miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
going through the ship details and I read
Fore Weapons: 3
Aft Weapons: 5
typo or intended?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    It is strange, but allows for a setup like this...
    • fore: 2x arrays; torpedo
    • aft: 2x arrays; 2x omni; (torpedo or mine)
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    I'd say typo. Though that doesn't excuse that it's a completely new ship from the Vorgon Carrier PC got last year! I wanted the carrier! Not some Babylon 5 White Knight reject design! There's not enough tables in the world to flip!
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, either a typo or a ship designed entirely to use the Home weapon set (bonus attack against things in rear arc!) and to fight those swarmers that hang behind you. Which would be silly.

(hah, there's a thought. Put regular beam arrays & torpedo on the back, put your Omnis in the front, and just run away from everyone. :D )
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I wanted the carrier! Not some Babylon 5 White Knight reject design!

Well, you got half of what you wanted since the ship looks nothing like anything from Babylon 5.

On topic, has to be a type-o.. a 3/5 layout would be awful.

Overall, I honestly don't care.. it's nothing but a free admiralty card to me either way.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Yea.. that 3/5 loadout is rather odd. Especially being able to mount dual cannons.
    Wonder if its supposed to be 5/3.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    It has those stats in the event store (holodeck) also and if anyone can get it on tribble to see if either are typo's.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    There's no need to be so crude. It's a game, man, chill.

I'd bet on a typo too. Likely it's 5/3. Nothing to get upset over either way. They'll correct it as soon as they're made aware of it.

I like its looks and look forward to flying it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »
    There's no need to be so crude. It's a game, man, chill.

I'd bet on a typo too. Likely it's 5/3. Nothing to get upset over either way. They'll correct it as soon as they're made aware of it.

I like its looks and look forward to flying it.

Agreed. The Devs are only human after all. And just as prone to typos as any of us.

It would make more sense that it is a 5/3.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited June 2018

No one cares about your temper tantrums.. the stats haven't even been officially released yet. At least wait until then before throwing your little hissy fit.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    the stats haven't even been officially released yet. At least wait until then before throwing your little hissy fit.

We have a Dev Blog now with the stats. However its not the first time we've seen a typo in one.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure it's not a typo given that it's reportedly that way in the Event store, not corrected in the English blog (it went up early on the German STO page,) and happens to theme with mine changes and new set that looks to work well with it.

I'm kinda a disappointed in this, as it's going to be hard for most of the playerbase to build something decent out of this. A beam broadsider is going to lose out on damage when approaching the target compared to a 5/3 or even 4/4. As for mines I'm still unsure of how well they'd turn out even though the global got tuned, unless you specifically built around them, which newer players amd alts aren't likely to have the gear for (which most characters flying these are likely to be).
    tom61sto wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's not a typo given that it's reportedly that way in the Event store, not corrected in the English blog (it went up early on the German STO page,) and happens to theme with mine changes and new set that looks to work well with it.

I'm kinda a disappointed in this, as it's going to be hard for most of the playerbase to build something decent out of this. A beam broadsider is going to lose out on damage when approaching the target compared to a 5/3 or even 4/4. As for mines I'm still unsure of how well they'd turn out even though the global got tuned, unless you specifically built around them, which newer players amd alts aren't likely to have the gear for (which most characters flying these are likely to be).

Time for a Turret Boat!!

Yeah Baby!! :smile:
    Either way...

a Temper Tantrum is not going to solve anything.
    Well if it is 3/5, it would be interesting to build. I'd take the advice above and put omnis/torp on the front and beams/torp/mine on the back and go with it. I actually like mines, they add an extra boom to the setup in addition to torps.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    To be honest the 3/5 could be a fun build. Think for a second. 5 omni directional weapons aft and 3 torps up front. I don't know about you but that would be a tough nugget to be on the wrong end of. Or iof you really want crazy 8 360 degree weapons. This could mark the return of turrets being an effective choice. Food for thought.
    I am telling you guys.. I run a Turret boat sometimes.. just for fun. It's an Aux2Bat Fleet Eclipse with 8 Turrets.. thing rips.

