What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Subscription Sale!

2»

Comments

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the per-rank Retrain Tokens, inventory slots, etc. are retroactive? Do they stack with Elite Starter Pack?

yes and yes on pc, console its a yes and no as elite is not available for it..

ummm NO it is NOT retroactive for the retrain tokens. You get the Retrain Tokens DURING level up when you go to the admiral and go visit the shipyard. For Rom & I think KDF you NEED to do this ASAP. If you put this off and hit the next rank (level up 10 times) the game clears it for you and gives you squat. No retrain token, no shipyard token, nothing... Fed thou of course is still good... mission stays put and you can take all the time in the universe to go complete.

bank space & inventory is retroactive thou.

tigeraries is correct.

ukgouki is incorrect.

The Retrain Tokens are not retroactively added by purchasing the LTS after you have leveled.

Whatever amount of Retrain Tokens you might have on a character if you purchase that Elite Starter Pack it will add 5.

Remember the distinction of that Elite Starter Pack only adds 5 Retrain Tokens to the character you use to purchase the Elite Starter Pack & it is not adding 5 Retrain Tokens to each of your characters.
  • glitterthornglitterthorn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    You need the ARC client to redeem game codes, but do you actually need to reinstall the game after installing ARC (Steam player)?
    A Mirror Universe ship is for life - not just for Alpha.
    Support T5-U Upgrades for Mirror Ships.
  • blaine#7048 blaine Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm not sure who to believe, because tigeraries is in fact wrong, or is relying on outdated information. I've gone 10+ levels between shipyard visits on both Rom and KDF characters, yet received all of the ship tokens I was supposed to receive when I did visit the shipyard.
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    I wish you could use Zen to get Lifetime Subscription
    I'm not sure who to believe, because tigeraries is in fact wrong, or is relying on outdated information. I've gone 10+ levels between shipyard visits on both Rom and KDF characters, yet received all of the ship tokens I was supposed to receive when I did visit the shipyard.

Perhaps you need to clarify, blaine, or reread? This question is about the Retrain Tokens pertaining to resetting a player's Skills not the "ship tokens" as you are describing.

I still believe/know from my own personal experience & a friend's that Retrain Tokens are not retroactively added even with LTS.
  • wherrold#3824 wherrold Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I have LTS on PS4 and am pretty sure they aren’t retroactive. I’ve had to buy a few for my two mains, where my alts (made after purchasing the LTS) are overflowing with respec tokens.

As far as whether it’s worth it on console, it depends on how you play, if you’re using the races that unlock with it and the ships, then the answer will be yes. I really wish the stipend was on consoles, but have gotten a lot of value out of it. The extras (respec, outfit/bank/character slots) were things I would have bought without the LTS. Don’t really use the ships a whole anymore. I’ve gotten more use lately out of the T5 ships that you get than the LTS ones. I have both Talaxian and Borg characters that I use.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the per-rank Retrain Tokens, inventory slots, etc. are retroactive? Do they stack with Elite Starter Pack?

ummm NO it is NOT retroactive for the retrain tokens. You get the Retrain Tokens DURING level up when you go to the admiral and go visit the shipyard. For Rom & I think KDF you NEED to do this ASAP. If you put this off and hit the next rank (level up 10 times) the game clears it for you and gives you squat. No retrain token, no shipyard token, nothing... Fed thou of course is still good... mission stays put and you can take all the time in the universe to go complete.

Remember the distinction of that Elite Starter Pack only adds 5 Retrain Tokens to the character you use to purchase the Elite Starter Pack & it is not adding 5 Retrain Tokens to each of your characters.

This is incorrect. I recently bought the Elite Starter Pack and I received 5 retrain tokens on each of my characters. Not just the character I used to purchase the pack.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    You need the ARC client to redeem game codes, but do you actually need to reinstall the game after installing ARC (Steam player)?

Nope, as longas the code is applied to your account you can play the game through whatever your normal method is, steam, standalone or arc.

This is incorrect. I recently bought the Elite Starter Pack and I received 5 retrain tokens on each of my characters. Not just the character I used to purchase the pack.

