test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Problems

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
edited June 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Alright as we know. There is a bug in Allies. There was a work around found, for now. But, this is only the tip of the ice berg it seems.

As I'm leveling a new Romulan character. I ran into the Allies bug. Now, I have found another. I have used the work around to complete Allies. But, however, both The Once and Future Agent and Spectres are still greyed out to me. I cannot hail nor skip either of them.

So this is more than just the bug with Tradecraft.
Mm5NeXy.gif

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    even if u managed to finish tradecraft before VIL - next stop is Mine Enemy.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
    I had seen posts about Mine Enemy. So i was kind of expecting that one. This one however, even using the work around that was found for it, was not expected. I'll continue to level via doffing and hope that I can at least do the Solanae arc and onward.

So, this, may turn out to be an even longer post. We can however collect all the thing we run in to like this, in this one thread now.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I just tried and did my enemy - there is a hope. I don't know if it works for you but it worked for me
    Vorgon Ryn'kodan Carrier, romulan fed delta (who skipped/did all quest bellow 50 before VIL but 1st time now did "Mine Enemy". Tradecraft as already done before VIL, and as of now as all yesterday's war quests bellow 50, along with NR line are done.)

P.S.
    Romulan may have another issue though.
    That char (level 65), which isn't blocked, could somehow get "Stranded in Space" but could not interact to start doing the quest. (bug?)
    I just tried and did my enemy - there is a hope. I don't know if it works for you but it worked for me
    Vorgon Ryn'kodan Carrier, romulan fed delta (who skipped/did all quest bellow 50 before VIL but 1st time now did "Mine Enemy". Tradecraft as already done before VIL, and as of now as all yesterday's war quests bellow 50, along with NR line are done.)

P.S.
    That char (level 65), which isn't blocked, could somehow get "Stranded in Space" but could not interact to start doing the quest. (bug?)

Likely, with all the other things going wrong here.

Though for low-level Romulans, I have found a work around on leveling. Well not really a work around, but a means to get there. Just out of curiousity I checked. My level 26 Rom-KDF char can do the Gamma BZ. So there is at least a decent way to work on leveling.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    @engineerb4#4806, Romulans need some love in the form of bug fixes please :)
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2019
    Thank you for the report.
    Post edited by engineerb4#4806 on
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
    I heard around the office that Tradecraft is now fixed. I already helped fix the Yesterday's Arc for Romulans. Fixes should be out Thursday.

Dude, you rock! Thanks for the update!
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    good to hear! as said, you do a good job - in supporting and attitude and seem very skilled.
    As you help so much, I wish you could do something regarding other thing, but realized it's not the place to ask as it's not romulan's
    I heard around the office that Tradecraft is now fixed. I already helped fix the Yesterday's Arc for Romulans. Fixes should be out Thursday.

Also, keep an eye on this thread. I just got my Rom to level 50 last night using the Gamma BZ. I've done Sphere of Influence. But, if I run in to any more problems as I play through from there. I'll drop them here.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited June 2018
    Slight bug with Solanae Arc. Nothing that hasn't been reported a half billion times though. Both time you swap out to the story ships, it's resets your traits still.

Edit:
    Apparently this is only on the first time play through.
    Post edited by trennan on
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • quantum42#9720 quantum42 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    Slight bug with Solanae Arc. Nothing that hasn't been reported a half billion times though. Both time you swap out to the story ships, it's resets your traits still.

Edit:
    Apparently this is only on the first time play through.

This reminded me that I played Doomsday Device a little while ago and I forgot about the trait loss.
    So I checked my traits and all active reputation were gone...weird thing though they were still slotted on my hoitbar...
    No point fixing this...Temporal Ambassador is my next mission, they'll just vanish again anyway.
    (I meant no point for me fixing traits, still be nice if THEY fixed it ;) )

• mtemplar86mtemplar86 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I've finished Allies and In Shadows but I'm stuck now at Yesterday's War, Wasteland, Vengeance, and Freedom being greyed out. I was able to do Spectres but can't continue on to Cardassian Struggle because my level isn't high enough.
    mtemplar86 wrote: »
    I've finished Allies and In Shadows but I'm stuck now at Yesterday's War, Wasteland, Vengeance, and Freedom being greyed out. I was able to do Spectres but can't continue on to Cardassian Struggle because my level isn't high enough.

