shuttles.
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    T6 shuttles only interest me in one way- Pilot maneuvers.

How you can have Starships outflying shuttles is just beyond me.
    edited July 2018
    T6 shuttles only interest me in one way- Pilot maneuvers.

How you can have Starships outflying shuttles is just beyond me.

That's why if you look at the stats I post there, I included a pilot seat with them. Because that made no sense to me either.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited July 2018
    Also on this. Since I just thought of it. Instead of going with the potential for fore weapons. It could be:

Fore 2, Aft 0, Experimental 1.

Drop an experimental weapon in there instead.

Edit: Begone forum langolears.
    Mm5NeXy.gif