So why does it still state it as such, 5 for the character that did the purchase, in the pack's description last I looked? Was this changed to 5 per character? If so wouldn't it had been announced since that betters it by far? Perhaps a recount is in order.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    i believe, zen prices are adjusted for each currency! but not the LTS price. plz make it affordable. my members want to buy. but can not afford. for comparison, 750 TL is the price of a middle strong PC !!

lfts.png

So why does it still state it as such, 5 for the character that did the purchase, in the pack's description last I looked? Was this changed to 5 per character? If so wouldn't it had been announced since that betters it by far? Perhaps a recount is in order.

I haven't checked the description since I made the purchase so I've no idea if it has been changed or not. However, I made the decision to grab the pack after watching someone on a YT stream buy it for themselves and check if he had unlocked the tokens for his other characters. To his delight and surprise, each of his characters received 5 tokens. He was expecting the same as you were and for the tokens to be only for the character that made the purchase.

That was enough for me. I stopped watching, loaded up the game, made the purchase and had the same result. Great value indeed and I highly recommend it!
  • blaine#7048 blaine Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I too have the Elite Starter Pack, and I too have tokens for each character on my account.

I know this because I accidentally pressed "Retrain" on a new alt (made long after I bought the Elite Starter Pack) that I'd been leveling who had a grand total of like 3 skill points spent in energy damage, and the game ate a token and reset his skills.
  • thelematikerthelematiker Member Posts: 39 Arc User

Bought retrain token are account wide. So you buy one, every Character shows you at least 1 (+ Level up token maybe)
    With the pack you get 5, so if you don´t have a retrain token on your chars, every char shows you 5.

Jemmies get an extra token if you create a new one.

Bought retrain token are account wide. So you buy one, every Character shows you at least 1 (+ Level up token maybe)
    With the pack you get 5, so if you don´t have a retrain token on your chars, every char shows you 5.

If I am reading you correctly, you're saying that the tokens are shared? If so, I do not believe this to be the case. I say this because I have already used a token on one of my characters and it has 4 remaining. The rest of my characters still show 5 except for my Jem'Hadar, which is showing 6 remaining tokens.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    There are basically three type of retrain "tokens".
    There are free respecs given "per toon", usually awarded when Cryptic makes changes to the skill tree/system, or there is a bug undocumented feature that messes up your skills, such as the Delta toon bug feature. These show up by the fact that the "Use Free Retrain" button is available, and the text also informs you that you either use your free retrain, or use a token. Use of the free retrain will have no effect on any other toon on an account

Then there are retrain tokens given to individual toons for various reasons. Gamma toons received one to allow for the fact that the pre-selected skills likely would not match what players actually wanted. LTS and (former) regular subscribers also got one given to individual toons every 10 levels while levelling. These will show up in the number of retrains available, but only for that specific toon. Use of one of these tokens will have no effect on any other toon.

Then there are retrain tokens purchased from the C-store, show up per account, not per character. This is perfectly in line with the description in the C-store and Wiki. "This service may be purchased for 500 Zen from the C-Store at the account level, but are used by a single captain." Purchased tokens will show up in the total available tokens for every character on an account. Using one of these tokens will also decrease the number of available tokens by one for every toon on the account.

Buying the Elite pack will then show five retrain tokens as available on all toons, no matter which toon you use to actually purchase them. You can then use them on any toon you have, however, you still have only the five you actually purchased total. That is all you have, period, not five per toon, just five. You can use all five on one toon, one each on five different toons, or any combination thereof but you only have five.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
    Well when this Elite Starter Pack was released it was stated specifically that the 5 Retrain Tokens for skills was NOT for each character & future characters.

If that has changed that is great, but I have not seen an official announcement stating as such so hopefully I missed it.

I also wonder if true were previous Elite Starter Pack purchases retroactively awarded?

In the past buying a LTS after one had leveled a character(s) did not reward retroactively these same Retrain Tokens for skills being discussed.

If one is subscribed as they level your character gets rewarded these Retrain Tokens for skills every 10 levels.

Also, as stated, in the past Cryptic has gifted-out free Retrain Tokens for skills.

There's also the Retrain Tokens for skills that are purchasable in the Zen Store.

For those that believe the Elite Starter Pack rewards 5 Retrain Tokens for skills please link your source otherwise it is hearsay compared to an official source.

The confusion only increases the likelihood that someone will make a purchase ill-informed & perhaps not receive what they thought which isn't good.

