What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No DS9 map for Klingon side

Klingons could they have the new DS9 ?
Thx
Qapla'

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    What you mean? There's no version of the new DS9 map for the foundry, for neither faction.
  • doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    What you mean? There's no version of the new DS9 map for the foundry, for neither faction.

For Federation, they have it
    Qapla'
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    OP, take your Klingon character and beam out of the old DS9 map. Then, beam back down. You should then be in the new DS9. I don't believe this has anything to do with the Foundry (the tool for making user-created missions) or faction. Meanwhile, there is a known issue where the game will not automatically transfer characters to the new map if they were parked on the old one prior to Victory is Life. You have to do that yourself.

Federation Foundry characters do not have access to the new DS9 map in the Foundry (verified). Faction choice has no influence on what assets or maps you have access to in the Foundry.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    OP, take your Klingon character and beam out of the old DS9 map. Then, beam back down. You should then be in the new DS9. I don't believe this has anything to do with the Foundry (the tool for making user-created missions) or faction. Meanwhile, there is a known issue where the game will not automatically transfer characters to the new map if they were parked on the old one prior to Victory is Life. You have to do that yourself.

Federation Foundry characters do not have access to the new DS9 map in the Foundry (verified). Faction choice has no influence on what assets or maps you have access to in the Foundry.

You have poorly verified, I created a mission with characters can interact in DS9 cryptic map, social map where you interact with a PNJ or an object to trade a mission.
    It would be desirable to be able to do the same Klingon
    Qapla'
    edited June 2018
    doublecha wrote: »

You have poorly verified, I created a mission with characters can interact in DS9 cryptic map, social map where you interact with a PNJ or an object to trade a mission.
    It would be desirable to be able to do the same Klingon

I checked the available social maps (in addition to available interior map projects) on FED and KDF characters when I posted (trying to verify this thoroughly). DS9 was not listed. Ergo: the stated problem was not found (you didn't provide much information otherwise, ex. that you were in fact talking about social zones rather than interior base maps) and I assumed that you were another poster who was making a post from general without understanding what the Foundry actually was (it wasn't clear.)

That said, the project was still KDF. Changing the project to FED does provide access to both versions of DS9 in the list of available Cryptic social zones. This may be a hold over from a previous oversight (I can't verify if the KDF ever had access to the old DS9 social map, I never published a mission with it) though regardless we'll try to make sure that it reaches Cryptic's attention as they add content from ViL (ex. the new DS9 as an interior base map.)
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    The OP means the starting locations and cryptic maps
    edited June 2018
    The OP means the starting locations and cryptic maps

Yup, I can see that now.