test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warning: Terran Empire Jupiter Outfit(Leeta variants)

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
This is just a friendly warning to pass around. I have a ticket in on this.

But for those that are unaware of this. Please be careful with this outfit. As I accidentally discovered, a KDF aligned Romulan can open this outfit box. Though this outfit is Federation only.

If you have it, or wish to use it. Be sure you're on a female Federation character, before opening it.
Mm5NeXy.gif

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    You can also use it on boffs so you don't necessarily need to use a female federation character.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for the warning OP.

BTW Klingon (fed) characters still loose their torso when trying to use the odyssey uppers.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    You can also use it on boffs so you don't necessarily need to use a female federation character.

If it were a Fed aligned Romulan, I wouldn't have put this warning out. I don't much worry about what my boffs wear, outside of gear. I think since 2012, I've bothered to do outfits for my Boffs once, maybe twice.

But this can be infuriating to people that buy it. To be able to open it on a character you can't use it on. Because they'll either be out the EC or the Lobi they had to use to get it.

they need to make this openable by Federation only characters, since for a character to use it, they have to be Federation. Because, personally, I wouldn't waste my EC or my Lobi on an outfit only my boffs could use.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Well, considering a KDF aligned Romulan can't even buy it should have been a clue. Why would you even try to open a Fed only costume box?
    Well, considering a KDF aligned Romulan can't even buy it should have been a clue. Why would you even try to open a Fed only costume box?

I wasn't trying to. I was shifting things around in my inventory and bank. I was holding on to it. cause I hadn't decided on using it on another character or selling it. And this just kind of happened.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    they need to make this openable by Federation only characters, since for a character to use it, they have to be Federation. Because, personally, I wouldn't waste my EC or my Lobi on an outfit only my boffs could use.
    No, they need to make the outfit wearable by everyone.
    warpangel wrote: »
    No, they need to make the outfit wearable by everyone.

This is a the other route they can go. I agree with both sides of this. Either make it to where only Feds can open, or wearable by everyone. Either way, this solves this problem.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

If it were a Fed aligned Romulan, I wouldn't have put this warning out. I don't much worry about what my boffs wear, outside of gear. I think since 2012, I've bothered to do outfits for my Boffs once, maybe twice.

But this can be infuriating to people that buy it. To be able to open it on a character you can't use it on. Because they'll either be out the EC or the Lobi they had to use to get it.

Can't you use it on a wrong-faction marauding boff?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

Not sure on this one. It was a character that I had just started leveling. So, it's just now really starting the doffing part. It will be a long time before I can find this one out.
    Mm5NeXy.gif

No. All diplomacy/marauder boffs wear KDF outfits.

The kobali boff can wear Feddy clothes, though.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User

Completely agree. I've had packages I accidentally bought, but couldn't open on my Captain; but at least I could relist those. When you can open it, however, you should either be allowed to use it, or get a refund. (Or, in the off-chance it might happen, they could actually fix it, so you can no longer open it.)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Completely agree. I've had packages I accidentally bought, but couldn't open on my Captain; but at least I could relist those. When you can open it, however, you should either be allowed to use it, or get a refund. (Or, in the off-chance it might happen, they could actually fix it, so you can no longer open it.)
    And then there are boxes of clothes you could actually use (at least on boffs), but can't open. Arbitrary restrictions ahoy! :dizzy:
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Since my KDF characters can claim holoLeeta & a human boff from Marauding (I go female Tac and name her Elisa) I wouldn't mind being able to dress her to match Leeta.
    Holo-Leeta is not customizable and the marauder officers can't wear Federation clothes.

So unless you want to dress the kobali boff as zombie!Leeta there is no point claiming the outfit on KDF.
    Hmm... where do you find the Leeta variant in the tailor? I just tried it on a Fed and KDf and nothing....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Hmm... where do you find the Leeta variant in the tailor? I just tried it on a Fed and KDf and nothing....

You have to buy it from the Lobi Store or off the exhange first. But its not list in the tailor as the Leeta Variant. Which that's 200 lobi or 50+ million energy credits.

Top: Bare chest - Terran Jupiter

Then two terran - utility packs for chest.

Shorts - Pants tight - Shorts Terran 2.

Belt - Terran Utility

With the arm and hip attachments of the Terran daggers. This is using the Uniform selection. Should be the same for off duty. But, it's a Fed only outfit.

Since I used it on my KDF aligned Rom, I have looked. None of these parts show in the tailor.
    Mm5NeXy.gif

You have to buy it from the Lobi Store or off the exhange first. But its not list in the tailor as the Leeta Variant. Which that's 200 lobi or 50+ million energy credits.

Belt - Terran Utility

With the arm and hip attachments of the Terran daggers. This is using the Uniform selection. Should be the same for off duty. But, it's a Fed only outfit.

Since I used it on my KDF aligned Rom, I have looked. None of these parts show in the tailor.
    Well... I tried it on a FED too. Yes, really, I bought the outfit on a Fed just to see if it actually works. I had to completely exit STO and reload the game to get it to show up in the tailor, but yes, it DOES work on KDF Kobali boffs. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Just a bump to keep this on the front page. I would hate for this to happen to others.

Belt - Terran Utility

Well... I tried it on a FED too. Yes, really, I bought the outfit on a Fed just to see if it actually works. I had to completely exit STO and reload the game to get it to show up in the tailor, but yes, it DOES work on KDF Kobali boffs. :p

Great.. so.. I can use it on boffs, I'm never going to have on the character this happened.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    It is a Lobi outfit? That is a pretty big miss.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    It is a Lobi outfit? That is a pretty big miss.

It is. Which is why I posted the warning. It's 200 lobi, or generally 50+ million EC on the exchange. I want to prevent others from having to find this out the hard way.
    Mm5NeXy.gif

Total waste of lobu, and/or ec for an outfit to use on one boff. Personally, even though I can, and know I can use it on a boff, I still feel ripped off. Because I shouldn't even be able to open this box on a non-Federation character.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    It may be forever before they fix this. I've been waiting for a year. And they still haven't fixed the color palette glitch on the Terran Empire Jupiter Outfit(Leeta variants), Jupiter 1 Open 2. It happened after a patch, and they have not fixed it since. You can't choose red in the 2nd color palette on the upper. It's glitched with the pips colors. So, when I first bought the outfit, I could look just like Leeta! But after that glitch, I look like a 2nd rate Leeta...