Will it match a high end DPS build? Of course not.. but it's more then capable of handling any story mission and Advanced Queues. It could probably even handle Elites.. I just haven't tried that.

A turret boat against the Hur'q is just hilarious. They all swarm your aft thinking they have you and still get shredded.

All turrets is fun. :smile:
    Problem. You CAN'T mount that many Omnis. At best we can mount 2. 3 if we count the Omega Rep Kinetic Cutting Beam.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Might be good for a mineboat if it's not a typo.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    Guys, I think there is a high proability it isn't a mistake on the dev blog. I kinda of hope it is indeed 3/5. Players need to be taken out of their comfort zone sometimes and try expirementing with something cool and fun.

Also, if you are building a broadsiding ship, 4/4, 5/3, 3/5 really makes little difference. Using a dual cannon loadout, now that's going to be awesome fun build to try :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    I am telling you guys.. I run a Turret boat sometimes.. just for fun. It's an Aux2Bat Fleet Eclipse with 8 Turrets.. thing rips.

Will it match a high end DPS build? Of course not.. but it's more then capable of handling any story mission and Advanced Queues. It could probably even handle Elites.. I just haven't tried that.

A turret boat against the Hur'q is just hilarious. They all swarm your aft thinking they have you and still get shredded.

All turrets is fun. :smile:

I've actually been toying with the idea of building a turret boat. Maybe it's time to try one.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Oh god... Turret builds done right are evil. Unexpected pain. Sailor Moon was evil with a turret build...
    Then maybe I will try a turret build on this new boat and see what it can do
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    Then maybe I will try a turret build on this new boat and see what it can do

I recommend using Cannon Rapid fire at least once :) and watch the stream of cannon fire shoot out. Its Glorious :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    Yes, I like CRF, also CSV for groups. I'm looking forward to trying it. Perhaps I can get a taste by using my Vorgon carrier and swap the beams for turrets.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Problem. You CAN'T mount that many Omnis. At best we can mount 2. 3 if we count the Omega Rep Kinetic Cutting Beam.

The changeling-gun (which supposedly morphs into a turret or omnibeam depending on what BOFF power you use) from the new episode appears to mount alongside a crafted omni & reward omni. Of course, then you're stuck with polarons. And killing millions of Hurq running Home a couple more times to complete the set.

(I haven't actually test-fired the thing yet, sooo.....)
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Yeah, either a typo or a ship designed entirely to use the Home weapon set (bonus attack against things in rear arc!) and to fight those swarmers that hang behind you. Which would be silly.

(hah, there's a thought. Put regular beam arrays & torpedo on the back, put your Omnis in the front, and just run away from everyone. :D )

... can I name mine the USS France? :)
    Yes, I like CRF, also CSV for groups. I'm looking forward to trying it. Perhaps I can get a taste by using my Vorgon carrier and swap the beams for turrets.

On mine, I run the Withering Barrage trait from the T6 Defiant. That coupleed with Aux2Bat keeping CSV at global means 100% uptime on Scatter Volley with 8 turrets. It's really fun firing that thing into a swarm of Hur'q. :smiley:
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    foxman00 wrote: »
    I recommend using Cannon Rapid fire at least once :) and watch the stream of cannon fire shoot out. Its Glorious :)
    Indeed it is. Here in the real world, the A-10 Thunderbolt II (better, albeit informally, known as the Warthog) is often claimed to be the 'King of BRRTTT' - it's literally built around a 30mm Gatling-type cannon.

Challenge accepted. Specifically, see the below imagery of the ISS Rassvet engaging Son'a forces in the Briar Patch...

35364645783_cbb257396c_z.jpg

35364646003_d2eeaf0869_z.jpg

35364645903_868496dec4_z.jpg

This discussion has been closed.