test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher Problems

Just logged into patch the game. Not sure what's going on here. But, the launch itself is stuck at, "Loading, Please Wait." I'll try a couple things my end, like restarting my comp and such. As I have restarted the launcher at least 5 times, just to get "Loading. Please wait."
Mm5NeXy.gif

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I got an update to the launcher sometime yesterday. That is all I could recall different about that.

I just signed in this afternoon for the first time today (12:30pm PT), launcher popped fine, and patching OK.

You should see: Holodeck, Tribble and Redshirt buttons on the launcher.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rykus83rykus83 Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    On mine it patches and the engage button appears I'll click it and nothing happens the game doesn't launch.
    NVM I just had to reset my comp game launches now.
  • kirk2811kirk2811 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    On mine launcher is unable to establish connection to patch server, it's happening since yesterday, only once it connected and appeared the generic login screen saying that the game is experiencing problems.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Yeah, restarting fixed it for me as well. Never had to to that before, which is why I dropped it here fist.
    kirk2811 wrote: »
    On mine launcher is unable to establish connection to patch server, it's happening since yesterday, only once it connected and appeared the generic login screen saying that the game is experiencing problems.

Mmm... not rally sure what to say here. The only thing I can think off is you're getting some major packet loss in your connection. Granted I have seen this myself, where it'll saying "Attempting to connect to sever. Tried: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5" and having to relaunch the whole thing.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • paulorm#8764 paulorm Member Posts: 1 New User
    My problem is that the launcher is taking too much to update the game -- and I have no more patience to wait for hours just to play a game! how I cancel/end my account?
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    My problem is that the launcher is taking too much to update the game -- and I have no more patience to wait for hours just to play a game! how I cancel/end my account?

So you are planning to never play a PC game again, they going to take a while to download.

Just start the launcher off when you are going to go a bed, BOOM problem solved.
  • iceaxe18iceaxe18 Member Posts: 103 Arc User

I'm currently having this problem.

• doconichandoconichan Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Mine is nor launching either. The irony is that the message says to check my internet, but I am using the internet right now to complain.

lmao
  • alien13#4189 alien13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same problem:

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate
    Trying to update the launcher.
    Please be patient.
    Tried connecting 5 times.

Resulting in message:

Connection problem
    Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact technical support.
  • cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 147 Arc User

Same here and it was working fine earlier this morning.
  • cryshalsingcryshalsing Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Same problem. Thought it might be my connection but it seems to be working fine. Just unable to sign in to STO
  • norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Same issue. I can't even connect to the chat servers via XMPP.
  • elcharismoelcharismo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same issue -- STO was working fine until about 9:30am PDT tpday (2018-06-29), at which point I was kicked from the server and these symptoms began.
    Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate
    Trying to update the launcher.
    Please be patient.
    Tried connecting 5 times.

Resulting in message:

Connection problem
    Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact technical support.

Also reported in this other forum thread.
    And on Reddit.

ISP is Comcast, location is San Francisco Bay Area.

• iceaxe18iceaxe18 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Tonight I finally was able to update, and launch the game.
  • darkswarmerdarkswarmer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Signal T-Dan. this is BS. i have already completed power source on several toons and it doesnt work. Get rid of mission requirement andmake it like terran or counter command. Turn in the reputation 5 and get the goods. It doesnt work. I am tired of repeating the mission.