test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[VIL] Cardassian Uniforms Release - Feedback/Discussion

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
Merging all threads regarding Cardassian Uniform questions, feedback, discussion.

Comments

• marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    What colours does the uniform use?
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Does anyone know what colours are Standard for cardassian uniforms, I want it to look right
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    And apparently brown/orange pants, according to a bug report on Reddit...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    Black or grey would probably be the best choice, Cardassian uniforms aren't very colourful.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    >two weeks of QA on one single uniform
    >still manages to goof the pants

Well done
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    "I got this, too, but was able to work around it.

What's going on is that the color slot that you have in the red square is not tied to that part of the pants. Instead of assigning it to Slot 2, it's actually assigned to another slot.

I was able to switch to the Xindi pants and change the color in Slot 3, which carried over when I switched back to the Cardie pants. I don't know which other pants this would work with. The tailor is very inconsistent about which color is assigned to which slot."

Someone on reddithad this work around. Honestly I don't know if I will use the uniform, the details on shirtless Cardassians, males at least are awesome. I will hold off for now.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Looks like my concerns were right, they didn't add the Cardassian emblem badge unfortunately, they just disabled the badge option entirely.
  • aries73321aries73321 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    There aren't any rank options either. Oh well.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    jexsamx wrote: »
    >two weeks of QA on one single uniform
    >still manages to goof the pants

Well done

yeah.. wrong color pallets so can't get the same colors.. my female cardassian's pants can't be changed from white..

edit: found i could swap to reinforced pants to change the colors than swap back to cardassian pants to get around it. Colors still dont sync up well
  • cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Yeah we need the ranking and emblem badge! Don't slack on this devs!
    edited June 2018
    Probably the highest ranking version of the uniform with a slight difference including the badge:

latest?cb=20080517235735&path-prefix=en

Also someone on deviantart made an artwork showing the different versions of the uniform from the show:

cardassian_military___circa_2370s__dominion_war__by_joeylock-d9aqxj0.png

We didn't actually get any boots with the one in game.

Boots are paired with the 'Lower - Tight' option.
  • cyllus2014cyllus2014 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Rather than use the "Cardassian Uniform update" thread that was asking for information on it's release... I thought I'd start a feedback only thread. (intentionally did not put this in the Bugs forum because the uniform spent 2 weeks +/- in QA, kind of doubt the issues are bugs)

Tops and boots are a glossy metallic with a forced golden undertone. This makes even the darkest black take on a black/gold color. Pants are kind of matte.

Color pallets for tops and bottoms don't match. One large color pallet for both tops and bottoms would be welcome. (for all uniforms, at this point)

No badge option at all.

No Cardie helmet... although personally, I'm not missing this one. Those helmets were fugly.

Make the tops and boots the same matte as the pants, or vice versa. Give us the full color pallet on all pieces. Badge options, even on the sleeve/shoulder, would be nice. You can keep the helmets :wink: .
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Overall the Cardassian uniform is pretty bleh. While I appreciate the devs at least making it available, the color options are really not visually pleasing. The material itself on the upper looks like matte cotton compared to the shows in which it looked much more metallic. It's pretty obvious that zero artwork was done for this release and that it was just a copy/paste from the npc visuals.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • wesgunder1wesgunder1 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    YBWyACJ.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • aries73321aries73321 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    This article shows there are some greens and blues in the uniform:
    https://startrekartifacts.wordpress.com/2015/07/21/costume-study-cardassian-military-uniform/

The color palette on the one in game isn't that great, and the division of color sections is off from the canon uniform. The color palettes are even different from male to female. What we got was really pretty vanilla with few customizing options and no rank or other insignia. While I appreciate the uniform being made available for free, I would have happily paid for one with all the bells & whistles!
    edited June 2018
    The pants they gave it look like they are from the T'pol outfit.
    Problem is the uniform models look like they were given a gold gloss.
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Could we get all of the Cardassian uniform pieces for men and women to use the same color pallet? I don't care which one, just as long as they're all the same so that I can match the colors easily.