Yeah, I used the work around to get to In Shadows. I played through it to Yesterday's. then grayed out. Spectres as you can up there in the photos is as well. This left me in the level 26 range.

Now for this, there are two ways to work around leveling, if you're wanting to continue. One is the lockbox doff assignments. The other is the gamma battlezone. I just hit 50 night before last. Did Solanae, with three runs at Step for the set and EV suits, and am at All that Glitters in Delta. Now, I'm like, continue through like this? Or jump to gamma, knock it out and drop back?

So through just shear not life leveling via the Gamma battlezone. I made 50, which put into the Solanae arc. Other than the trait bug there on fir time play through, everything has works and my char is now 60.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • mtemplar86mtemplar86 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Yeah, I used the work around to get to In Shadows. I played through it to Yesterday's. then grayed out. Spectres as you can up there in the photos is as well. This left me in the level 26 range.

Now for this, there are two ways to work around leveling, if you're wanting to continue. One is the lockbox doff assignments. The other is the gamma battlezone. I just hit 50 night before last. Did Solanae, with three runs at Step for the set and EV suits, and am at All that Glitters in Delta. Now, I'm like, continue through like this? Or jump to gamma, knock it out and drop back?

So through just shear not life leveling via the Gamma battlezone. I made 50, which put into the Solanae arc. Other than the trait bug there on fir time play through, everything has works and my char is now 60.

The fact that all that run around was required to level Romulans... makes me kinda sad in the state ViL was released. So many bugs and not just with the new content but everything. Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait for all that to hopefully one day get fixed. I imagine this is a rather important one to fix seeing as it's breaking 1/4 of the playable factions.

edited June 2018
    Some slight bugs on Kobali, in Act II Looming Shadow, Hidden Assault, and New Warfare. when you pick the mission up, it doesn't update.

So you get:
    Looming Shadows
    - Looming Shadows

Hidden Assault
    -Hidden Assault

New Warfare
    -New Warfare

The quest are not updating to what you're suppose to do.
    As seen here.

2ctjaz.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Edit: For typos :P

Upon trying to complete this. No, this is dead heading on Hidden Assault. You can't talk to Hanchon Saladore to update this quest.

As evidenced here.

2ctkuy.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Post edited by trennan on
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User

P.S.

Yeah, Fed'Hadar weren't able to get stranded in space, so when they fixed that problem it accidentally made the mission accessible for Romulans. You can't do it, though, only pick up the mission. If you were to do it, you'd get the Azura Comm code mission reward, when Romulans have the Suliban code instead, so that part isn't a bug. The mission shouldn't be available at all.
    Alright, since I've played through this on other characters. I'm skipping to continue the sear for more bugs.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    A slight bug in Dragons' Deciet, Unearthed. When you're trying to leave the area at the end. "Fly to the Edge of the System" always fails. Even if you sit where you begin, it will fail.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Some slight bugs on Kobali, in Act II Looming Shadow, Hidden Assault, and New Warfare. when you pick the mission up, it doesn't update.

So you get:
    Looming Shadows
    - Looming Shadows

Hidden Assault
    -Hidden Assault

New Warfare
    -New Warfare

The quest are not updating to what you're suppose to do.
    As seen here.

2ctjaz.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Edit: For typos :P

Upon trying to complete this. No, this is dead heading on Hidden Assault. You can't talk to Hanchon Saladore to update this quest.

As evidenced here.

2ctkuy.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

This block off Act III as well. Skipping and moving on.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    LOL! This is still going on?

Wouldn't you know it....I finally get around to getting a Romulan Delta Recruit....and it is all messed up. I think I only need to do the Romulan Only missions and find the Iconian Technology inside them. All of this weird stuff is AFTER the Romulan only part? I hope.

I need to look on my Tasseract Device next time I am in the game.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    LOL! This is still going on?

