test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

fleets credits

I know this is probably an old discussion but why can't they put something like a bank on fleet stations where we can turn fleet marks my issue is my fleet is at lvl 5 on almost everything and we dont make a lot of projects anymore and our armada seems to have gone quiet of projects so im stuck with a bunch of marks and no way to convert them and i don't want to leave my high level fleet just to convert marks. am i missing something here fleet mark conversion seems to be the most frustrating part of this game that holds me back from getting better stuff on some toons.
[img][/img]screenshot_2017-03-05-09-33-16_zpsuuddenl4.jpg

Comments

• ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    First. Periods. At various intervals, to break up the word salad. Just some advice with that, to help you out.

Second. Do you have multiple characters in said high level fleet? Any of them of a rank to invite/promote? If so, ensure at all times, that one with the power to invite/promote is in the high end fleet. You can then send out alternate characters to try and shop around for low end fleets who need a quick injection, to get you likewise the fleet credits. Then leave that low level fleet with character, have your higher rank drag him/her in, to swap ranks or promote, whatever.

Third. If you are low on the totem pole, talk to fleet members about the projects moving forward again, the armada about doing the same. Otherwise, you will have to decide if the bottleneck is worth having your characters languish in said fleet, or if they should find another fleet that will take care of their needs.
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Simply, why should you be able to donate a bazillion fleet marks, earn the credits needed to access fleet rank/store access, buy stuff, and then leave? Your activity would have done nothing to actually help the fleet along, and yet you would be allowed to bypass the settings that your fleet leadership have put in place.

Like the previous reply said, ask your fleet leadership if you want more projects slotted. But don't be surprised if it takes a while. I have 28,000 fleet marks (they are easy to get, and nowhere else to use them), and as a fleet leader I understand I can't always just get the easy way to earn fleet credits....EVERYBODY wants that, not just you.

If you want to actually help your fleet with projects to build facilities and/or earn provisions, you need to donate stuff other than fleet marks too. Duty officers, ECs, even a little dilithium here and there.
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    If your starbase is t5 - ask ur leader to Slot "Unload Surplus Fleetmarks" Project often/always. U will get the half FC per FM for this - but the Project only Need fleetmarks and runs 30 minutes.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    If your fleet does not need fleet marks, OP, I suggest u direct your contribution efforts into something that your fleet does need.

Up until this day I never ever saw a single fleet that is not in need of Dilitium. I donated millions of it to the ones I’m in and believe it or not I reached the credit cap on quite a few of my characters with nothing left to buy.

Problem solved.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    If your fleet does not need fleet marks, OP, I suggest u direct your contribution efforts into something that your fleet does need.

Up until this day I never ever saw a single fleet that is not in need of Dilitium. I donated millions of it to the ones I’m in and believe it or not I reached the credit cap on quite a few of my characters with nothing left to buy.

Problem solved.
    An excellent suggestion good sir. Isn't reaching the credit cap a pain?

Also OP see how provisioning is for the various holdings and if something is getting low offer to complete an entire provisioning project in all respects to help your fleet out.

• admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    OP I see this in Nova Elite as well. We have T5 Base and all holdings except the Colony maxed out. Most of the Armada has FM locked out for donations. So I know where you are coming from. in a maxed out fleet all you can do is try to watch the completion times for any project that is slotted, try to be online when that project completes, and hope a second one is slotted then the second that one is up donate the marks.

Keep in mind you are probably not the only one watching this happen.

If you talk to the Fleet leaders Your best bet is the surplus Fleet marks project. and depending on how many marks you have you might want to ask if several can be done.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    All you need is to make sure your fleet slots either "unload surplus marks" or (if you don't want the fleet credit penalty) slot "coordinate colonization efforts." Coordinate colonization efforts is better IMO because it also allows you to donate all your useless prisoners from admiralty. Both have a 30 minute CD. Both require a small amount of EC. Something like 500k.

If your fleet leaders can't be bothered to perform the simple task of slotting such projects, it's time to find a new fleet.

EDIT: unload surplus fleet marks doesn't require EC.
    Post edited by salazarraze on
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    All you need is to make sure your fleet slots either "unload surplus marks" or (if you don't want the fleet credit penalty) slot "coordinate colonization efforts." Coordinate colonization efforts is better IMO because it also allows you to donate all your useless prisoners from admiralty. Both have a 30 minute CD. Both require a small amount of EC. Something like 500k.

