test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

KDF Gamma Recruit R&D reward DOFFs are useless FED Researchers

vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
The reward for reaching Tier 5 in an R&D school is a pack of 5 Green Researcher DOFFs. Which is great, unless you're KDF aligned, because they are FED DOFFs - you can't use them, but they take up space in your roster. Fortunately, there's another bug: while the box says they are bound, they aren't. So Exchange, here I come!

Please fix this, Cryptic, and check the other Gamma Recruit R&D reward boxes while you're at it.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    LOL!
    OK...not gonna start on Gamma Recruit stuff, yet.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I have that problem myself. My KDF JH just claimed his reward for lvl 5 R+D, and he wound up with Fed research doffs. O_o
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Just shows how much love the KDF gets in this game.

Copy/Paste FTW!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Fixed by patch! Thank you VERY much! Gracefully, they let us reclaim, and this time it was a pack of Green KDF Researchers, as initially intended. Thanks again!

See, sometimes the bugs DO get fixed! :)
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Fixed by patch! Thank you VERY much! Gracefully, they let us reclaim, and this time it was a pack of Green KDF Researchers, as initially intended. Thanks again!

See, sometimes the bugs DO get fixed! :)

Sadly it might not always be the full fix/solve the issue completely :(
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1241971/kdf-allied-jemhadar-espionage-duty-officer-assignment-qlitch
    Some tactical missions apparently also require FED doffs for those KDF characters, according to tariser12
    (Another alleged KDF/Fed Jemm'hadar mix up regarding doffing system)

P.S. I don't know if it is different among players who already claimed the wrong doff package initially (and then could/did reclaim the right one but stayed bugged on that regard mentioned in the link) and players who never claimed the wrong pack ever, or other variants in situations and players.