test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Force Beam Out of Old DS9

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
I don't mind the fact that this is happening. The only problem I'm having with it is, that it's causing my game to crash on every beam out from the old DS9.

Literally, load in, see the landing page spam, see the camera move to do the beam out, get my this is completed messages, and game crashes.

So, maybe adding a 1 minute delay to this, much like you did with the Jem'Hadar bridge autokick would be a good thing.
Mm5NeXy.gif

Comments

• borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Did you do a force-check of the game files ?
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Did you do a force-check of the game files ?

Twice. Once on each crash. It was 50/50. I had 4 alts on the old DS9. The first two crashed. The second two did not. The only difference between them. The first two I did not close the landing page. The second two I did. So that may have been the problem. But, in either case, it happened. Imagine how bad this is going to be for those that have more alts that I do, that are still on the old DS9.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    I have had the same problem but after the game crashed it will not force update nor will it do anything but say its downloading a patch but nothing is moving and if i try to force patch it crashes as well.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
    beenlikethisforsometime_zpsjnhu6xnp.png
    This is still a problem. Anyone else got any ideas?
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    This is still a problem. Anyone else got any ideas?

None that I'm aware of. I got all my characters off the old DS9. Iput on warning about it in general discussion, with a link to here if others run int o the problem. Some there said they didn't have this problem. So, I have no idea what's going on with it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Maybe @engineerb4#4806 will be able to help after the holiday.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    i still been getting it. As i got alot of toons i dont know which ones are at old DS9 and new DS9. Only work a round is to save all the files some were then uninstall the game, then copy the files over again. Regardless its take alot of time but less time then waiting for the game to fix it patch. Left it alone for 5 hours and still didnt work.
  • jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    IF you are talking about forced beam off old ds9 after last mission in the dominion, just go back into ops then talk to the admiral npc in the office to complete the mission.
    IF you are talking about forced beam off old ds9 after last mission in the dominion, just go back into ops then talk to the admiral npc in the office to complete the mission.

No we are talking about old toons in the old social map. Was fine until the last 2 updates which was meant to be a fix.

• vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User

THANK YOU! Kurland is in Sisko's office now, not in OPS. Didn't see a way to hail the Enterprise or Loriss, though, for the goodbyes. At least the mission completed!