test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warning: Alts on Old DS9

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
The forced beam out has been put in place. So far, on the two of my characters that I haven't moved to the new DS9, have had this happen. Each time causing the game to crash.

So, be prepared if you have alts on the old DS9.

You can find the bug report about it here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1241868/force-beam-out-of-old-ds9
Mm5NeXy.gif

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Ok, so far on the third try. Apparently if you can close the landing page in time, it will not crash. But, that's just on one alt so far.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Thx for info about that op. :)

Always dull when toons can’t be used so I hope cryptic clears that problem soon.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Anyone else getting crash to desktop every time they load a new toon? Most of my toons are on DS9 - mostly the classic version, and each time I try to load one it CtD's and I then have to end the process (the application itself isn't listed in task manager), then reload the game and end up in space off the new DS9. :(
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User

curious, why did you put a link to this thread, in this thread?
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    ^Because some people don't bother to read the forum to see if a thread already exists before starting another one on the same subject. Another thread was merged into this one, and it happened to contain a link to this thread, pointing out that this thread already existed.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Mine that were on the old DS9 had no problems beaming out and back onto the new one.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Game shouldn't crash on beaming out. Otherwise, I don't care, and get with the program already; there's no old ESD either; move on, squatters!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Game shouldn't crash on beaming out. Otherwise, I don't care, and get with the program already; there's no old ESD either; move on, squatters!

We still have it in the Foundry. So, anyone who wants to hang out and do stuff can create their own custom RP project and populate it as they see fit (and maybe for others to enjoy as well. ;))
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

We still have it in the Foundry. So, anyone who wants to hang out and do stuff can create their own custom RP project and populate it as they see fit (and maybe for others to enjoy as well. ;))

Zactly. :) Not sure how long Cryptic keeps old assets like that, but for ppl who still really want the old thing, that seems like a fair solution.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited June 2018

Zactly. :) Not sure how long Cryptic keeps old assets like that, but for ppl who still really want the old thing, that seems like a fair solution.

For a long while in the foundry. We still have the Alpha Centauri map, the old crafting map. Also have the old ESD map. So, for the foundry it they're there. So, they can be used for other things. As far as building a social zone. Well, not much one can do when the max player limit is 5 per map.

You can't actually build a social zone there, just use assets in current ones. So while you can put something together to run up to 5 people around a map. When it comes to social zones, best you can do it use the preexisting ones, and you can't add, or take anything away from them.

Edit: Fixed Typos, and adding text to prevent forum langolears.
    Mm5NeXy.gif

I had a project going that used the old DS9 as a part of it. I might have to re-arrange that so that it's on the new one. Then use the old one for the latter part of the project. The map I was using was kind of meh.. and a pain. So, this does kind of help me there.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Nothing to worry about, any lost boffs or captains will be safely relocated by the Orion Syndicate. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,981 Arc User
    Aside from the game often crashing upon being "evicted" a whole bunch of toons left there were all relocated successfully after starting the game back up again. Still might have a couple squatters. Hoping something in the code will glitch with one of them and I'll have the place to myself.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    The forced beam out worked fine for one of my captains when I switched to them this weekend.
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Apparently some of the old episodes with DS9 will let you visit the old station.