[...]
    CCE is an excellent suggestion. Even with a smaller tiered out fleet I'm part of that project used to get flipped 6 times a day when things were busier... at 510 fleet marks each that adds up plus you get FC for the admiralty prisoners as well. Colonists can also be doffed for.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »

[...]
    CCE is an excellent suggestion. Even with a smaller tiered out fleet I'm part of that project used to get flipped 6 times a day when things were busier... at 510 fleet marks each that adds up plus you get FC for the admiralty prisoners as well. Colonists can also be doffed for.
    Don't feed it colonists, they can be used for dil. Random white civilians you inevitably get from downgrinding on the other hand have little else to put them in. And prisoners fedside, of course.
    warpangel wrote: »

[...]
    Don't feed it colonists, they can be used for dil. Random white civilians you inevitably get from downgrinding on the other hand have little else to put them in. And prisoners fedside, of course.
    My bad. Peeps need dil for themselves and fleet projects. Could you briefly expand on the Colonists to dil route? On topic-ish as looking for the most efficient route to flip the 30 minute CCE fleet projects for fleet credits, without impacting resources otherwise best used elsewhere. Thanks.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

^^ The OP would do well to accept this as best answer.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    My bad. Peeps need dil for themselves and fleet projects. Could you briefly expand on the Colonists to dil route? On topic-ish as looking for the most efficient route to flip the 30 minute CCE fleet projects for fleet credits, without impacting resources otherwise best used elsewhere. Thanks.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Relocate_Colonists gives 500 dill (1500 crit) needs 5 colonists. Current market value per colonist 20-25K EC
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @protoneous said:
    > warpangel wrote: »
    > protoneous wrote: »

> https://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Relocate_Colonists gives 500 dill (1500 crit) needs 5 colonists. Current market value per colonist 20-25K EC

There's a 30 minute repeatable version from the Nebula chains, really helps burn off Admiralty Colonists.
    Thanks for the extra info! @warpangel was certainly correct about saving colonists for dilithium and just using random civilians and prisoners for the 30 minute CCE fleet project. Was just looking for some details :smile:

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Or maybe the problem is that all the Fleet Marks are filled up by the people slotting Projects.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Or maybe the problem is that all the Fleet Marks are filled up by the people slotting Projects.

Such things can happen but it has been my experience that those people who slot projects also end up filling the awkward parts of them in order to set the next rotation.

When I troll my marks to self opened projects we usually look at days of filling dil on my part and me getting sick of it. Trolling fleet marks becomes a healing experience for me then.
    animated.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Such things can happen but it has been my experience that those people who slot projects also end up filling the awkward parts of them in order to set the next rotation.

When I troll my marks to self opened projects we usually look at days of filling dil on my part and me getting sick of it. Trolling fleet marks becomes a healing experience for me then.

There need to be way more things in the game that award fleet dilithum vouchers.

The best part of the Gamma recruit so far is that I keep getting Dilithium vouchers to contribute to the fleet. Refined Dilithium is the 2nd most precious commodity in the game behind only Zen, they need to either reduce the fleet requirements or increase the amount of fleet voucher rewards.

Players simply can't afford to contribute as much as they would like to. The voucher system is a great way to fix that, it's a reward that is just used to help the fleet. I wish they gave them out more often. I would like to see them added to the Endeavor box.
    Insert witty signature line here.

There need to be way more things in the game that award fleet dilithum vouchers.

The best part of the Gamma recruit so far is that I keep getting Dilithium vouchers to contribute to the fleet. Refined Dilithium is the 2nd most precious commodity in the game behind only Zen, they need to either reduce the fleet requirements or increase the amount of fleet voucher rewards.

Players simply can't afford to contribute as much as they would like to. The voucher system is a great way to fix that, it's a reward that is just used to help the fleet. I wish they gave them out more often. I would like to see them added to the Endeavor box.

Oh yea those vouchers are a real bonus. Sadly besides the recruitment event and the ferengi at mine who takes lock box mining claims in exchange (at a very bad rate) there’s sadly no way to get them.

I also hope that you did not take my rant as any form of criticism cuz there is none. I’m very proud of our players and our holding’s progress. The only one who is to blame is cryptic who saw it prudent to a make a colony release in the 80 mil dil range under the full knowledge that dil was already a problem for much cheaper holdings.
    animated.gif
    I also hope that you did not take my rant as any form of criticism cuz there is none. I’m very proud of our players and our holding’s progress.

No no.. absolutely not. You and a few others do a tremendous amount for our fleet and deserve credit for all your efforts. My issue is entirely with Cryptic and the way they designed the fleet dilithium requirements. I do believe they have a good counter in the fleet vouchers, they just need to do more about making them more available.

My one and only issue is that I wish Cryptic would give me more ways to help the fleet with requirements. None of the ill will lays with any player, especially not you.
    edited July 2018

No no.. absolutely not. You and a few others do a tremendous amount for our fleet and deserve credit for all your efforts. My issue is entirely with Cryptic and the way they designed the fleet dilithium requirements. I do believe they have a good counter in the fleet vouchers, they just need to do more about making them more available.

My one and only issue is that I wish Cryptic would give me more ways to help the fleet with requirements. None of the ill will lays with any player, especially not you.

Btw, if you folks need any stuff from a T5 colony please give a shout in chat. :)

Think best to get are kentari boffs. We managed to complete the colony in OC Third Watch beta fleet as it was considerably cheaper there. I was also fortunate to have flocki from the DPS league often push for simulations which we hosted there and filled with OCD and Metal DPSer. She even managed to complete her colony a bit faster than we did so invite requests in the DPS channels work too.
    animated.gif
    edited July 2018
    double post sorry

animated.gif

This is my experience as well in numerous fleets where my rank ranges from player to leader. I have so many fleet credits via Colony dil contributions in my own fleets that I use them to get doffs for affiliated lower tiered fleets in the armada as really there's nothing else I need.

