test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion for Future Customization Options: Transporter and Warp FX

Would it be possible to add the option to customize your Transporter and Warp FX based on what ship you're using? Dropdown menus could be added to the Starship Customization window that would allow you to switch out Transporter/Warp effects as you see fit, either for free or for a small EC charge.

Each faction could start with its basic effects (Starfleet/Klingon/Romulan Captains would be able to choose between modern/TOS styles), and additional styles could be acquired through certain starships (Example: Unboxing a Galor, Keldon or any of the new Cardassian Intel ships would give you access to yellow warp trails and Cardassian transporter effects/sounds) or through other means (Example: Acquiring the Tosk Hunter Armor would only unlock their distinctive transporter FX, as we don't have any of their actual ships ingame.)
@MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
- Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I do believe that has been addressed before and the answer was that those effects are somehow actually irrevocably locked to the toon at character creation, making them literally impossible to change. I could easily be wrong but that's what my senile old brain seems to remember.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • lenonnlenonn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Put me down as someone who would love to see this implemented.