Wouldn't you know it....I finally get around to getting a Romulan Delta Recruit....and it is all messed up. I think I only need to do the Romulan Only missions and find the Iconian Technology inside them. All of this weird stuff is AFTER the Romulan only part? I hope.

I need to look on my Tasseract Device next time I am in the game.

No, Tradecraft and all that is in the Romulan arc. Tradecraft is the last episode of Allies.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Well...I just checked in the game. I have to finish "Freedom" and "Vengeance" on the Romulan, and "Cardassian Arc" on the Romulan or Federation to collect the last of the Delta Recruit rewards on everyone else.

Sooooooo...looks like I will have to wait until this gets fixed. :bawling:

I think the "Cardassian Arc" used to demarcate the halfway point in the Delta Recruit missions (4 years ago)....which unlocked a reward for everyone.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    westmetals wrote: »
    I'm not sure which episode she was trying to do, but I just helped a friend out with the library console bug.... I was playing a fed lib borg, whose ship uses the Belfast bridge, and she was able to use the console.

We also tested a human with the Temporal bridge, a Romulan with the D'Kora bridge, and a Jem'Hadar with the JH bridge, with no success.

I did this to get by Tradecraft. Then tried to use my Jem to help others. It didn't work. So it seems that it a hit and miss kind of thing there as well.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    Doing episodes and checking doff missions as I go. Umm.. is my replicator suppose to look like this?

2cvj48.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited June 2018
    An educated guess:

Your inventory is full, but you have some items (those shown available) with an amount bellow their max stack size on at least one stack each (in your inventory)

P.S.
    An explanation try since language is a barrier here:
    You can make partially full stacks, filled more - potentially up to being full/filled (without needing another slot for such items), by buying available items, while you don't have any more place/slots for any new items/stacks. So some items are shown as non available even if no unlock needed. Same effect happens while buying boxed doffs in SB for example, BTW, even though boxes of doffs could theoretically OPEN into overflow bag up to a limit.

You can't buy those supply items for the overflow bag though.

An addition: it's not an unlock or ec issue - this overruled by nature of available (and non available) goods. No unlock needed here and some things on the same cost are at different category in availability regard. ...plus you ofc have enough ec as shown, as I see now :)
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
    edited June 2018

P.S.

Yeah, Fed'Hadar weren't able to get stranded in space, so when they fixed that problem it accidentally made the mission accessible for Romulans. You can't do it, though, only pick up the mission. If you were to do it, you'd get the Azura Comm code mission reward, when Romulans have the Suliban code instead, so that part isn't a bug. The mission shouldn't be available at all.

Thanks, this explains, so it's a minor issue - will just try to drop the mission (it appears to me on klingon's front in j->in progress tab) and will know not to take it on romulans as it as not intended
    An educated guess:

Your inventory is full, but you have some items (those shown available) with an amount bellow their max stack size on at least one stack each (in your inventory)

P.S.
    You can make partially full stacks, filled more - potentially up to being full/filled (without needing another slot for such items), by buying available items, while you don't have any more place/slots for any new items/stacks. So some items are shown as non available even if no unlock needed. Same effect happens while buying boxed doffs in SB for example, BTW, even though boxes of doffs could theoretically OPEN into overflow bag up to a limit.

An addition: it's not an unlock or ec issue - this overruled by nature of available (and non available) goods. No unlock needed here and some things on the same cost are at different category in availability regard. ...plus you ofc have enough ec as shown, as I see now :)

Almost 2 million EC. I had just emptied my inventory out, and I was going to buy warp coils. Which I never keep in my inventory. I buy the amount I need for a doff assignment.

Only thing in my overflow is the To'duj fighter pet, and it can stay there.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    An educated guess:

P.S.

Almost 2 million EC. I had just emptied my inventory out, and I was going to buy warp coils. Which I never keep in my inventory. I buy the amount I need for a doff assignment.

Only thing in my overflow is the To'duj fighter pet, and it can stay there.

Ok we can scratch this. Apparently, I had more in my inventory than I thought. Even though I keep it empty, or try to. Weird, buy ehh, won't complain. Just more to discard.
    Mm5NeXy.gif