I really don't know what they were thinking when they designed that holding. Have stopped my KDF (permanently) at Tier 3 and our Fed, which just reached Tier 4 may be finished one day™ in the far future. I find it rather taxing to be honest and pardon the pun. I'd go as far as saying a lot of my friends would see me queuing up to just have fun more often if it wasn't for this nemesis.

Congrats on reaching Tier 5. You have some exceptionally talented (and helpful) members in your fleet. I did many sims with one friend and OCD member in particular who could actually float between SG's and pull up the slack when things weren't going as planned. You probably know who I'm referring to :wink:

Would even venture to say I've probably gotten more helpful tips and enjoyable times on your channel than on any other over the past while. Teamwork, positive attitudes, and the willingness to help others improve their game... thank you. You may just have one of the best groups of people in the game and should be proud.

This is my experience as well in numerous fleets where my rank ranges from player to leader. I have so many fleet credits via Colony dil contributions in my own fleets that I use them to get doffs for affiliated lower tiered fleets in the armada as really there's nothing else I need.

I really don't know what they were thinking when they designed that holding. Have stopped my KDF (permanently) at Tier 3 and our Fed, which just reached Tier 4 may be finished one day™ in the far future. I find it rather taxing to be honest and pardon the pun. I'd go as far as saying a lot of my friends would see me queuing up to just have fun more often if it wasn't for this nemesis.

Congrats on reaching Tier 5. You have some exceptionally talented (and helpful) members in your fleet. I did many sims with one friend and OCD member in particular who could actually float between SG's and pull up the slack when things weren't going as planned. You probably know who I'm referring to :wink:

Would even venture to say I've probably gotten more helpful tips and enjoyable times on your channel than on any other over the past while. Teamwork, positive attitudes, and the willingness to help others improve their game... thank you. You may just have one of the best groups of people in the game and should be proud.

Lol yep, with the colony they really pushed it too far. But it sounds great that lee ventured well beyond ocd to tend to this holding together with you. If you and your players don’t make use of it already please always let yourselves be invited to OC Third Watch holdings to get the stuff you need. :)

One could argue that maxing out all colonies is not really needed but I know that all fleets take so much pride in their efforts that they will want to get there to eventually as well. Until the next holding hits I’ll direct my dil to our kling fleet. But yea, as u mentioned we also look at a rather long time there.
    animated.gif
    Meh, people are just impatient. The point of a big project is to have something to aim for. What's the rush? One day™ is when it's supposed to be finished. And hopefully with something new to do released by the time that happens.
    edited July 2018
    Meh, people are just impatient. The point of a big project is to have something to aim for. What's the rush? One day™ is when it's supposed to be finished. And hopefully with something new to do released by the time that happens.

I respect that.

Unfortunately it’s often an attitude which is common among players who don’t give a dime about fleet contributions and who justify that with a lack of assurances they can get game sided as far as their fleet status is concerned. You know in the end… fleet projects don't fill themselves to be able to get anywhere one day™. ;)
    animated.gif

I respect that.

Unfortunately it’s often an attitude which is common among players who don’t give a dime about fleet contributions and who justify that with a lack of assurances they can get game sided as far as their fleet status is concerned. You know in the end… fleet projects don't fill themselves to be able to get anywhere one day™. ;)
    But said lack of assurances is the fact of the condition, created by Cryptic. The game gives no equity for holding contributions. Unless you're the sole leader of your fleet, you are spending money on Someone Else's Property. No matter how much you spend, all you can ever have is their word that they'll let you use it. It's not hard to understand many players won't just trust strangers with their money, with no guarantees of anything.

If Cryptic framed holding construction as investment rather than charity, more players would be inclined to participate.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I also hope that you did not take my rant as any form of criticism cuz there is none. I’m very proud of our players and our holding’s progress.

It would be nice if fleet group STFS could award a choice of marks or fleet dilithium vouchers.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Really, fleet credit payouts need a serious balance pass and have for years. Fleet marks award way too much for how plentiful they are, Dil and doffs award way too little. To say nothing of provisions you have to buy WITH fleet credits.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    starswordc wrote: »
    Really, fleet credit payouts need a serious balance pass and have for years. Fleet marks award way too much for how plentiful they are, Dil and doffs award way too little. To say nothing of provisions you have to buy WITH fleet credits.
    True. But the problem with that approach is that fleet credits eventually become worthless once you've got enough.
    edited July 2018
    nimbull wrote: »

It would be nice if fleet group STFS could award a choice of marks or fleet dilithium vouchers.

This would be fantastic. Fleets could do days where they group and do STF runs (OCD already does this.. shameless plug) but everyone could grab the vouchers and make it a fleet goal to get a stuck project going.

That would honestly be a lot of fun, even if the vouchers weren't a ton of Dilithium, it would still be a fun thing for the group to work toward that goal. This is a great idea that I hope will get some consideration.