test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disappointed. No Lifetime Jem'Hadar ship.

13»

Comments

• Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    madmopar wrote: »
    Speaking of vet rewards. Do the jem'hadar not get the vet vice admiral token? I get one at 61 but should have 2.

Chances are the vet ship token isn't awarded as you get that from levelling up to there whereas jems are created at a higher level. Not checked but I'd be surprised if jems get any of the free ships open to the factions while levelling awarded retroactively.
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    Jem'Hadar don't get free ships for Tier 4 or below. They can spend dilithium at the shipyard, and they can still claim Fed or KDF ships that they own from the in-game store and buy new ones, but they don't get the leveling token.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    schloopdoo wrote: »
    Jem'Hadar don't get free ships for Tier 4 or below. They can spend dilithium at the shipyard, and they can still claim Fed or KDF ships that they own from the in-game store and buy new ones, but they don't get the leveling token.

That is one of the few negatives about these newly created Jemmys, imo, they could begin with lackluster Admiralty options depending upon how much you have bought from Cryptic's store.

Regarding a Jem'Hadar veteran ship I thought they, Cryptic, had stated they want it but there's no scheduled time-table for the completion yet.

Then again Cryptic might say a lot of things, especially lately, to placate with no intentions of follow-through, but with this & the Romulan mini-faction precedent I could see a Jemmy LTS ship becoming reality eventually.

I'm sure it all just takes time.
  • Options
    joanmoldoviajoanmoldovia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    Regarding a Jem'Hadar veteran ship I thought they, Cryptic, had stated they want it but there's no scheduled time-table for the completion yet.

Then again Cryptic might say a lot of things, especially lately, to placate with no intentions of follow-through, but with this & the Romulan mini-faction precedent I could see a Jemmy LTS ship becoming reality eventually.

It's poor plannnig on their part reguardless, it should of been ready with roll out.
  • Options
    There were arguably more important things to the game than a vet ship not ready or pulled before VIL launched.

The personal endeavour system springs to mind something that might have broken up the tedium of argala grinding or sitting about waiting for the gamma queuezone to find a group that isn't afk.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    I hurd that there is gunna be a Lifetime Subscriber Jhammy ship later on (as VIL is just the first of three bigger steps in the storyline ahead of us) as well as playable Vorta and more. I hope there's hand and foot to it.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I hurd that there is gunna be a Lifetime Subscriber Jhammy ship later on (as VIL is just the first of three bigger steps in the storyline ahead of us) as well as playable Vorta and more. I hope there's hand and foot to it.

I've heard a lot of things over the years. When it comes to Cryptic, you take everything they say with a 10lb bag of salt. A 20lb bag of salt for hearsay.

Playable Vorta is really a bad idea. As they are not designed for combat. They're administrators, politicians, public relations, and yes, Jem'Hadar have been known to kill them.

I'd other things from DS9 and gamma. Dosi, Wadi, Karemman, hell I'd go straight DS9 here and say T'Lani, since they actually have a ship that appeared on screen. And their planet, T'Lani, would be where Elwing is now. Since the Elwing System doesn't appear anywhere within Star Trek, except in the game. It doesn't exist anywhere else.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    Jem hadar were engineered and mentally programmed to be cannon fodder.

Vorta were programmed to be blindly obedient brown nosers. True it'd make writing a whole lot easier when you'd only ever have one chat option to pick from but it'd be really boring. The only politics they got involved with was to make sure the founders will was done, actual political wrangling wasn't left up to them.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Well, Vorta are rather creative about the way they go about socializing, so there'd be several different ways to suck up to people. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

It's poor plannnig on their part reguardless, it should of been ready with roll out.
    From what I can recall my Romulans didn't have a Veteran ship right away either. Check the first two posts after the OP on page one. They fill in the details.

• Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    From what I can recall my Romulans didn't have a Veteran ship right away either. Check the first two posts after the OP on page one. They fill in the details.[/quote]

This is legit. Romulans had to wait for the veteran Admiral's coat as well, because Cryptic didn't rush it. Years later, the results still hold up as quality work.

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    They ignored the Oddy's shields. But even then they weren't really able to take it down quickly
    Yes, this seems grossly overblown: despite shields being completely useless, a situation all too familiar to STO players, the Jem'hadar were unable to destroy the Oddity without resorting to ramming. In contrast, in the same "shields are useless" situation, an old Klingon Bird-of-Prey was able to destroy a Galaxy-class starship in only a few hits.

Lesson: Old Klingon BoP > Bugship.

It's not that they were unable to destroy it, they wanted to make it brutally clear how vicious the Dominion could be, that they have no problems sacrificing their own ships just to send a message...imagine how they would be in a full out war?
  • Options
    modmike1981modmike1981 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Does anyone know if the new jemmy faction is getting a LTS veteran ship?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I heard that the Devs do want to make one. Best guess is they were unable to design it before launch due to time crunch.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    We'll see if we get one. This question has already been asked several times already with the same answers. They want one, but haven't got it out yet.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
  • Options
    blairbrianblairbrian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Then why are you in this thread? To beat us over the head with that stick? Because nothing we say will change a thing.

I popped into this thread because I was curious whether or not OP was just whining or if they actually didn't know there were plans for a Jem vet ship in the works and intended to give them the good news if they hadn't been told as much yet.

I posted because it is my personal mission to espouse the need for a TOS Vet ship, and precisely because what we say can, sometimes, change things. It's the exception rather than the rule, to be sure, but we've gotten stupid decisions and careless omissions corrected in the past - just look at the universal seat on the Hestia, or that awful dilithium reduction they tried to pass on STFs a few years back that got rolled back after enough fan rage. Hell, enough persistent whining even got Fed carriers made.

I am aware my quest is likely for naught, but the only thing it costs me is a few minutes of my time every once in a while to keep it up, so why not beat a few heads with this righteous stick? Besides, it's not like I'm doing it constantly - this the first time I've brandished this girthy weapon since AoY dropped.

That's what I'm doing in this thread. Thanks for asking. How about you? You just here to rain on parades?

Translation. Because you disagree with a TOS vet ship. Nobody should have it. Nice logic
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    The way Geko sounded in the P1 podcast the other day we don’t seem to get one in the near future. That’s sad. For my jem toon I wanted to make a torp build and the vet ship feels perfect for it. I decided to get the T6 dreadnought carrier for now as it has a very similar boff layout.

Let’s see how long it will take until we can get our vet ships here.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    blairbrian wrote: »
    jexsamx wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Then why are you in this thread? To beat us over the head with that stick? Because nothing we say will change a thing.

I popped into this thread because I was curious whether or not OP was just whining or if they actually didn't know there were plans for a Jem vet ship in the works and intended to give them the good news if they hadn't been told as much yet.

I posted because it is my personal mission to espouse the need for a TOS Vet ship, and precisely because what we say can, sometimes, change things. It's the exception rather than the rule, to be sure, but we've gotten stupid decisions and careless omissions corrected in the past - just look at the universal seat on the Hestia, or that awful dilithium reduction they tried to pass on STFs a few years back that got rolled back after enough fan rage. Hell, enough persistent whining even got Fed carriers made.

I am aware my quest is likely for naught, but the only thing it costs me is a few minutes of my time every once in a while to keep it up, so why not beat a few heads with this righteous stick? Besides, it's not like I'm doing it constantly - this the first time I've brandished this girthy weapon since AoY dropped.

That's what I'm doing in this thread. Thanks for asking. How about you? You just here to rain on parades?

Translation. Because you disagree with a TOS vet ship. Nobody should have it. Nice logic

Either you're talking about the person I quoted or you didn't read my post because that is the exact opposite of what I said.