It would be extremely helpful to all if Cryptic officially weighed-in on this for clarification purposes for sure especially since it doesn't seem too difficult!
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    While the Arc News article about it could be taken differently, the Elite pack description in the C-store is quite explicit on the matter. It specifically states that the 5 retrain tokens are per account, not per character.

"You will immediately be granted the following items once per account:
    * 1 Character Slot
    * 20 Shared Bamk Slots
    * 5 Captian Retrain Tokens
    * Energy Cap Increase to 2 Billion"

As I stated in my previous post, retrain tokens purchased from the C-store are useable by any character on the account and as such, will show up no matter what character you are logged in on. Using one on any character will reduce the number of retrain tokens showing as available for all characters. If you think of them just like an account bank, it's easier to understand, no matter which toon you check the balance on, it's going to show the same amount, withdrawing (using) any, will cause the remaining balance to be lower for all toons, not just the one that actually took it out of the bank.

As for LTS and subscriber earned retrain tokens, from personal experience, those are given out only while levelling and are not retroactive. those are also per character and not per account and will show up only on that specific toon. for example, my level 5 box opening toon shows only the 5 retrain tokens I got when purchasing the Elite pack, my level 65 toon that I levelled before pruchasing LTS also shows only the 5 tokens I got with the Elite pack, whereas my level 65 toon started after I bought LTS (and that has never retrained) shows as having 13 retrain tokens plus a free retrain, the 5 account tokens from the Elite pack, plus 8 other toon only tokens earned/given through leveling and other means.

If I were to use a retrain token on either of the 2 showing as having 5, both of them would then show as having only 4, and the one with 13 would then show only 12.

Edited to show correct quantities.
    Post edited by arionisa on
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User

Interesting, because before VIL I was at 13 tokens on my LTS account and as I'm still at 13 tokens after having run a jem through the VIL story episodes I'm wondering when their retrain token actually gets awarded.
    surfboar wrote: »
    So the JH - Fed doesn't have a chance at the Chimera? Seems like a coding mistake since the JH - Fed has access to all other Fed ships.

Correct, so far at least, there's no Jem'Hadar LTS specific ship nor do they have access to the other factions' LTS ship(s).

Let's not forget the obvious however that unless you are LTS you won't, nor should you, have access to those ships like the Chimera since those are supposed to be for LTS only.

Nothing official related to a time schedule, but supposedly it has been & is being discussed about creating & introducing a Jem'Hadar specific LTS ship ... eventually or at least the desire to want to.

The precedent for this would be the Romulan mini-faction with their own specific LTS ships the Daeinos & the Dinaes.

There is a list somewhere in these forums where Cryptic states which ships will be accessible & which will not, but that was regarding the Romulan mini-faction having access for Admiralty mostly.
  • shaneo3shaneo3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    surfboar wrote: »
    So the JH - Fed doesn't have a chance at the Chimera? Seems like a coding mistake since the JH - Fed has access to all other Fed ships.

Correct, so far at least, there's no Jem'Hadar LTS specific ship nor do they have access to the other factions' LTS ship(s).

Let's not forget the obvious however that unless you are LTS you won't, nor should you, have access to those ships like the Chimera since those are supposed to be for LTS only.

Nothing official related to a time schedule, but supposedly it has been & is being discussed about creating & introducing a Jem'Hadar specific LTS ship ... eventually or at least the desire to want to.

The precedent for this would be the Romulan mini-faction with their own specific LTS ships the Daeinos & the Dinaes.

There is a list somewhere in these forums where Cryptic states which ships will be accessible & which will not, but that was regarding the Romulan mini-faction having access for Admiralty mostly.

if i remmeber it was a couple months or little longer for them to release the rom lts ship
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Is there any development is making the LTS juicer? The last update added was for the Delta Rising expansion and the updated Chimera Destroyer. Are there any incentives coming up to make this offer more current?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    since its not worth it, I suppose ill quit playing the game

Do what you want, but frankly.. that's just silly.

Is the Lifetime worth it? That's a matter of opinion, I strongly believe the answer is no.

Is the game worth dropping a few bucks on the Elite Starter Pack and then playing for free. Without question, absolutely yes.

Is this game perfect? No.. but it's good.. really good. And it has the best free to play model you'll find. The amount of content that you can get out of STO for free is honestly astounding.

LTS is not worth it, but the game is great.

Play it.
    Insert witty signature line here.