test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

KDF Engineering Officer & Ship choice

zna1209zna1209 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
With the way most KDF ships are slotted (as far as BOff stations), is there any relation between my class and crew stations on ships, and effectiveness? I'm at T3 currently (K'tinga class cruiser), but the Raptors and BoP look fun.

I kinda want to try them, but I suspect I should save my dilithium and not buy a second ship below top tier with it, and just use my free ship commissions.

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    It really dosen't matter which ship type you use, fly whatever is the most fun to you.
    Also don't waste your dilithium on buying those low tier ships, getting to lvl 50 and reaching T5/T6 is only a couple hours away and then you will need all the dilithium you can get.
    If you still wanna test them out then copy your character to the tribble server and go nuts with it. The c-store is disabled but the normal ships are all available and you have basically unlimited ressources there.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    zna1209 wrote: »
    the Raptors and BoP look fun.

Forget the raptors, they are rather 'meh'. But the Birds of Prey are a brilliant choice to experiment with and learn the game in. Also a lot of fun to fly.

Now they don't have a lot of hull points its true, but that doesn't have to be a problem. Most of a ships tanky-ness comes from its bridge officer powers, and with full universal seating its up to you how many abilities you want to use for staying alive, so although they might look flimsy on paper they can be as perfectly survivable, or not, as you want them to be.

Don't worry at all about your captains career, it plays no part in determining what ships you should fly. Ships are made and broken by the bridge officer powers you slot on them, rather then your captain type. Which is why birds of prey are so good to learn the game in. You can try any combination of boff powers you like and work out what dose and dose not work for you.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    some raptors are fun to fly. the intel raptor from the delta pack is a chainsaw. if you hvae the resources, try to pick up some mirror ships off the exchange
    Spock.jpg